• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The ST |ST| Volunteer & Coordinate & Collaborate on StarTopics

so is it just this or Elden Ring too?
I'm... not sure yet.

I feel that I'm not that big of a FromSoftware fan given that I've never played or barely played their games before (only DS2, which was bad to start with).

I'd get "imposter syndrome" if I started an Elden Ring thread, but I really do want to start an Elden Ring ST thread. Just not sure if I'm the right person to do it, despite it being the biggest thing in terms of video games that I want right now.

Edit: But for now? Yes, it's just that at the moment.

I'm... not sure yet.

I feel that I'm not that big of a FromSoftware fan given that I've never played or barely played their games before (only DS2, which was bad to start with).

I'd get "imposter syndrome" if I started an Elden Ring thread, but I really do want to start an Elden Ring ST thread. Just not sure if I'm the right person to do it, despite it being the biggest thing in terms of video games that I want right now.

Edit: But for now? Yes, it's just that at the moment.
you don't need to be a superfan or have any sort of credentials, you just need to care about making a good thread (good thread doesn't also doesn't have to mean make it look like a marketing website).

you don't need to be a superfan or have any sort of credentials, you just need to care about making a good thread (good thread doesn't also doesn't have to mean make it look like a marketing website).
Alright then, I think I'll do it.

Elden Ring by @merp (01/29/2022)
Release: 02/23/2022

If anyone wants to join, you can DM me or, hell, ask me anywhere, really.

So, err, do I have approval? @TheMoon
I'm not handing out approvals lol
I just need people to read the guidelines in the OP (which also explains that I don't hand out approval stamps :p) and then post claims according to those :)
This whole process is designed to run itself, I just put things in a list sometimes and yell at people to read the OP :D

Changed the date of Science/Technology ST's release. Something came up last two days.

Changed the date of Science/Technology ST's release. Something came up last two days.
Thanks but threads for "just a thing you want to discuss" doesn't need "release dates" (or technically even a claim). So don't sweat it when you're busy with stuff.

Thanks but threads for "just a thing you want to discuss" doesn't need "release dates" (or technically even a claim). So don't sweat it when you're busy with stuff.
Thanks. I read through the thing twice, but I sometimes skim certain areas out of instinct.

I honestly need someone to do the ST thread for science/technology.

Anyone willing?

I have one that definitely hasn't been claimed yet that I can do for The Roost (off-topic) forums and one that's probably overdue by this point.

State and Recent Developments of Science and Technology ST by @merp (1/29/2022)
Release: 02/02/2022

Edit: Changed date to 01/31/2022 to 02/02/2022
Just thought I should say: unless I can use my paltry PhotoShop skills to make my Science/Technology ST then I might as well just make it into a regular discussion thread.

BTW, does anyone want to work with me on my Elden Ring ST? I just pre-purchased the game today...

Putting it out there...

Willing to work with anyone so we can get it ready.

Just thought I should say: unless I can use my paltry PhotoShop skills to make my Science/Technology ST then I might as well just make it into a regular discussion thread.

BTW, does anyone want to work with me on my Elden Ring ST? I just pre-purchased the game today...

Putting it out there...

Willing to work with anyone so we can get it ready.
I am deliberately not up to date with Elden Ring since I want to go in as blind as possible.

Otherwise I would have jumped at the opportunity.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass by VolcanicDynamo (15th February 2022)
18th March 2022

I'm ready to go racing with my first ST. Given that we got course releases until 2023 I'm in for the long haul, but Mario Kart's the kinda franchise that I'd be willing to maintain over that time. Open to collaboration if anyone is interested!

Last edited:
@aus89 and @afternoon delight and me have been working on the Elden Ring ST. I hope to submit by tomorrow night the ST thread, but I may be cutting it close. So if I do delay the submission to 02/24 instead of 02/23 then I'll let you all know.

I’m going to release my two “claims”, since I haven’t done much of anything with them due to writer’s block and frankly I’m not sure I’m properly equipped for fostering discussion around the Mother series and its ilk right now given some of the heavier topics that those games deal in.

hated star fox snes for years because of the poor performance and the because I thought it was completely unclassed by star fox 64.

now I realize that's not true, falco's voice sounds funny. I like it now.

edit: my bad lol 😅

Last edited:
hated star fox snes for years because of the poor performance and the because I thought it was completely unclassed by star fox 64.

definitely the wrong thread

Brock gotta be one of the best posters, imo.

The formatting is incorrect. I'll fix it for you, but only this time.

hated star fox snes for years because of the poor performance and the because I thought it was completely unclassed by star fox 64 by Brock Reiher (March 31, 2022)

Frankly, I'm up for doing another gaming ST.

Anyone want to help me?

I'm willing, tbh, and I have a lot of time now.

Just not sure which upcoming game to pick.

Anyone have any suggestions? Stuff they'd like to see?

Frankly, I'm up for doing another gaming ST.

Anyone want to help me?

I'm willing, tbh, and I have a lot of time now.

Just not sure which upcoming game to pick.

Anyone have any suggestions? Stuff they'd like to see?
I don't have any immediate answer for ya, but I'd like to express my thanks for all the STs you've made up to now, so thank you!

Yep.

Okay.

Time for a The Legend of Zelda ST thread for general discussion.

Someone's gotta do it.

The Legend of Zelda ST by @merp (04/07/2022)
Release: 04/24/2022

Last edited:
Yep.

Okay.

Time for a The Legend of Zelda ST thread for general discussion.

Someone's gotta do it.

The Legend of Zelda ST by @merp (04/07/2022)
Release: 04/17/2022
For the record:

I need help.

I mean, I'll go through with it either way.

But somebody to help with the graphics would be appreciated.

Thank you.

For the record:

I need help.

Thank you.
I could help and put Fi into every single graphic for this thread.

nah but seriously, don't have time in that one-week timeframe, afterwards I could help out if there's nobody else by then

For the record:

I need help.

Thank you.
What do you need?

I don't know much about how graphics work here. I presume you can only hotlink to graphics hosted elsewhere rather than upload them.

What do you need?

I don't know much about how graphics work here. I presume you can only hotlink to graphics hosted elsewhere rather than upload them.
that is correct, that's message boards tend to work (those where you upload images as attachments are ancient history)

For the record:

I need help.

Thank you.

Sure, let me know and I’ll do what I can.

Last edited:
Ah well I don't have that, but I've been able to pull off some somewhat fancy stuff with PowerPoint tricks (I can make a lovely triforce in PowerPoint).
Honestly? That's good enough. I just need banners.

Of course not, seems sensible!
🤔 "are you cool with cross posting?"
-> of course not ❌
-> seems sensible ✅
🤔

(I'm thinking you meant it's okay if we cross-post in the end, just had a good laugh while reading it :D)

Back
Top Bottom