• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 hours later, i think i'm finally understanding 13 Sentinels' story. It's like a an anime post-apocalyptic version of Butterfly Effect

When the time is right, I'm hoping to share some specific details about the upcoming Fire Emblem game. Recently I was able to learn a bit about the game's story, characters, visuals/graphics, gameplay, and scope of the maps.

I don't know if this game will be released late 2022 (October?) or early 2023 (February? March?). But I will repeat what I've said before: It sounds finished or nearly finished. To be honest, it should have released much sooner. Maybe they're sitting on it while they develop post-launch DLC?

I had a dream Mass Effect Trilogy released on Switch and I got a copy, woke up this morning excited to start it tonight then it hit me…….. : (

When the time is right, I'm hoping to share some specific details about the upcoming Fire Emblem game. Recently I was able to learn a bit about the game's story, characters, visuals/graphics, gameplay, and scope of the maps.

I don't know if this game will be released late 2022 (October?) or early 2023 (February? March?). But I will repeat what I've said before: It sounds finished or nearly finished. To be honest, it should have released much sooner. Maybe they're sitting on it while they develop post-launch DLC?

I imagine even if it's done it makes sense to give some space from both Three Hopes and Xenoblade 3.

I feel that Pokemon, Bayonetta, Rabbids, and Metroid Prime HD are enough for Q4. Perhaps there will be a new DK.:p
By the way, is Intelligent Systems developing both new game and remake?

Hmmm, I feel like it could definitely still hit this year. Three Hopes comes out just after the "E3" timeframe, so if they announced this around that time, there wouldn't be much overlap.

It could definitely be a solid game to fill out the back half of the year even further (especially with Zelda slipping to Spring).

Nonetheless, I'm hype as hell to see what direction they go in.

Scope of the maps has me intrigued. It's a very specific thing to talk about which make me think they are bigger than normal or there is some significant gameplay change being done to them.

Thanks as always Emily.

I would say, since the last time you spoke about it, that the line-up reshuffle (Zelda pushed to Spring 2023, Xenoblade moved to July) increases the odds of the game releasing this year.

Excited to hear more in the future.

Do you know if that Fire Emblem Remake is still happening?

Thanks as always Emily.

I would say, since the last time you spoke about it, that the line-up reshuffle (Zelda pushed to Spring 2023, Xenoblade moved to July) increases the odds of the game releasing this year.

Excited to hear more in the future.
Yeah the recent release schedule shuffle has me super intrigued.

With all of the shuffling, you can tell they still have a few more announcements coming for this year.

OOOH I'm exited! Thanks Emily!

I think most Fire Emblem fans would be interested in hearing about its characters.

If the lord is another avatar lol.

I think I’m one of the very few who will love to hear about the scope of the map lol.

The name of the characters will automatically tell us if it’s a remake or not lol

The real question is. Is there a Blue hair Lord?

By the way, these last couple of months have been amusing to me.

Eurogamer/NateDrake were criticized for reporting on Game Boy NSO.
Months later, the official Game Boy NSO emulators get leaked/stolen.

Bloomberg was criticized over their reporting of a more powerful Switch.
Months later, documents/information about a new Switch get stolen from Nvidia and leaked on the internet.

I don't buy this narrative about Nintendo being secure like a heavly-guarded fortress. If anything, it's become very easy for stuff to leak out from that company. In my opinion, they are just as bad with leaks as Ubisoft.

Three Hopes being a send-off for Fodlan and then moving onto a new game would be awesome. Although the latter half of this year is looking so juicy I can wait for 2023 for a new FE.

It started with this classic
272443-disney-s-donald-duck-goin-quackers-playstation-front-cover.png
I would like to personally disown my dyslexia and also the internet for leading me to read this as β€œβ€œcuck attack””

I think this is it for me, gang, I don’t know how I’ll recover from this one

By the way, these last couple of months have been amusing to me.

Eurogamer/NateDrake were criticized for reporting on Game Boy NSO.
Months later, the official Game Boy NSO emulators get leaked/stolen.

Bloomberg was criticized over their reporting of a more powerful Switch.
Months later, documents/information about a new Switch get stolen from Nvidia and leaked on the internet.

I don't buy this narrative about Nintendo being secure like a heavly-guarded fortress. If anything, it's become very easy for stuff to leak out from that company. In my opinion, they are just as bad with leaks as Ubisoft.
As soon as it involves external partners, it can't be a fortress.

The internal JP stuff is definitely more guarded. Even though we have news about NSO and the next Switch, it is through manufacturing sources or developpers. So we only get a partial picture.

It is not like with Xbox or Sony where the whole product strategy leaks beforehand.

Hey Fami, anyone have some recommendations on good, Nintendo-focused video essays? I need to spend the rest of the day doing as little as possible.

I love Mark Brown's Game Maker's Toolkit channel and a lot of his videos are on Nintendo games. Even if I don't always agree with him, I think his points are well argued. Most of his videos aren't that long but if you like, say his video on BotW, I suggest you check out his Boss Keys series.

I wanna play Fates and Shadows of Valentia in the near future, there's probably enough time to do so before the next FE drops

So, messing around with the signature feature is fun, albeit seemingly a bit ... messy, given my images constantly are being clinched.

I'm packing my belongings to get on a jet plane for the trans-Atlantic move tomorrow

a) I'm so glad Switch is so easy to move in my hand luggage
b) I hope my other personal and professional belongings make their journey OK
c) I'm gonna be super super emotional at some point

I'm packing my belongings to get on a jet plane for the trans-Atlantic move tomorrow

a) I'm so glad Switch is so easy to move in my hand luggage
b) I hope my other personal and professional belongings make their journey OK
c) I'm gonna be super super emotional at some point
Safe travels!

Would it though? I feel like Hyrule is a pretty basic setting, at least in respect to making a DnD campaign out of. But I suppose the bones are there for something interesting.
I think it can work. you just have to think outside of how Zelda is typically structured and look at its elements individually

I’m glad to hear Ash is a fellow famous-dad haver

Anyone else have any famous family members?
I can’t believe your dad is Gord Downie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom