• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this early NoA.

hero
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but this might be a sign that we're getting more info soon?

I was confused about why people were freaking out over an image from the reveal trailer but I looked at the Xenoblade 3 thread to find out what was going on.

I do think the image leaked a bit ahead of time indicating a trailer relatively soon, maybe as early as next week

Not sure how to take it if we get an XC3 trailer this week

I fully expected a wait til E3, unless… no june direct

even bigger unless… april direct 👀

I mean I’m the only person back in February who said I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a direct in April.

With that aside I do think this points to a new trailer very soon. And maybe it won’t be a direct. Who knows Wth Nintendos full plans are now with E3 canned

I mean I’m the only person back in February who said I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a direct in April.

With that aside I do think this points to a new trailer very soon. And maybe it won’t be a direct. Who knows Wth Nintendos full plans are now with E3 canned
I said that too actually! I just felt they had a lot to cover

Though I also said that when I thought BotW2 was this year, because I thought they’d want multiple directs with it

Maybe an April Mini Direct? That would explain the lack of third party announcements and no Indieworld. I don't think it'll be a full Direct though.

I said that too actually! I just felt they had a lot to cover

Though I also said that when I thought BotW2 was this year, because I thought they’d want multiple directs with it
Yeah my big reasoning for an April direct at the time was because we had BotW 2 coming this year. But well that’s not happening anymore lol.

I just want a new trailer for Xenoblade 3, a release date for Splatoon 3 and Prime Remake to be announced, i'm not asking THAT MUCH nintendo

That red bear thing is legit one of the poorest things pixar has done.
like I’m gonna maybe give you a split second benefit of the doubt and ask the question —

you know that red pandas are an actual animal and look like that, right?

like yeah they made it fluffy and mildly cartoony to a degree but you’re not operating with like… the platonic western ideal of a bear as your only point of reference… right?

like I’m gonna maybe give you a split second benefit of the doubt and ask the question —

like yeah they made it fluffy and mildly cartoony to a degree but you’re not operating with like… the platonic western ideal of a bear as your only point of reference… right?
Yeah. That confused me. It looks very much like a red panda in cartoon form lol

53074a1d327f40a398927339_cut_800x500_61.jpg

like I’m not trying to lead the doggo-pile here (𝖇𝖆𝖟𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖆! is this how you bazinga) but I’m just really baffled by this take

It reminds me of a furtsuit lmao
I haven't seen the movie, but I've seen the design and ?!?!?
Me neither, which is why im not talking about its contents.
Fam they made three Cars movies
Cars 3 legit underrated tbf

The problem isnt the animal lol, its his design, he just looks like a fursuit. Shifu from Kung fu panda is also a red panda i think and he is just 10x more interesting.

I want to stress i have nothing against furries, i just dont like how that red panda character looks, same thing to the human designs

Raccoon is cute tho

Last edited:
I loved Turning Red solely for all the Toronto references crammed inside 91 minutes. The only part that made it difficult to suspend disbelief was in the beginning, the idea of making a streetcar wait for you while you dillydally with friends.

Also TIL that using the NATETHEHATE code on Manscaped is A) still accepted upon checkout, and B) gets you a bigger discount than their welcome 15% off for signing up your email to spam.

Wouldnt say so, because i said that i wasnt criticizing the film itself because i havent watched it.
Maybe give it a watch then ! The designs really work with the fast-paced, almost « Sony Animation-like », animations

My girlfriend is a primary school teacher and thought about taking her class to see Turning Red but ultimately decided against it because the kids are like 10 and she was afraid she’d have to answer questions about Canada.

If I had to guess, the new XC3 image is nothing really, just... a new image.

And I'm still willing an Indies Show into existence next week

The whole April Mini Direct is people on hopium right? They haven't done one since 2020 and I dont think we will see that format return. It does not make sense.

The whole April Mini Direct is people on hopium right? They haven't done one since 2020 and I dont think we will see that format return. It does not make sense.
Nintendo does Mini Directs every few years or so. There was one in 2018 as well. You might be thinking of a Partner Showcase, which does have the Mini branding but is a different thing altogether.

Wild unprecedented theory, what if we got a double feature next week, an Indie World and a Mini Direct back to back in the same video…

I agree with Sammy I’m not really feeling the Xenoblade 3 picture is pointing towards a trailer next week. There’s always a lot to talk about with a Xenoblade game, but I feel larger marketing will happen a little later. Maybe end of May the earliest?

Wild unprecedented theory, what if we got a double feature next week, an Indie World and a Mini Direct back to back in the same video…

I agree with Sammy I’m not really feeling the Xenoblade 3 picture is pointing towards a trailer next week. There’s always a lot to talk about with a Xenoblade game, but I feel larger marketing will happen a little later. Maybe end of May the earliest?
Something I didn’t really think about is that this is coming out way earlier in the year than XC2 did.

XC2 got its deep dive at E3 so thats what I expected for 3, but maybe it will be earlier given a September launch instead of December?

Something I didn’t really think about is that this is coming out way earlier in the year than XC2 did.

XC2 got its deep dive at E3 so thats what I expected for 3, but maybe it will be earlier given a September launch instead of December?
Yeah the September release date is what makes guessing about its marketing rollout more interesting. This coming week I think is a free week, could be anything. I’m leaning toward Indie World only because it has to happen sometime soon if they stick to three a year. Following week is definitely all Switch Sports.

May is where it gets interesting because there are at least four games in competition with it: Mario Strikers, Fire Emblem, Live A Live (which is kind of its own thing), and Splatoon 3.

Anyway with that in mind, I think they’ll actually do small, but meaningful tidbits leading up to E3 (maybe introduce side characters and factions for example) and then have the second big trailer at E3 is my guess. This image is the first of those tidbits is my guess.

IIRC Xenoblade 2’s big deep dive was in the September Direct, not E3. And then it got its own Direct in November. E3 was really the first ‘proper’ trailer since the one at the reveal event was the teasiest of teasers.

So, for XC3, it feels too early for me for them to do much with it; they’ll still have two Directs to show it off (unless it’s launching like the first week of September or something), and the trailer we already got feels about equivalent to the E3 XC2 trailer. Do a big deep dive trailer for XC3 at E3/June time, then do a lot of little snippet updates via Twitter and the website weekly or whatever, then do a final reminder trailer in September just before launch. Seems to line up well to me.

I love that "platonic western ideal of a bear" is a phrase I got to read on the internet today.

Yeah. That confused me. It looks very much like a red panda in cartoon form lol

53074a1d327f40a398927339_cut_800x500_61.jpg
oh god it's so cute I want to give kisses

What's going on her-- 🐺 💢
Best comment on this page

lmao love waking up to everyone here rightfully defending Turning Red

6-EAE5-C29-0922-4-C58-B067-3-D43896-E6-A8-A.jpg
It's not the first time Fami dropped gloves for this movie.

I loved Turning Red solely for all the Toronto references crammed inside 91 minutes. The only part that made it difficult to suspend disbelief was in the beginning, the idea of making a streetcar wait for you while you dillydally with friends.
Making the streetcar wait is very rude, which is un-Canadian, so yeah, suspension of disbelief broken.
Although, the streetcar actually waiting is very polite, so maybe suspension of disbelief reinstated..?

My girlfriend is a primary school teacher and thought about taking her class to see Turning Red but ultimately decided against it because the kids are like 10 and she was afraid she’d have to answer questions about Canada.

Nintendo does Mini Directs every few years or so. There was one in 2018 as well. You might be thinking of a Partner Showcase, which does have the Mini branding but is a different thing altogether.
Yeah. My thinking comes from how their release schedule looks. A mini wouldn't productive cause they have a number of games, that need deep dives. Strikers, FE, XC3,Splatoon etc. Plus their fall first party lineup is empty, outside of XC3. I am not counting Pokemon.

But at the very least we are getting something in the next 2 months

Okay I posted this in the Turning Red thread a while ago but I feel like it deserves to be seen in General:
Sf016aB.webp

as fall arrives in the southern hemisphere, it's getting cold here where I live, and using the toilet shower made me realize how small we are in the face of the grandeur and dangers of the universe.

carl sagan was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom