• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough shit, everyone. I can write in cursive, so that job is mine.

Looks like we got some Three Hopes Edelgard art.

Yup. Looks like Edelgard. Doesn’t look as nearly as good as the Three House’s skip. But not too bad. Even tho both versions are very young characters, she looks a bit younger here lol

FQMAncjagAES0N9

They should let people outside of Japan import the Mega Drive 6B pad from Japan. Let us pay the shipping/import fees, I just want a way to get it.

They should let people outside of Japan import the Mega Drive 6B pad from Japan. Let us pay the shipping/import fees, I just want a way to get it.
They're all over eBay, they're just.. kinda.. not cheap

I have 340 orbs in Fire Emblem Heroes. I was debating on whether to attempt to pull Baby Ike since he's been a tough cookie in Tempest Trials. I decided that I would just spend 20 orbs trying to get him and if I didn't, then I would just move on. Got him with my second pull. Today was a good day.

Yup. Looks like Edelgard. Doesn’t look as nearly as good as the Three House’s skip. But not too bad. Even tho both versions are very young characters, she looks a bit younger here lol

FQMAncjagAES0N9

I'm digging the new designs for Three Hopes. It gives the game a bit more of its own identity apart from Three Houses and it gives fans of Three Houses something new. That's the fun of Warriors spinoffs. They give fans a chance to play as characters they weren't able to in the main games and they often give familiar characters new looks, designs, and colors.

IIRC Xenoblade 2’s big deep dive was in the September Direct, not E3. And then it got its own Direct in November. E3 was really the first ‘proper’ trailer since the one at the reveal event was the teasiest of teasers.
A bit late to reply to this, but E3 2017 had a 40 minute treehouse video showing off the combat and core crystal summoning. I'd say that absolutely counts as a deep dive. It gave a solid idea of all the combat mechanics except chain attacks/orb bursting which would be shown off in August - again, before September - at another 40-ish minute showcase at Gamescom.

By the time September rolled around, it was just a ten minute video of Gramps blathering on about warring nations and the gameplay part was just a recap of what we already saw in the treehouse video and gamescom stream.

Regardless of what counts or doesn't count as a deep dive, the point stands that Xenoblade 2 had 40 minutes worth of gameplay shown six months before release. Xenoblade 3 is five months from release and we haven't seen a single shot of the combat or any hint as to what customization/character building systems there'll be.

That isn't to say I think Xenoblade news is likely happening before June. Splatoon is coming sooner and still doesn't have a release month so if Nintendo wants to talk about a game before June, that'd be the one. I just think it's interesting that is the closest to release we've been to a new Xenoblade without knowing a single thing about the gameplay.

It's the IR - Skyward Sword uses the sensor bar to automatically recalibrate, which emulators quickly discovered.

Accelerometers have a minimum and a maximum amount of acceleration they can detect. Tiny movements and big fast ones won't be detected and the errors pile up, but every time you swing the Wiimote by the screen, blink, it recalibrates. Joy-Cons can't do that. What drives me particularly insane is that the right joy-con includes an IR camera but it's pointed the wrong way...
The holy grail will be some kind of position fixing sub-system. A periodic pinging of a polarised signal from two antennas on different sides of the console could maybe provide sufficient information for the joy-con to determine the delta between its calculated position and its actual position.

This would be purely for internal use and wouldn't tie the player to a fixed neutral position. It also wouldn't require external equipment like a sensor bar or line of sight. It would also only be needed when the motion controls are in use so no need for any pinging during Picross.

Of course that's more tech to be crammed into the joy-con (and the tablet too) along with all the ensuing EMC concerns (I don't think battery would be a concern since the joy-con would only be receiving). Not heard anything mentioned that this is a thing they are working on.

FQMAncjagAES0N9
I am not sure if I read it somewhere but, unlike 3H time skip, 5 years, this one is shorter. That might explain why the look like an in-between phase

Nintendo will show 5 seconds of mp4 in the june direct and there will be a 500 replies thread here talking about how they dont like samus's hair in this

Damn migraine again today. At least I was able to finish Kena earlier but planned to start Life is Strange True Colors this evening. Oh well.

At least the backlog grind is doing good for me

The holy grail will be some kind of position fixing sub-system. A periodic pinging of a polarised signal from two antennas on different sides of the console could maybe provide sufficient information for the joy-con to determine the delta between its calculated position and its actual position.

This would be purely for internal use and wouldn't tie the player to a fixed neutral position. It also wouldn't require external equipment like a sensor bar or line of sight. It would also only be needed when the motion controls are in use so no need for any pinging during Picross.

Of course that's more tech to be crammed into the joy-con (and the tablet too) along with all the ensuing EMC concerns (I don't think battery would be a concern since the joy-con would only be receiving). Not heard anything mentioned that this is a thing they are working on.
I built a sensor-bar-less IR camera pointer system in college - I rigged up an eye tracking camera from the cognitive research lab I was working on to pick out the bright 4x3 square of infrared light that poured off the TV. Janky, as the IR emissions vary greatly by color, but in black and white it worked fine.

Not sure about wireless signal that has a tight enough attenuation that you could get granularity finer than the accelerometers - and by "not sure" I mean "way outside my area of expertise and would love to hear what is and isn't possible". I know there is some work on "fine grained, indoor gps" with bluetooth, but it looks like it's pretty poor, though perhaps the fact that people don't move that much while playing games represents a special case.

Anyone know how reliable the website price charting.com is? It's telling me that I have about $350 in a half dozen loose NES games at my parents house.

What’s your take on the socioeconomic ramifications of the currently high levels of inflation, and what - if any- measures should governments be implementing to curb this trend?
1) wah
2) steal Mario's Castle when he's in space

In regards to not having any romantic partners, its not always bad. I’ve always been somewhat good on my own and especially in the money department it’s pretty great because I decide for myself what to do with it.

On the other hand, it’s boring, not to share fun, warmth and more with someone else.

Can Pacific Northwest weather just be normal for five minutes? Holy shit. I'm driving back to my hotel from Tacoma and it just starts hailing like crazy. The road was an absolute nightmare. Thank god there was a rest stop close by because I kept sliding on ice and I was trying so hard to keep calm.

Can Pacific Northwest weather just be normal for five minutes? Holy shit. I'm driving back to my hotel from Tacoma and it just starts hailing like crazy. The road was an absolute nightmare. Thank god there was a rest stop close by because I kept sliding on ice and I was trying so hard to keep calm.
Misread this as Pacifica Northwest.

WAH
In regards to not having any romantic partners, its not always bad. I’ve always been somewhat good on my own and especially in the money department it’s pretty great because I decide for myself what to do with it.

On the other hand, it’s boring, not to share fun, warmth and more with someone else.
Real talk: I've been single for six years now, and the last couple of months is probably the first time I've seriously thought I might make an effort to change that. I stayed single because it was the right thing to do for myself for a long time, and because of a whole host of other reasons; it's the impending move that's making me rethink things for the first time in a while.

In my experience, if you're comfortable in your own company, and have a good support network of friends and or family, single life isn't so bad at all.

Misread this as Pacifica Northwest.
Casull or Chrysler?

WAH

Real talk: I've been single for six years now, and the last couple of months is probably the first time I've seriously thought I might make an effort to change that. I stayed single because it was the right thing to do for myself for a long time, and because of a whole host of other reasons; it's the impending move that's making me rethink things for the first time in a while.

In my experience, if you're comfortable in your own company, and have a good support network of friends and or family, single life isn't so bad at all.
Been single for eight years, do not have a good support network of friends and family, but I do have a Nintendo Switch™ and that goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom