• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious if any of you guys can solve this puzzle with no additional context (context that would be in the game):
FTdLMtM_d.webp
a spikey ball

🎶Where have all the Chao-boys gone🎶

Sorry
Don't be, that was beautiful
200px-Sa2_mating_season.png

Last edited:
Where did the Chao Garden go?
This is Miyamoto. Chao Garden has been permanently delayed from Sonic games forever. Sonic Team is blinded by their arrogance and lack of expertise in good game design to include such a good feature. Please buy another game instead.

Fuuuck, I just had a proper night terror for the first time in a while. The shit my brain can conjur sometimes is straight-up fucked.

Can’t get back to sleep, so I think I’m gonna play some Kirby or something :)

It does make sense. Switch Sports has soccer as a headlining mode. Marketing two soccer games at the same time would be weird.
I suppose, guess I’m just starting to get worried that despite NLG being the ones behind the wheel that this game will still fall into all the same trappings as the other recent Mario sports games

I suppose, guess I’m just starting to get worried that despite NLG being the ones behind the wheel that this game will still fall into all the same trappings as the other recent Mario sports games
The original Mario Strikers games were very very lacking in content. Less then the current Mario Aces and Mario Golf on switch in all honestly.

I’m not expecting much in launch. Probably will have decent support tho

The original Mario Strikers games were very very lacking in content. Less then the current Mario Aces and Mario Golf on switch in all honestly.

I’m not expecting much in launch. Probably will have decent support tho
And yet despite lacking content those games are more beloved than Aces and Super Rush.

Content is clearly overrated :p seriously though in games like these, if you have friends, as long as you've got quality core gameplay, the replay value can be infinite.

Even if Strikers launches on Switch seemingly content light, it wouldn't bother me much. As long as it's fun to play online. I assume famiboards will build a club of their own, and that's a feature I'm greatly anticipating.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

67HsVbZ.png

it’s literally one of these run through Photoshop’s cutout fi
I’m sorry, I stand corrected, it’s most likely the 256 GB version of the card

source: I just ran the Photoshop cutout filter on the card and then the 256 GB version of the card
Damn, I really, really wanted to believe. And in turn, I became the chump sipping the Kool-Aid 🙃

Still though, using SD cards as a symbol for replays just seems so peculiar to me. I guess they're more ubiquitous in 2022 as opposed to 3.5" floppy disks as a save icon symbol, but...yeah, just strikes me as a curious choice to tape onto a board representing a roadmap of updates. But then again I'm not the devs nor have the mastery of symbology like Robert Langdon

The Batman 2 was announced at CinemaCon, with Reeves returning to write and direct, Pattinson returning to star, and the "entire team" rejoining.
Having just finished it for the first time 40 minutes ago, I am ecstatic. The reviews have honestly been whiplash on either side of the spectrum, but despite being someone who isn't intimately familiar with the source material this is the kind of refreshing superhero flick that doesn't follow the standard Marvel formula. 9/10 for me, and while I agree it may have been a smidge too long I still am looking forward to watching it again.

Partially was expecting/hoping Joaquin Phoenix would find himself in Arkham Asylum, but I'm about to watch that deleted scene now and I'm curious to see Barry Keoghan's performance.

Johnny vs amber is a very interesting case. I dont know this forum's stance on it but i sure hope that evil woman loses everything.
Don’t wanna antagonize you, because Johnny Depp has some mad good PR as well as some dedicated fans, but if you look at the facts, he lied quite a lot and seems to be a violent man, albeit in a toxic relationship. There was a Twitter account that unfolded all the timeline of abuse allegations, and also tried to put back some facts on the whole lies spread by Depp’s PR team and fans. And from my POV, Amber Heard’s image deeply suffers from biphobia and the usual tropes associated with bi people : that we’re liars, duplicitous, etc.

I’m not a judge in this trial, and didn’t followed it very closely, but the video of Depp smashing cabinets while being drunk reminds me of every abuser I’ve ever seen in my family. A man punching a wall or pieces or furniture while drunk is an absolute red flag. So overall I think we should try our best to trust victims, especially when the UK courts already deemed that Depp’s assaults did occur (and that the Sun was therefore in its rights to call him a “wife beater”).

Some of my Switch port dreams for 1st party:

Fire Emblem Fates and Awakening

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Super Mario 3D Land

Don’t wanna antagonize you, because Johnny Depp has some mad good PR as well as some dedicated fans, but if you look at the facts, he lied quite a lot and seems to be a violent man, albeit in a toxic relationship. There was a Twitter account that unfolded all the timeline of abuse allegations, and also tried to put back some facts on the whole lies spread by Depp’s PR team and fans. And from my POV, Amber Heard’s image deeply suffers from biphobia and the usual tropes associated with bi people : that we’re liars, duplicitous, etc.

I’m not a judge in this trial, and didn’t followed it very closely, but the video of Depp smashing cabinets while being drunk reminds me of every abuser I’ve ever seen in my family. A man punching a wall or pieces or furniture while drunk is an absolute red flag. So overall I think we should try our best to trust victims, especially when the UK courts already deemed that Depp’s assaults did occur (and that the Sun was therefore in its rights to call him a “wife beater”).
I dont follow the case very well as i only began watching some videos about it literally yesterday, but i havent seen a single mention of her being bi. At all. Much less it being used as something negative, im sure there are people who used tho.

Depp certainly has problems, he was/is a drug user, was/is a drunk, and in general is/was most likely unstable. But is there actual evidence of him laying his hands on her at any time? Because she did admit to hitting him, gaslighting him, and just being a complete shit human among other many many things.

I will be defending the victim, it being him in this case.

re: the Johnny Depp v Amber Heard trial, I'd be generally careful about taking partial information disseminated through twitter and the likes (by people who often have ulterior motives) at face value. Court reporting can be extremely tricky and the way this entire trial has been turned into a circus show for everyone to partake in and drop their hot take doesn't really help the situation. Not to say that Heard is innocent here at all, the evidence paints a clear picture, I'd just be mindful of how this is being framed and even weaponized.

edit: As an example, I've seen a lot of people on Twitter make fun of Heard's lawyer for objecting to his own question but an actual lawyer put the moment into context:

Last edited:
But is there actual evidence of him laying his hands on her at any time?
As the user you're responding to just said, the British court accepted 12 of 14 reportings on abuse, hence rejecting his claim of libel against The Sun for labelling him a wife beater. This includes claims where the judge accepted corroborating statements from witnesses and photographic evidence of injuries. Depp's appeal was rejected, too.

Of two minds this morning:

1) How is it Wednesday again already, ffs.
2) Bergfest.

Edit: I guess I should elaborate for non-German-speaking Fami.
"Bergfest" is a German compound word, formed out of "Berg" (mountain) and "Fest" (party).

It is used to denote the half-way point of your typical Monday to Friday work-week, and thus every Wednesday is Bergfest.

Last edited:
Every time I watch Moon Knight I'm reminded just how wasted Oscar Issac was in the Star Wars sequel trilogy. What a shame, he's clearly capable of Oscar-level (full pun intended) acting.

I've been playing the Overwatch 2 beta and it has basically nothing new for the supports... some of the tanks have been redesigned, a lot of the DPS have and there's a new character, but absolutely nothing for supports. Yikes.

And yet despite lacking content those games are more beloved than Aces and Super Rush.

Content is clearly overrated :p seriously though in games like these, if you have friends, as long as you've got quality core gameplay, the replay value can be infinite.

Even if Strikers launches on Switch seemingly content light, it wouldn't bother me much. As long as it's fun to play online. I assume famiboards will build a club of their own, and that's a feature I'm greatly anticipating.
Well online is what I'm afraid off. I want a good rating system for solo play and the club mode. I want seasonal rewards and so on. Basically I would just like to get what every other online game has... Then I would buy the game day one.

Update on the vertical mouse: holy moly it is far more confortable than a regular mouse, I'm never going back.

Every time I watch Moon Knight I'm reminded just how wasted Oscar Issac was in the Star Wars sequel trilogy. What a shame, he's clearly capable of Oscar-level (full pun intended) acting.
His performance in Ex Machina is absurdly good. He is wasted on Disney franchises.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Damn, I really, really wanted to believe. And in turn, I became the chump sipping the Kool-Aid 🙃

Still though, using SD cards as a symbol for replays just seems so peculiar to me. I guess they're more ubiquitous in 2022 as opposed to 3.5" floppy disks as a save icon symbol, but...yeah, just strikes me as a curious choice to tape onto a board representing a roadmap of updates. But then again I'm not the devs nor have the mastery of symbology like Robert Langdon
It’s like how that would have been a DV tape or VHS in the past to show “video editing.”

Now I think the most resonant thing for video editors, though less immediately evocative as a symbol, is an SD card / microSD card. Everything I’ve shot since 2010 or recorded environmental sound for, even every “pro level” photo (I use the term loosely, I am ineffective as a photographer but do have equipment, strong framing sense, and a keen editing eye) — it’s been a revolving door of SD cards, for myself and others.

and like now phone cameras are halfway decent, but… that doesn’t symbolize “video editing” at all, lol

also, re Robbo Langydangy — even though I read the books long ago and enjoyed the suspense to some degree, I recently saw a couple of the DaVinci Code & Sons Ltd. movies as a gag… and like… they did not sell the idea of Tom Hanks being smart or not an asshole

why does everyone love him?? he’s just some guy??

I think my issue is more with the writing but also I just genuinely do not find Tom Hanks to be charming or interesting or trustworthy

Restarted Hollow Knight on switch. I am enjoying it again except those mantis triplets are kicking my ass. Back to pain.

This is Miyamoto. Dunban's over there.

Also, I did not know this is a thing that is happening 😭 :

The Jumi plot absolutely fascinated me as a kid. So happy they're featuring that.

Holy shit

I might like this better than the Smash mural. Hot damn HAL.

It’s like how that would have been a DV tape or VHS in the past to show “video editing.”

Now I think the most resonant thing for video editors, though less immediately evocative as a symbol, is an SD card / microSD card. Everything I’ve shot since 2010 or recorded environmental sound for, even every “pro level” photo (I use the term loosely, I am ineffective as a photographer but do have equipment, strong framing sense, and a keen editing eye) — it’s been a revolving door of SD cards, for myself and others.

and like now phone cameras are halfway decent, but… that doesn’t symbolize “video editing” at all, lol

also, re Robbo Langydangy — even though I read the books long ago and enjoyed the suspense to some degree, I recently saw a couple of the DaVinci Code & Sons Ltd. movies as a gag… and like… they did not sell the idea of Tom Hanks being smart or not an asshole

why does everyone love him?? he’s just some guy??

I think my issue is more with the writing but also I just genuinely do not find Tom Hanks to be charming or interesting or trustworthy
I guess if anything my ignorance dates me from the last time I held a professional handheld video camera when SD cards are used for anything except phones and gaming consoles 😅 Hell I borrow my mom's old Nikon once in a blue moon but even then I forget it actually has an SD card inside lol

Re: Bobbo Langbodiggitydang, I finished The Lost Symbol for the first time a month ago after having it sit on my shelf for a full on decade and that's why the name floated to the top of my head, but I haven't seen the movies in a hot minute. While I kinda like Tom Hanks myself ever since Forrest Gump, I do get where you come from.

Truthfully I have the same opinion of Brad Pitt but I have no idea where I picked it up. By all rights Hollywood seems to concur that for the most part he's an all around decent human being, but everytime I see him I'm filled with a visceral rage at this slimeball; the only movie I feel that is a true representation of himself as the character he plays is Fight Club.

Having just finished it for the first time 40 minutes ago, I am ecstatic. The reviews have honestly been whiplash on either side of the spectrum, but despite being someone who isn't intimately familiar with the source material this is the kind of refreshing superhero flick that doesn't follow the standard Marvel formula. 9/10 for me, and while I agree it may have been a smidge too long I still am looking forward to watching it again.

Partially was expecting/hoping Joaquin Phoenix would find himself in Arkham Asylum, but I'm about to watch that deleted scene now and I'm curious to see Barry Keoghan's performance.
The critical reviews are pretty great and audience reviews are quite positive on the whole - the movie had very solid legs and an A- CinemaScore, which is the highest for a DC film since Shazam, and is more impressive considering this is a (mostly) bleak, 3-hour detective story. I'm sure you're seeing more division on Twitter and such, but I truly think it's because people have been conditioned to only expect MCU movies for superhero movies.

Doesn't mean The Batman doesn't have flaws - it totally does - but I found it exhilarating and intelligent in a way that I haven't felt since probably Logan and Infinity War. Glad you loved it just like me!

You know what’s an under appreciated Nintendo game of the last few years?

Yoshi’s Woolly World.

I absolutely loved this game. So much better than any other Yoshi sequel which followed the original Yoshi’s Island.

Nintendo Switch Sports would have been cool as an addition to NSO + EP, with a new sport coming once every 2-3 months
Yes! Would have been amazing when they got to jai alai, Sepak takraw, Pesäpallo, tejo (personal favorite choice as a party game), or one foot high kick (this would be viral video worthy for all the injuries and destroyed items).

The critical reviews are pretty great and audience reviews are quite positive on the whole - the movie had very solid legs and an A- CinemaScore, which is the highest for a DC film since Shazam, and is more impressive considering this is a (mostly) bleak, 3-hour detective story. I'm sure you're seeing more division on Twitter and such, but I truly think it's because people have been conditioned to only expect MCU movies for superhero movies.

Doesn't mean The Batman doesn't have flaws - it totally does - but I found it exhilarating and intelligent in a way that I haven't felt since probably Logan and Infinity War. Glad you loved it just like me!
Surprisingly the division I was encountering were from people I know in person; and really that division occured if they were fans of the comics or not. One friend who's dad is a huge comic need and has several Marvel comics 1st edition and mint, he's convinced this movie is the greatest thing since and better than the Nolan Dark Knight trilogy. Another friend who's a huge fan of Batman and comics agreed it was good, but about a half hour too long. Yet another close friend who's a cinephile but certainly hasn't read the comics and enjoys most superhero blockbusters put it at a 6/10.

At a housewarming party my sister had, her friends were going in when the movie was fresh in theaters and that exact discussion and you could tell who was a fan of the source material and who hasn't read it at all haha

But yeah, end of the day I definitely enjoyed it for being something new and I look forward to seeing where it's taken in the sequel!

You know what’s an under appreciated Nintendo game of the last few years?

Yoshi’s Woolly World.

I absolutely loved this game. So much better than any other Yoshi sequel which followed the original Yoshi’s Island.

This so much! I'd say that it's by far my favorite Yoshi. IMO, it did for Yoshi what Forgotten Land is now doing for Kirby.

Surprisingly the division I was encountering were from people I know in person; and really that division occured if they were fans of the comics or not. One friend who's dad is a huge comic need and has several Marvel comics 1st edition and mint, he's convinced this movie is the greatest thing since and better than the Nolan Dark Knight trilogy. Another friend who's a huge fan of Batman and comics agreed it was good, but about a half hour too long. Yet another close friend who's a cinephile but certainly hasn't read the comics and enjoys most superhero blockbusters put it at a 6/10.

At a housewarming party my sister had, her friends were going in when the movie was fresh in theaters and that exact discussion and you could tell who was a fan of the source material and who hasn't read it at all haha

But yeah, end of the day I definitely enjoyed it for being something new and I look forward to seeing where it's taken in the sequel!
Damn, good to know! I've seen it 3 times, twice in theaters and once on HBO Max, and I watched it with friends each time who all loved it. I guess my sample size might be the outlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom