• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they can make me even happier if they put Star Ocean 6 and Valkyrie Elysium. VE probably has Sony exclusivity on it so I don't count on it but at least Star Ocean and its past games should be possible.
Unfortunately, it seems that some Square Enix producers are totally into the Switch and some don't even care. I'm pretty sure the next game in the Saga series, which is supposed to be announced this year, will be released on the console. The same for the next Mana game.
And others think they can avoid the biggest console on the Japanese market when developing AA games like Star Ocean or Valkyrie Elysium.

I don't know how much money Sony paid to get the Valkyrie Elysium exclusivity, but it's the dumbest move I've seen in a long time. These kinds of games NEED Nintendo's marketing and Switch's popularity. In the end the game will flop hard and the series will be buried again.

Last edited:
Tactics Ogre, my friend, Tactics Ogre! Until Triangle Strategy it was my number one favorite SRPG and I would be extremely happy to have it on the Switch even if it means another nail on my Vita's coffin.
The Vita doesn't exist anymore.

...I mean, that's what all the cool kids tell me.

The Vita doesn't exist anymore.

...I mean, that's what all the cool kids tell me.
Why do you wound me @merp? What wrong did I ever commit to you?

Alas you are right, the Vita is dead but its legacy (and some of its games) live on in the Switch.

The Vita is a better console than the Switch. Good design, feels like a premium console, perfect size, good joysticks, Bluetooth day one..

The Vita is a better console than the Switch. Good design, feels like a premium console, perfect size, good joysticks, Bluetooth day one..
Ha! Cope and seethe.

Me:

2f7.jpg

See this is my kind of gif humor. 🤣

the what now
It's a sandwich from Jimmy John's.
My favorite thing on their menu, actually.

Regarding backlogs, mine is so big that I basically stopped buying games for a while. Yes, made an exception for Chrono Cross (I didn't want to miss out on a physical copy) but outside of that there have been some great sales prices for stuff on my wishlist and while that's normally how I shop (eShop sales basically guide my purchases), I literally made a decision to stop because I'm simultaneously feeling too much pressure to complete the backlog and such intimidation that I can't bring myself to play the games in the backlog. 😅

I don’t see Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl competing with Smash. Smash is more popular, and Nintendo characters are more well-known.
Mario alone is more well-known than any Nickelodeon character, with the possible exception of Spongebob.

The only company that can really compete with Nintendo in terms of having recognizable, world famous characters and IPs is Disney.

Last edited:
Attention, please.

May I have your attention, please?

Will the real Legend of Zelda fans please stand up?

I repeat:

Will the real Legend of Zelda fans please stand up?

I feel like I've changed a lot in terms of gaming changes I'll tolerate now that I'm older. In the sense of classic franchises trying new things I mean. E.g. I used to be hardliner when it comes to StarFox (it CANNOT be anything other than an on rails shooter I WILL NOT ALLOW IT!!!11!). Nowadays, though? I'm way more open to the idea of said franchises trying new things (gimme dat Star Fox racing, F-Zero fighting game, Animal Crossing RPG, Metroid party game, etc.)

I feel like I've changed a lot in terms of gaming changes I'll tolerate now that I'm older. In the sense of classic franchises trying new things I mean. E.g. I used to be hardliner when it comes to StarFox (it CANNOT be anything other than an on rails shooter I WILL NOT ALLOW IT!!!11!). Nowadays, though? I'm way more open to the idea of said franchises trying new things (gimme dat Star Fox racing, F-Zero fighting game, Animal Crossing RPG, Metroid party game, etc.)
F-Zero needs to be a Musou game with Captain Falcon's special attack being his signature Falcon Punch.

...Of course, this is in a parallel universe where F-Zero gets a game, period, and we all know that will never happen.

Haha, pretty funny, right, everyone?

Liam Triforce just released his Skyward Sword video:

I'd highly recommend giving it a watch (though I've not seen it since I have yet to finish the game). His videos on the Zelda games are amazing. The Twilight Princess one even made me appreciate the game more than I previously did :)

I'd highly recommend giving it a watch (though I've not seen it since I have yet to finish the game). His videos on the Zelda games are amazing. The Twilight Princess one even made me appreciate the game more than I previously did :)

This is even better:

No, not the actual video.

The thumbnail.

Still trying to decide if I should grab Lego Star Wars. I ended up grabbing both Sherlock Holmes games and I’m considering getting Kakarot since it’s finally on sale for less than $60 for the whole set.

I want HAL to put Kirby in everything. Kirby RPG, Kirby musou, Kirby racing game, Kirby dating sim…

This right here is the dream! Copy abilities could be classes basically.

Also, I haven't played it, but isn't Air Ride a racing game? Or is it more of a hybrid thing.
I actually imagined Kirby as an isometric SRPG a while ago and in my head it absolutely fits the mechanics of Kirby games. Like, imagine equiping Kirby with certain accesoires that will greatly improve the range of Kirby's sucking power for example. It would just work I feel.

Y’all I’m happy for all the fans, but after BotW delay I realized I am not ready for Splatoon 3 to be Nintendo’s focus game for the next few months 😭 just no interest in the series

Y’all I’m happy for all the fans, but after BotW delay I realized I am not ready for Splatoon 3 to be Nintendo’s focus game for the next few months 😭 just no interest in the series
I like the series, but 3 is looking to be one of the 'safest' sequels to a big Nintendo franchise we've seen in a while, so I really don't have that much interest in it right now. They'll need to reveal a shakeup to the game for me to actually get hyped for it (still buying it, though), but I doubt they will. The game's too popular to really change things up too much.

That and, no matter what they do to the general gameplay, they're probably still keeping the "what is QoL?" design philosophy for stuff like joining matches, map selection, mode selection, etc.

First they are going to focus on Mario Strikers , Fire Emblem Three Hopes and probably MH:Rise Sunbreaker. Then it’s all going to be Splatoon 3 (with a bit of Live A Live) until Xenoblade 3 . I don’t find it that bad really

I'm playing Pilotwings Resort, and it sort of surprises me that we haven't got a Pilotwings game that takes advantage of gyro.

I'm sure they don't sell enough and are F-Zero/StarFox status, but I love this series and would enjoy playing with a Pro Controller or heck, even a sideways Joycon.

Sockventure giveaway! (EU codes)
Dears! With the permission of the Moderators of this site, I am here to tell you that it's..GIVEAWAY TIME!

Thanks to the publisher and the developers, I have been gifted with 5 codes (EU keys) of Sockventure, a brand new challenging 2D platformer that will land on the eShop on April 14th!

If you are interested you should simply visit our Italian site and leave a comment to the related news (to do this you must subscribe to the site but dont worry: it is totally FREE!)

Switchitalia

the comments must be posted before April 13th and the codes will be sharedthe day after (day of release)

Prepare your...sockets?!

Last edited:
So @merp making a Zelda ST got me thinking - which Nintendo franchises would benefit from a series ST on Fami as opposed to STs based on individual games? We got Xeno and Smash Bros. and we're gonna get Zelda, and for non-Nintendo franchises on the Treehouse we got Castlevania and Timesplitters.

Speaking exclusively about the hardware this is 100% true. The OG Vita is god-tier.

Nates latest Podcast: 'How BOTW2 delay strengthens Nintendo's 2022 Line-up'

Latest Spawn Wave News: 'Nintendos Holiday 2022 Line-Up gets bigger'

Is this really what's happening? I know that there were rumors about a M+R delay and now Nate deconfirmed that, but to me, both titles were slated for 2022 and now only one is coming. No problem at all but I don't see how it improves this year's line up tbh. Strange line of thought

I like the series, but 3 is looking to be one of the 'safest' sequels to a big Nintendo franchise we've seen in a while, so I really don't have that much interest in it right now. They'll need to reveal a shakeup to the game for me to actually get hyped for it (still buying it, though), but I doubt they will. The game's too popular to really change things up too much.

That and, no matter what they do to the general gameplay, they're probably still keeping the "what is QoL?" design philosophy for stuff like joining matches, map selection, mode selection, etc.
3 looks like it will be the "definitive way to play splatoon 2" better animation in general, slightly better visuals, most likely superior online with more options, letting you skip the opening id imagine, etc

Rumors about what isn't coming to Switch aren't that interesting but Grubby Grubb says Mass Effect still not coming to Switch, same as he said last year. I think some people here were still holding out hope.

Last edited:

I like Liam but I think he needs a script editor. Sometimes his sentences make no sense and feel like he's using thesaurus words he doesn't fully understand to make what he's saying sound more profound than it really is and it backfires because instead I think "that's not what that means" lol

Rumors about what isn't coming to Switch aren't that interesting but Grubby Grubb says Mass Effect still not coming to Switch, same as he said last year
This makes me sad, was hoping for a Switch version as it's the only platform I have access to really.

Rumors about what isn't coming to Switch aren't that interesting but Grubby Grubb says Mass Effect still not coming to Switch, same as he said last year

That reminds that I installed the Mass Effect collection on my PS4 and I still need to play it. Haven't played the original trilogy since 2012 I think.

Nates latest Podcast: 'How BOTW2 delay strengthens Nintendo's 2022 Line-up'

Latest Spawn Wave News: 'Nintendos Holiday 2022 Line-Up gets bigger'

Is this really what's happening? I know that there were rumors about a M+R delay and now Nate deconfirmed that, but to me, both titles were slated for 2022 and now only one is coming. No problem at all but I don't see how it improves this year's line up tbh. Strange line of thought
I noticed that too lol.

How did mario Rabbids with an official 2022 date game begin to be seen as 2023 just cause rumors that were presented as a maybe delay in the first place Lol. Both games were offical 2022 and both expected for this year. Not like BOTW2 was gonna steal sells from Rabbids which is very much a different genre

Granted. I don’t believe these insiders “it might be delay” stuff. It’s just an easy guess cause anything can happen in development, wrong? No one cares if you’re wrong cause game comes out. Correct? You win with your info and get a following, it’s just a win win for the other side. Xenoblade 3 for example

The Mass Effect Legendary Edition was a desirable port so no one should have expected EA to actually do it. If the reaction to a hypothetical port of an EA game is something like this:

curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david.gif

Then it has a higher chance of actually happening. But if it's something people would really be interested in, then no way.

Rumors about what isn't coming to Switch aren't that interesting but Grubby Grubb says Mass Effect still not coming to Switch, same as he said last year. I think some people here were still holding out hope.
Ahh damn, that's a bummer. Where was this, twitter?

The Mass Effect Legendary Edition was a desirable port so no one should have expected EA to actually do it. If the reaction to a hypothetical port of an EA game is something like this:

curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david.gif

Then it has a higher chance of actually happening. But if it's something people would really be interested in, then no way.
Where would Mirror's Edge/Catalyst fall on this scale?

This feels like a 50/50 toss up based on being what enthusiasts like us would be interested in (and wouldn't happen on Switch), but the mass market as a whole who would watch it float by without a care in the world (just to really drive the stake home that it'll never get a new entry)?

Ahh damn, that's a bummer. Where was this, twitter?

Where would Mirror's Edge/Catalyst fall on this scale?

This feels like a 50/50 toss up based on being what enthusiasts like us would be interested in (and wouldn't happen on Switch), but the mass market as a whole who would watch it float by without a care in the world (just to really drive the stake home that it'll never get a new entry)?

Mirror's Edge on its own for $20, positive reaction. Bundled with Catalyst for $40 to $60, probably knows it down to Larry David reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom