• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Spawn Wave News: 'Nintendos Holiday 2022 Line-Up gets bigger'

Is this really what's happening? I know that there were rumors about a M+R delay and now Nate deconfirmed that, but to me, both titles were slated for 2022 and now only one is coming. No problem at all but I don't see how it improves this year's line up tbh. Strange line of thought
yeah not sure why a 2022 game still coming in 2022 and a 2022 game getting delayed to 2023 makes the lineup better

Nates latest Podcast: 'How BOTW2 delay strengthens Nintendo's 2022 Line-up'

Latest Spawn Wave News: 'Nintendos Holiday 2022 Line-Up gets bigger'

Is this really what's happening? I know that there were rumors about a M+R delay and now Nate deconfirmed that, but to me, both titles were slated for 2022 and now only one is coming. No problem at all but I don't see how it improves this year's line up tbh. Strange line of thought
Nate is saying that Nintendo is set to have a strong year without BotW2, and that sales of those titles are strengthened by not having to go toe-to-toe with Zelda on the holidays. And since Nintendo is likely to pull the HD remasters out of the vault this year, the number of games might actually increase if we get a HD double pack.

The M+R2 news is a separate item.

Mirror's Edge on its own for $20, positive reaction. Bundled with Catalyst for $40 to $60, probably knows it down to Larry David reaction.
Somehow this still seems more optimistic because I kinda expected a port of just Catalyst for $40 to $60 would garner Larry's reaction lol

Somehow this still seems more optimistic because I kinda expected a port of just Catalyst for $40 to $60 would garner Larry's reaction lol

Catalyst is so Larry David that even if it was bundled with the original, it cannot be elevated to above Larry David status.

So it’s not just Adam Howden in Lego Star Wars. David Menkin (Malos’s voice actor) is LUKE CHUCKLEFUCKING SKYWALKER.

Obligatory:

Also "chucklefucking" is a good word to describe pretty much any of the Skywalkers. πŸ‘

Hey, this is Kirby. He needs to beat the crap out of his enemies. How can he do that properly if he's forced to wait a turn?
Kirby simply chooses to wait his turn to give his enemies the illusion of standing a chance against his immeasurable might.

So @merp making a Zelda ST got me thinking - which Nintendo franchises would benefit from a series ST on Fami as opposed to STs based on individual games? We got Xeno and Smash Bros. and we're gonna get Zelda, and for non-Nintendo franchises on the Treehouse we got Castlevania and Timesplitters.
Kirby! Not sure if there’s enough interest here for it or not, but I’d love a dedicated Kirby thread, specifically to talk about lore.

F-Zero desperately needs a community ST so the five of us who still care about it deeply can have a place to call home.

I predict this will get exactly four Yeah!s, simply because one can not Yeah! their own post.

rtzdjnk9qcl51.png

LDEpGX7.gif

Source

Rumors about what isn't coming to Switch aren't that interesting but Grubby Grubb says Mass Effect still not coming to Switch, same as he said last year. I think some people here were still holding out hope.
Its a shame that Switch will end its life cycle and EA didn’t take the opportunity to put both Mass Effect and Dragon Age trilogies on a handheld device. Its a miracle that Apex Legends and Plants vs Zombies came to the system. plus other remaster/ports titles like mirror edge/catalyst, battlefield 3/bad company 2, sims 4, dead space trilogy.

Its a shame that Switch will end its life cycle and EA didn’t take the opportunity to put both Mass Effect and Dragon Age trilogies on a handheld device. Its a miracle that Apex Legends and Plants vs Zombies came to the system. plus other remaster/ports titles like mirror edge/catalyst, battlefield 3/bad company 2, sims 4, dead space trilogy.
And no The Sims title either. Nintendo and Maxis used to be tight up until a generation ago. It’s sad to see the current state of affairs.

Sims 4 is the most baffling. It'd sell millions on copies on the Switch, no doubt.

I would be so happy if dead space trilogy came to switch, especially because 3 glitched on pc and i cant finish it lol

almost done with world 5 in kirby. this game is just fantastic. full of surprises and polished to perfection. i'm thinking if anything the reviewers were too harsh on it and it deserved even higher scores.

Man I do hope this Switch Pro rumors are true this year, otherwise it might mean less third party presence on current Switch and that's the worst possible situation for me. I mean, it's been two months since the last Direct and all third party game announcements we got were Jojo and Cowabunga collection. Pathetic...

I really miss the days of two handhelds in the market. Sega needs to come back and create Game Freakin' Gear 2.

Kirby! Not sure if there’s enough interest here for it or not, but I’d love a dedicated Kirby thread, specifically to talk about lore.
Kirby would be fun! I do like me some Kirby.
F-Zero desperately needs a community ST so the five of us who still care about it deeply can have a place to call home.

I predict this will get exactly four Yeah!s, simply because one can not Yeah! their own post.
Just for that, you are getting a Yeah!. and I don't even care about F-Zero. Enjoy your (as of the time of this post's writing) eight Yeah!s.

Meanwhile for me, if I had one community ST, I'd predictably choose Mario, but Mario is such a broad franchise that I don't know if it makes sense to have one thread for it? I also don't know how much of a Mario community we have, as opposed to several disparate Mario communities.

...which, I mean, hey, the Booster Course Pass ST is a glorified Mario Kart ST. Maybe we just need, like, a Mario RPG ST and a Mario Sports ST and a Super Mario ST or something. Dunno the interest level but hey, why not take my shot.

What about The Sims Bustin' Out?
Unfortunately not as good as the GBA/DS The Urbz because it doesn't have that cute little motorcycle sound effect

Unironically seconding this request.

The Urbz on GBA was some seriously GOAT gameplay, even more memorable than the PS2 version of the game I saw once
I don't know how many hours I spent on this game nor how much times I replayed it. It's so good

Could you people stop dreaming about The Sims (or urbs whatever) on Switch? You made me crave for a portable The Sims. Too bad I lost my The Sims 3 3DS card...

I'm very sorry. GX came out when I was, like, seven. Mario Kart and Kirby Air Ride came out the same year, and-

...actually, holy shit, Nintendo really did release three racing games in a single year on the same platform. Air Ride and GX were released two weeks apart! GameCube era was wild.

For Kirby RPG we need "Kirby & Dedede" by Alpha- uh... someone that can make a RPG like the ones they made...

...but without the filler of the last Alphadream ones.

Sims 4 is the most baffling. It'd sell millions on copies on the Switch, no doubt.
Considering the other consoles effectively got a direct PC port this time around (complete with mouse support), I’m guessing EA decided it wasn’t worth their time to make a more traditional console version for the Switch instead of a quick and dirty port.

EA has a very talented port/remaster studio, Stellar, hope they picks some gems up and bring back to daylight. There are awful lot of stuff in the EA's chest. And I also hope Grubb is wrong about EA abandoning Switch.

Can someone explain to me the takes about demeaning newer entries of a series to older ones. I dont mind if you prefer, lets say Wind waker to BOTW (just an example). But to say that the other is an inferior product is baffling to me. Cant we just appreciate the games we are getting.

Is it nostalgia talking? Is it people looking for attention?

But to say that the other is an inferior product is baffling to me. Cant we just appreciate the games we are getting.
tihBb97T-hCJ_f8X1FfmDj_32CU8CuoSMr70y3JkCBY.jpg

It's basically this, imo.

can’t believe they made the sequel to mario dark souls with kirby elden ring

is what I keep thinking to myself in the snow zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom