• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega also did the same:

FM-IbewXsAIKNox.jpg

It keeps me awake at night Nintendo and Sega have never made a crossover with Monkey Ball and DK.
Yeah, at the least I expected DK and Diddy to be Nintendo exclusive guest characters in Banana Mania.

Well, maybe all of them, DK, Super Monkey Ball, Samba de Amigo, will make a cameo appearance in the recently announced Return to Monkey Island...

I concur completely! I've never played a Starfox game prior to Adventures on Gamecube, and while I enjoyed the Arwing levels it left a lot to be desired and I wish they were more fully fleshed out. I am a little torn on whether to keep the Zelda-dungeon style of Adventures or move to the Assault design; while I loved the multiplayer I was let down by the fact ten missions were all too quickly over. I genuinely enjoyed how fully fleshed out Dinosaur Planet was and I kinda want to dig out my 'cube to replay it just to take in the scenery haha.
I agree with you, I setup my GameCube before I came into work and plan on playing Adventures when I get out of work.

I shall not let you down.

I've actually heard stuff about the movie from friends at Universal, but I have literally no way or desire to find a way to verify it more than "my friends told me," and I am also NOT trying to live that insider life lmao
Not looking for any info with this, don't wanna get anyone in trouble of course, but from just what you've heard: shit or not shit?
lol just kidding
...or am I?

I just watched a two hour long musical play put on by 6th graders in a theater that was boiling hot and managed to survive, AMA

I really hope we will see Metroid Prime Remaster this year. Ive been waiting to replay this game since 2018 when the rumor about the Trilogy started

Wait, what? The Kremlings are a nod to the Cold War? That… literally never occurred to me before
you’re a white western studio in the early 90s and you name a key species of villain something one letter removed from Kremlin?

right after the USA and USSR threw in their towels instead of dragging us all into true nuclear winter and suddenly it felt less ominous to make light of?

if I am somehow wrong I would be legitimately shocked

I might have had a beer or three, and all I'm gonna say is keep being awesome, Fami.

Never thought I would end up being nearly as active in a forum as I have been over those last couple of months, and it is all thanks to you lot.

What if they rename them? Like the Kroclings?
I feel like that would feel weirder, y’know? And if it was coming out this year, it’s basically already done. And if not… they probably wouldn’t change it back either to be honest, because at that point the immediacy of that would have died down a little — good, bad, or indifferent when it comes to the tenuous domain of marketing and war.

obviously none of this is to make light of the horror and human tragedy of war and state violence. there’s just a fascinating calculus that goes on with marketing and real-world tragedy, from dancing around evocation to absurd reach-around back-patting. frankly it’s all gauche as fuck.

How was the choreography?
Surprisingly not bad! They did a pretty good job
you’re a white western studio in the early 90s and you name a key species of villain something one letter removed from Kremlin?

right after the USA and USSR threw in their towels instead of dragging us all into true nuclear winter and suddenly it felt less ominous to make light of?

Now that you say that, I could see it. I just somehow never made that connection

The Kremling talk lead to google them and I now know that the idea for the Kremlings were conceived for a cancelled Rare game called Jonny Blastoff and the Kremling Armada and then they were adapted for DKC. Interesting.

I really hope we will see Metroid Prime Remaster this year. Ive been waiting to replay this game since 2018 when the rumor about the Trilogy started
I ended up replaying the Wii version of Prime 1, back in November. Got tired of waiting, and still own a functioning Wii, so why not?

I too, am hoping we finally, finally see that Prime remaster this year, but I am, admittedly, skeptical of the Switch control scheme measuring up to that of the Wii version. Obviously gyro is a must, but the Wii controls are just perfect.

Important to note that the crocodilian people of the DK series aren't exactly collectively all called to be from a "Kremling" species... But K. Rool is the leader of the Kremling Krew;

If they ever wanted to avoid the word (which I don't think they would anyway... the implications aren't even there..), they could always come up with a plot that the Kremling Krew was long disbanded and K. Rool is now controlling a new group of baddies by a new name; No biggie..

If I were to restart my Arceus file between now and May 9, would I still be able to redownload the Mystery Gift clothing?

Finally learning why inventory limits are a thing in WRPGs.... The amount of data each item uses is crazy, can't imagine having hundreds of those in your inventory and it loading at any decent speed.

Catching up all of this Quantum TV/Elden Ring drama and man.....

This guy is insane....

Not sure how anybody missed the connection after Donkey Kong Country: Kold War

Finally learning why inventory limits are a thing in WRPGs.... The amount of data each item uses is crazy, can't imagine having hundreds of those in your inventory and it loading at any decent speed.
Imagine playing something like kotor and keeping a lot of junk items in your inventory because you can’t bring yourself to sell some of it.

The unlimited inventory was cool for that game but was a nightmare to sort

Important to note that the crocodilian people of the DK series aren't exactly collectively all called to be from a "Kremling" species... But K. Rool is the leader of the Kremling Krew;

If they ever wanted to avoid the word (which I don't think they would anyway... the implications aren't even there..), they could always come up with a plot that the Kremling Krew was long disbanded and K. Rool is now controlling a new group of baddies by a new name; No biggie..
K Rool and the KrocoViles

Fallout 3 was my first WRPG. I naively believed every container in the game world would remember all its contents, indefinitely. Chucked all of my excess baggage into a random footlocker, before starting up The Pitt DLC. I come back after clearing the DLC, horrified to discover all my items gone, including my Gauss Rifle. I felt like such an idiot 🥲

Fallout 3 was my first WRPG. I naively believed every container in the game world would remember all its contents, indefinitely. Chucked all of my excess baggage into a random footlocker, before starting up The Pitt DLC. I come back after clearing the DLC, horrified to discover all my items gone, including my Gauss Rifle. I felt like such an idiot 🥲
Thats why i always cheat on bethesda games, even if you hadnt tossed the items into a random footlocker the game would have glitched and deleted the items anyway.

Man no man's sky really feeds into my destructive side. So, there is this laser for you thr player find hidden stuff change the landscape and all.

And im abusing it. A lot. Just wrote some stuff on a mountain. Lovely.

Speaking about monkeys, why hasn't the superior sega monkey game been rereleased?
You'll think that Just Dance everlasting popularity will motivate Sega to at least remaster it, but nope
It'd be a good way to showcase the joycons, too.

Speaking about monkeys, why hasn't the superior sega monkey game been rereleased?
You'll think that Just Dance everlasting popularity will motivate Sega to at least remaster it, but nope
Sega Japan is a mess outside of making Yakuza/Puyo Puyo games, they are remastering most of their old IPs outsourcing them to third parties though so there is a chance.

@chocolate_supra one of my goals this year is to play some sonic games. I’ve only ever played the very first one on the genesis collection back on the ps3 days.

I have generations, unleashed and all star racing transformed on Xbox. And mania and force on PlayStation as they were free at one point or another. I know forces is considered to be one of the bad ones, but I like to give any game a fair shot. Plus, it was free, what’s the worst that could happen?

I’ve read some newer posts elsewhere that colors is in a better state and plays good now so I’ll get that when it’s on a good sale in the future

Hopefully that new game runs decent on switch

@chocolate_supra one of my goals this year is to play some sonic games. I’ve only ever played the very first one on the genesis collection back on the ps3 days.

I have generations, unleashed and all star racing transformed on Xbox. And mania and force on PlayStation as they were free at one point or another. I know forces is considered to be one of the bad ones, but I like to give any game a fair shot. Plus, it was free, what’s the worst that could happen?

I’ve read some newer posts elsewhere that colors is in a better state and plays good now so I’ll get that when it’s on a good sale in the future

Hopefully that new game runs decent on switch
Yesssssss 🤘😎
Generations is fun, being a love letter to the whole history. Unleashed got a bad rep back in the day for the Werehog stages but the Sonic stages are some of the best Modern-style stages Sega ever put together (imo). Mania's a great way to experience sort of a greatest-hits of the Genesis era, since you never played past S1.

As far as the Colors remaster, yes the outrageous, gnarly-looking glitches were patched out, but juuuuuuust fyi it's still 30fps on Switch, and 60fps on the others. I don't normally trip about that sort of thing but Sonic is one of the few games that I wouldn't blame someone for making a decision based on framerate. Because of teh fast

Not sure how anybody missed the connection after Donkey Kong Country: Kold War
I knew there was something fishy about Tropical Freeze!

seriously though, I know most of the DKC shit was just weird shit being weird, but… one of the bosses was literally an oil barrel…

I knew there was something fishy about Tropical Freeze!

seriously though, I know most of the DKC shit was just weird shit being weird, but… one of the bosses was literally an oil barrel…
Not trying to handwave away legit concerns about the possible connections (because yeah, "Kremlings" is too close to be a coincidence) but I'm preeetty sure the oil drum stuff in DKC was a reference to their presence in the first Donkey Kong game back in the 80s.
image-asset.gif

@chocolate_supra quote didn’t register for some reason so I had to edit the @ in

Don’t mind the 30 fps. Sonic games are ones I consider I rather play on switch regardless. If mania turns out great for me, I’ll rebuy it on switch. I just hope frontiers is stable in that regard

Generations I had gotten as a free games with gold game and I know it runs at 60 fps along with unleashed on the series x. Unleashed was super cheap not too long ago as well.

I do wish sega would have it in their minds to bring older sonic games to modern consoles. Colors and origins are the right ideas, they just need to use them more (and find better devs than the one who had colors turn out like it did initially)

Hopefully I can get through some of them. Backlog is a priority between now and fire emblem warriors, but I’ll try to squeeze in a sonic game or two

Now it's when I kill your hope :cry: : Yasuyuki Honne is the head of Monolith Kyoto which their only job at the moment has been supporting EPD titles and it seems like it's going to keep being like this.
pd: BUT they said in 2018 they were looking to expand the studio so they could make their own titles!

True true. I do not expect anything. I would just be glad with a remaster of the first two games. Especially since we didn't get Origins in Europe. I'm dying to play that game.
Supposedly he left Kyoto Studio.

Sega is a total mess right now. Still haven't figured out what to do with their franchises. Good thing that they give away their IP's for indies to work with. Forever Ent. could create a nice remake even a sequel for Samba de Amigo.

Supposedly he left Kyoto Studio.

Thanks for mentioning this I never knew about it, this is a big surprise not going to lie because I have always seen him mentioned in reference to Monolith Kyoto and in his twitter bio he mentions Monolith Soft being his daily job on his twitter bio so I have always assumed that he was still working there , this would explain though by he hasn't been creditted in any of Monolith Kyoto support work games. Now the question is what he has been working on for the last 5 years since Xenoblade 2 ? I wonder if he has been helping with XC3 or working on another Monolith project. He is still mentioned as director in Monolith page I wonder what team he manages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom