• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s the Mario Strikers info?

Is Daisy dead in that universe?

Does Wario still want to commit murder?

Is Waluigi gonna tell us to suck??

Why is Bom bom the goalkeeper?

Where does Mario Strikers take place in the Mario timeline??

I’m sure these are the questions every fan is asking. And we need trailers!!

Just saw Emily's update and I always appreciate the inside information. I genuinely can't wait to see the new FE game but I can't believe I'm saying this but I don't mind if it gets delayed early 2023 due to the sheer size of quality games coming out every month.

Honestly, I can safely say the Switch has easily surpassed the 3ds imo and it's still going strong.

The new office is on the northern edge of the city just north of I-285. From the research I did, everything within a 30~40 minute drive was either more than I wanted to pay, or it didn't look very appealing. It seems like most of the affordable stuff was a good hour drive each way. Everything I've seen and read about Atlanta traffic didn't excite me either.

I will say that Atlanta's property taxes are a heck of a lot cheaper than were I live (Chicago suburbs).
I'm east of atlanta by stone mountain. but we got in when our area was still considered "rural"

I think most Fire Emblem fans would be interested in hearing about its characters.

If the lord is another avatar lol.

I think I’m one of the very few who will love to hear about the scope of the map lol.
I'm right there with you, I want to know the gameplay and maps stuff too lol. I just hope we get the deets soon

Most of the time, EPD's internal projects don't leak. Splatoon 3 did not leak, neither Botw2 nor Switch Sports.
That's why I don't trust monkepd too much. This is clearly a situation where no one knows what EPD8 is doing at the moment, even the next 3D Mario is a closely guarded secret.

Look at the pattern on K. Rool's cape
SSBU_Crownerang.jpg

(it's obviously intentionally to be referencing the arcade game, but I thought it would be fun to bring up this detail I love lol)
Gotta say, the combination of the shape of the Wii balance board, the green light, and K. Rool's crown made me think he was using a keyblade lmao.

What if the scope of the maps are similar to FE4? They're MASSIVE and still the biggest maps in the FE series.
There’s more discussion to be had if there’s story or character details.

Scopes of maps is pretty much, wait and see type of stuff fans usually get excited for. Plus, it doesn’t matter the size of maps really. The biggest issue has been map objectives and maps being more active. Something Fire emblem has lacked for Three Houses.

Most of the time, EPD's internal projects don't leak. Splatoon 3 did not leak, neither Botw2 nor Switch Sports.
That's why I don't trust monkepd too much. This is clearly a situation where no one knows what EPD8 is doing at the moment, even the next 3D Mario is a closely guarded secret.
I think MonkEPD doesn't exist because it came from Zippo, who's a known fake, and DKVine, which has no track record. The only reason why the rumor caught traction is because we all believed in Zippo at the time. I hope that by some miracle the rumor is true, but I doubt it.

Just saw Emily's update and I always appreciate the inside information. I genuinely can't wait to see the new FE game but I can't believe I'm saying this but I don't mind if it gets delayed early 2023 due to the sheer size of quality games coming out every month.

Honestly, I can safely say the Switch has easily surpassed the 3ds imo and it's still going strong.
For me the 3DS was good but not as good as the DS, which I loved. And I love the Switch even more than the DS.

I think MonkEPD doesn't exist because it came from Zippo, who's a known fake, and DKVine, which has no track record. The only reason why the rumor caught traction is because we all believed in Zippo at the time. I hope that by some miracle the rumor is true, but I doubt it.
I don’t think the rumor began with them if I recall.

But I might be mis-remembering

Who is MonkEPD?

IIRC, DKVine started the rumor, Zippo just said "yeah this is legit" and we all freaked out. Then Nintendo Life reported on it and the rumor grew in popularity from there.

It never came from Zippo at all. They just piggybacked. DK Vine's own source was the one who told them about K. Rool being in Smash which was why we took monkEPD seriously in the first place.

It didn't;

DK Vine was talking openly about it months before the news broke on news sites (and usually referencing Zippo); But Hyle Russell from DK Vine says he doesn't have any updates on the matter for a long, long time;

It never came from Zippo at all. They just piggybacked. DK Vine's own source was the one who told them about K. Rool being in Smash which was why we took monkEPD seriously in the first place.
I clarified it a bit in the post above this one. I don't think one rumor coming true gives them a track record, that could easily be a lucky guess. Just from personal experience alone, I commented on a Banjo Kazooie meme back in 2019 "hinting" that he would come to Smash, I just had an extremely lucky guess but people took it as me having inside information so I played the game.

I know nothing of Warhammer 4K but I'm falling down the rabbithole of Luetin09 video's on youtube. The apocalypse of the far future has never tasted better.

Who wants some of my letftover Famiboards Gold? (see under my avatar or to the right if you're on mobile)

It ain't worth bunk and there's only 263 left (I gave 53 to Derachi) but after the Wario takeover debacle, it feels.... dirty. Just trying to clean my hands of it.

Maybe we could pass it around. You know. Just to have.

I clarified it a bit in the post above this one. I don't think one rumor coming true gives them a track record, that could easily be a lucky guess. Just from personal experience alone, I commented on a Banjo Kazooie meme back in 2019 "hinting" that he would come to Smash, I just had an extremely lucky guess but people took it as me having inside information so I played the game.
Correction on my part: it was the Tropical Freeze Switch port that was the tip off, not K. Rool in Smash. Which isn't that hard to guess lol.

Still, I trust Hyle wouldn't steer the fanbase the wrong way in this. He doesn't seem the type to really care about being a "leaker" or "insider" considering the amount of stress it caused him once the rumor broke out.

Who wants some of my letftover Famiboards Gold? (see under my avatar or to the right if you're on mobile)

It ain't worth bunk and there's only 263 left (I gave 53 to Derachi) but after the Wario takeover debacle, it feels.... dirty. Just trying to clean my hands of it.

Is this what the kids call crypto

may I have one (1) Famiboards Gold

my life savings, everything I had, invested into Famiboards Gold, and I got 53...

to the moon, baby!!!!!

I'll take one. I need a fun trinket.

13 gold please, for starting ST6 + ST7.

It would be strange if Nintendo devoted a substantial portion of their theme parks (in both Japan and Florida) to Donkey Kong (and a planned movie apparently), and then completely ignore the franchise on their gaming side. Granted these parks are not supposed to open until 2024, so their plans for Donkey Kong could take a moment to materialize.

Alright here's the pitch

Every Famiboards user is given like 10 gold when they sign up. Every mod warning takes a gold away, and a ban takes away as many gold as weeks the ban is set to last. But also every 100 Yeahs can be converted into a Gold. Also, you can buy gold using microtransactions.

This idea is genuinely terrible please completely disregard it

Is there a way I could somehow acquire negative Famiboards Gold?
Could I go into Famiboards Debt?
as a statement about.. like.. * gestures vaguely at everything *

I really hope the new FE game goes back to a one-route story with a non-avatar main character. I loved TH (Fates less so) but even TH had some pacing and characterization issues because of the split routes thing.

Just give me one good old fleshed out story again a la Path of Radiance please.

Is there a way I could somehow acquire negative Famiboards Gold?
Could I go into Famiboards Debt?
as a statement about.. like.. * gestures vaguely at everything *
I guess if you want to give another user a certain amount, I could deduct it from your already empty Famiboards Gold wallet.

Find another user and have them agree to the transaction and, sure, you can go into insurmountable debt

Please I want some

I’m in the market for up to 127 Famiboards Gold but I didn’t wanna be greedy

It would be strange if Nintendo devoted a substantial portion of their theme parks (in both Japan and Florida) to Donkey Kong (and a planned movie apparently), and then completely ignore the franchise on their gaming side. Granted these parks are not supposed to open until 2024, so their plans for Donkey Kong could take a moment to materialize.
Yeah, even if MonkEPD isn't a thing, something has to be happening behind the scenes. No way Nintendo is just twiddling their thumbs waiting.

Please I want some

I’m in the market for up to 127 Famiboards Gold but I didn’t wanna be greedy
127?? Jesus Christ, I'll say it: that's greedy.
But I'm not here to judge, I guess. I did make the offer...

Alright, thanks to.... certain members, I only have 68 Famiboards Gold left to pass out. Seems like this is going to go quick.

Remember, you can ask other users with more Famiboards Gold than I have (such as aforementioned certain members) and I can facilitate transactions between you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom