• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the art design for that game and its world is gorgeous

7PDcbY.jpg

It's always kind of a sad feeling to know that you will never be 15 years and play this game for the first time ever again.
Viridi is best god

Alfa Romeros? in japan?

I know it's not really related to Nintendo but, damn, this February it'll be 3 years since we last got a Telltale Traveller's Tales Lego game (and the last one wasn't exactly a 'typical' Lego game).

I hope Skywalker Saga is good, even if I honestly have very little attachment to said saga these days. Noooo way I'll be playing it on Switch, though. The games are good for the console but, no, not with those framerates lol
Speaking of T.Tales.....I was just playing The Wrath of Cortex during the holidays.....and i think its a good game.

Doom Slayer then Chief in Smash.
Crono/Glenn/Lucca, then Doom Slayer, then Chief in Smash.

how beautiful is this?

I would love a new 2D Mario that's modern pixel art. ❤️

Alfa Romeros? in japan?
European sports cars have a pretty strong following in Japan.

Huh??? New Initial D???
Sequel to Initial D. Sorta. New story, new people, takes place in an unspecified year in the future where the "new" 86 is now considered an aged underdog.

That's a bummer. Would've loved the remaster on Switch, plus there'd be the potential for crossplay
Completely agree. GoldenEye N64 coming to NSO does nothing to excite me. A remaster, however, I would rush out and buy with haste. Good thing I have a Series S!

Computer update:

I tried using the windows recovery USB drive I got from Amazon but it didn't even show up in the boot menu until I enabled legacy BIOs boot options. So I did that and booted from the drive.

It contained 3 different repair programs, the first one simply ran a script and said "your computer is repaired" but lo and behold it was not. Still not able to boot to Windows. It did let me access my hard drive though so that's nice, I can at least back my shit up.

The second and third programs looked way more useful and I tried to go through their various options but it kept telling me it wasn't able to do anything since it was booted from BIOS and not UEFI. But like I said above I am completely unable to boot from a USB drive using UEFI, I need to enable some manner of legacy BIOs support. So I'm at a complete loss, no idea how to boot this via UEFI.

Reminder that there is a $5 eShop card raffle ongoing in this thread, all you need to do is post a picture of food and some comments about why/when/what you cooked/ate/saw it.

So far only 5 people have entered this week's raffle.

I moved to Australia around 6 years ago and my wife was very curious about pumpkin pie. Pumpkin generally has a savory association here, pumpkin soup being the most familiar food, so a sweet pie was hard to imagine.

I asked for my mother's recipe, and much like most of the recipes on the internet, it relied on canned pumpkin. I tried once about 4-5 years ago using fresh butternut pumpkin and the final product ended up pretty tragic. It was edible, but nothing I'd want to serve guests.

I've since done quite a bit of cooking and baking, and decided to give it all another go. Roasted the pumpkin, pulverized the mixture in a Vitamix, and made my own crust. Ended up tasting phenomenal, and I'm pretty excited to make it every year from now on.

OFJ2NQi.jpg

Last edited:
how beautiful is this?

It's an enormous shame Nintendo so rarely do sprites any more, especially when something like Advance Wars is returning. I'm not in the camp that hates the 3D look, but I won't lie: I see Metal Slug Tactics and wish Nintendo would make an Advance Wars with new sprite visuals.
I think NSO would make a lot of sense. It'd increase the value of their subscription, which I think would be worth more to them than the 15-ish bucks they'd get from selling it on the eShop.
Yep, I think NSO Goldeneye 64 is on the cards. Nintendo have to add more value to that expansion pack to keep getting people on board. Be interesting to see if, after Banjo launches, there's any mention of which N64 game is on the cards for February...

@ILikeFeet @Ozzie @chocolate_supra

I've only seen a few episodes of Initial D from a spotty uploader on YouTube and loved it. Everytime I look it up to start watching proper, there's like five iterations of the same story and I'm very confused? In short, if any of y'all know, where do I begin to watch and where's the easiest place to watch?

It's an enormous shame Nintendo so rarely do sprites any more, especially when something like Advance Wars is returning. I'm not in the camp that hates the 3D look, but I won't lie: I see Metal Slug Tactics and wish Nintendo would make an Advance Wars with new sprite visuals.

Yep, I think NSO Goldeneye 64 is on the cards. Nintendo have to add more value to that expansion pack to keep getting people on board. Be interesting to see if, after Banjo launches, there's any mention of which N64 game is on the cards for February...
Obviously I hope the February game is something I look forward to, but if Nintendo at least guarantees the announcement for February's game in January, that will be my biggest secure reason to sub to the NSO expansion knowing that they're taking it seriously

NSO or not, Goldeneye will definitely be an edited version. We'll have Daniel Crap likeness instead of Pierce. I wish it had a widescreen option too. Such a huge bummer none of the N64 games on NSO are in widescreen. Should have been like Mario 64 on 3D All Stars.

I moved to Australia around 6 years ago and my wife was very curious about pumpkin pie. Pumpkin generally has a savory association here, pumpkin soup being the most familiar food, so a sweet pie was hard to imagine.

I asked for my mother's recipe, and much like most of the recipes on the internet, it relied on canned pumpkin. I tried once about 4-5 years ago using fresh butternut pumpkin and the final product ended up pretty tragic. It was edible, but nothing I'd want to serve guests.

I've since done quite a bit of cooking and baking, and decided to give it all another go. Roasted the pumpkin, pulverized the mixture in a Vitamix, and made my own crust. Ended up tasting phenomenal, and I'm pretty excited to make it every year from now on.

OFJ2NQi.jpg
Oh man that looks fantastic. From scratch pumpkin filling is really tough, my wife did that once. We decided canned pumpkin is so much easier that the convenience outweighs the increased quality.
CRAIG

just remembered his name is daniel craig

I doubted it was crap
Trust your gut

@ILikeFeet @Ozzie @chocolate_supra

I've only seen a few episodes of Initial D from a spotty uploader on YouTube and loved it. Everytime I look it up to start watching proper, there's like five iterations of the same story and I'm very confused? In short, if any of y'all know, where do I begin to watch and where's the easiest place to watch?
There's basically six seasons, one of which is a movie.
  • First Stage
  • Second Stage
  • Third Stage (the movie)
  • Fourth Stage
  • Fifth Stage
  • Final Stage
is the main continuity. There are Extra Stages (which are side stories), Battle Stages (which are compilations of just the races), and Initial D Legends (which are modern, reanimated theatrical retellings of the early seasons that cut out most of the story in order to fit them in).

So basically, the numbered Stages are the ones you'll probably want to look into, in their numerical order, if you want to watch the full, original series. And the first couple seasons can look kinda rough animation-wise, but the movie picks it up, Fourth Stage really picks it up, then Fifth and Final just sail.

There's basically six seasons, one of which is a movie.
  • First Stage
  • Second Stage
  • Third Stage (the movie)
  • Fourth Stage
  • Fifth Stage
  • Final Stage
is the main continuity. There are Extra Stages (which are side stories), Battle Stages (which are compilations of just the races), and Initial D Legends (which are modern, reanimated theatrical retellings of the early seasons that cut out most of the story in order to fit them in).

So basically, the numbered Stages are the ones you'll probably want to look into, in their numerical order, if you want to watch the full, original series. And the first couple seasons can look kinda rough animation-wise, but the movie picks it up, Fourth Stage really picks it up, then Fifth and Final just sail.
This is the kind of answer I wanted when Google constantly failed me 😂 Thank you kindly! Now I just need to find out where to watch, but at least I know what the order is haha

This is the kind of answer I wanted when Google constantly failed me 😂 Thank you kindly! Now I just need to find out where to watch, but at least I know what the order is haha
Yeah I put on ye olde scurvy hat to watch them, like a long time ago. I wouldn't even know where to find them officially now. Plus one of the companies that bought the series for western distribution tried to "localize" it for the F&F types, changing the names and even the absolutely legendary soundtrack. So even if you found it on a service, I'm not sure if it'd be the proper Japanese version with subs or if it'd be the butchered dub. 🤷‍♂️

Not on this forum but how is it in the year twenty twenty two people still think Microsoft owns the Kremlings/K. Rool

Because people think that if you make something, you own it which of course is not true. In most cases, if another party is paying you to do work, that party owns whatever you create with their money. You can negotiate partial or full ownership in a contract but those are usually exceptions.

Because people think that if you make something, you own it which of course is not true. In most cases, if another party is paying you to do work, that party owns whatever you create with their money. You can negotiate partial or full ownership in a contract but those are usually exceptions.

Tell that to this man

1a0822952c4258ee7600cf5c4bd71f50.png

Square should make and publish their own Geno game starring Tom Hardy.

The sequel will be called Geno: Let There Be Mallow

It's been stated many times, but it's really fucking strange that Square managed to retain the rights to basically all of Mario RPG's original content, especially you when consider how Nintendo was able to retain the rights to Rare's Donkey Kong (and Star Fox/Dinosaur Planet) characters after the Microsoft buyout.

It's also pretty wild considering how much of Square Enix's series have quite a lot of legal hurdles around them: Sugiyama used to own fully own DQ's music, Chrono Trigger has lots of legal red tape with other companies like Bird Studio, Shueisha, and Armor Project involved, Kingdom Hearts is literally owned by Disney (outside of the established Final Fantasy characters, of course), and even Final Fantasy 7 has some particular hangups, going by what Sakurai said in Sephiroth's presentation.

Meanwhile they somehow retained the rights to Geno and the other Mario RPG stuff.

Oh man that looks fantastic. From scratch pumpkin filling is really tough, my wife did that once. We decided canned pumpkin is so much easier that the convenience outweighs the increased quality.

Thanks! :)

It really wasn't that hard in the end as long as you have a great blender (e.g. Vitamix). I don't actually have a very strong memory of what it tastes like when using canned pumpkin, so no idea if it's worth the effort going fresh.

While I understand a lot of folks wanting more from Pokémon, I personally find it somewhat refreshing to see them at least doing something different and adventurous with Legends Arceus. For all that it still leaves room for improvement, it does take some significant steps forward.

The series is not my cup of tea personally, but this is definitely the most it has piqued my interest. I hope fans of the series find enjoyment in it.

Man, this is what I always dreamed a Pokemon game to be. Ever since I got my Yellow game when I was 8.

This is how I felt it was when playing back in the day as well lol.

This is how I feel.
While I understand a lot of folks wanting more from Pokémon, I personally find it somewhat refreshing to see them at least doing something different and adventurous with Legends Arceus. For all that it still leaves room for improvement, it does take some significant steps forward.

The series is not my cup of tea personally, but this is definitely the most it has piqued my interest. I hope fans of the series find enjoyment in it.

@Raccoon is only calling him Daniel Crap because he's not old enough yet to call him Daniel Shit.
This reminds me raccoons only live 2-3 years. 😢
Chunky Kong is actually a greatly designed character and I wish he'd become a DK series staple. No, I will not elaborate on this any further, so don't @ me.
Replying to this because it's correct! Nothing can refute it.

Absolutely nothing.

I'm on the fence about Legends Arceus. On one hand, I am very excited to see what Legends Arceus does differently, and I don't want to miss out on what it does well, but on the other hand, I'm just about to capture Dialga at the Spear Pillar in Brilliant Diamond, and holy heck, this game is a slog. I remember why I stopped playing Pokemon after Gen 6. I'm gonna be all Pokemoned out after finishing BD. Lol

I honestly might just watch a streamer friend play it, haha!

It's been stated many times, but it's really fucking strange that Square managed to retain the rights to basically all of Mario RPG's original content, especially you when consider how Nintendo was able to retain the rights to Rare's Donkey Kong (and Star Fox/Dinosaur Planet) characters after the Microsoft buyout.

It's also pretty wild considering how much of Square Enix's series have quite a lot of legal hurdles around them: Sugiyama used to own fully own DQ's music, Chrono Trigger has lots of legal red tape with other companies like Bird Studio, Shueisha, and Armor Project involved, Kingdom Hearts is literally owned by Disney (outside of the established Final Fantasy characters, of course), and even Final Fantasy 7 has some particular hangups, going by what Sakurai said in Sephiroth's presentation.

Meanwhile they somehow retained the rights to Geno and the other Mario RPG stuff.
probably has to do with the power the developers had at the times. Square was quite well off and able to dictate some things, Rare was more beholden. granted, it's not like the Mario RPG stuff has that much value

Didn't Rare retain the rights to most of their original characters in Diddy Kong Racing though? Not only Banjo and Conker, but Timber, Tricky, etc. But not Diddy. Not the exact situation, but... Geno wasn't a Mario brand coded character either.

Was gone for a bit and I have a lot of thoughts on the last 30 pages:

Hot take:

NSMB2 is good actually

Hotter take: They all are actually good. Just over saturated by the end of their releases (and not really considering it was only 4 games over a 6/7 year span)
This NSMB praise pleases my soul.

Here's a fun thing!

Video game analyst Serkan Toto of Kantan Games tells Gamesindustry.biz that, and I quote:
While a new Mario Kart being in active development is about as obvious as the sky being blue, it’s just nice to have some Assurance™ that the game seems to be coming sooner rather than later, especially considering Tour seems to have eaten up a lot of manpower and is still getting consistent content updates over 2 years after launch.

Not my picture but this happened to my brother's 3DS while I was using it. Well, I guess I did this to my brother's 3DS.

qfkp6fzyxmf5hzta0wqc.jpg

nidento pls
This happened to me too. My circle pad started feeling weird almost immediately after playing Smash for the first time, then just a few months later it fell off.

Unrelated but the possibility of Kirby getting a release date within just a couple of weeks is every exciting, and a Direct just a few weeks after that even more so. Real life has been kinda meh lately, but Nintendo’s potential offerings for the near future fill me with joy.

Didn't Rare retain the rights to most of their original characters in Diddy Kong Racing though? Not only Banjo and Conker, but Timber, Tricky, etc. But not Diddy. Not the exact situation, but... Geno wasn't a Mario brand coded character either.

Diddy Kong Racing is a weird case in that the game was published by Rare themselves and thus nearly all of the DKR characters always fully belonged to them, even before the buyout. The only ones that were Nintendo owned were Diddy, Krunch, and even Banjo (prior to 2002, that is).

Really the truth about Diddy Kong Racing is that it didn't even start off as DK spinoff, it was originally supposed to be a revival of one of Rare's older games, R.C Pro-Am. All of this is pretty much the whole reason Rare retained the rights to everything DKR related, with the sole exceptions of Diddy, Krunch and the "Diddy Kong Racing" brand name. Dixie and Tiny too if you're counting the DS remake.

DK Vine made a good article about it, read all about it here:

Last edited:
Diddy Kong Racing is a weird case in that the game was published by Rare themselves and thus nearly all of the DKR OCs always fully belonged to them, even before the buyout. The only ones that were Nintendo owned were Diddy, Krunch, and even Banjo (prior to 2002, that is).

Really the truth about Diddy Kong Racing is that it didn't even start off as DK spinoff, it was originally supposed to be a revival of one of Rare's older games, R.C Pro-Am. All of this is pretty much the whole reason Rare retained the rights to everything DKR related, with the sole exceptions of Diddy, Krunch and the "Diddy Kong Racing" brand name. Dixie and Tiny too if you're counting the DS remake.

DK Vine made a good article about it, read all about it here:

That article is really cool! I knew bits of the story, such as the Pro Am bit, but the article lays the facts out pretty well.

So Tricky's Nintendo's lol.

Anyways, divorce leads children to the worst places.

I'm on the fence about Legends Arceus. On one hand, I am very excited to see what Legends Arceus does differently, and I don't want to miss out on what it does well, but on the other hand, I'm just about to capture Dialga at the Spear Pillar in Brilliant Diamond, and holy heck, this game is a slog. I remember why I stopped playing Pokemon after Gen 6. I'm gonna be all Pokemoned out after finishing BD. Lol
See, for me it's that I'm not sure I'll actually enjoy the gameplay loop of Arceus. This fast paced action isn't for me, I don't think.
Might just go back and hit up Hoenn.

Meanwhile, 500 hours hit in Super Mega Baseball 3.

I believe it is NSO -- plus N64 controller for that sweet nostalgia. I just don't have 100% confirmation... more like 90%. Just know Nintendo has plans for GoldenEye as a 100% thing.
I'd wager it’s certainly going to be the N64 version on NSO. We're reacting and speculating on this now, but they've been putting their pieces on the board for months. They developed an N64 emulator for Switch and launched the N64 library 3 months ago. Online (and local) multiplayer are built-in and they sell replica controllers. If they've reached an agreement with the other GoldenEye rights-holders, the least surprising (and most Nintendo) move would be for that title to be on the newly-launched N64 service. I'd bet all the engineering work is done. All that's left to do is restock the controllers and add the ROM.

The idea of a remake on Switch doesn't make a ton of sense to me. If they sell the remake separately, it makes NSO look even worse (Please pay $50 for this N64 library that still doesn't have GoldenEye). If they include the remake with the subscription, that would be awesome - But I bet most of their customers that would care about GoldenEye would be fine with the N64 ROM and would probably pay for NSO expansion pass to replay it. So why invest in a new port if they already have something people want?

The only other thing I could see happening is an online-only multiplayer thing for Bond 60 (like Mario 35). But I'd expect a free-to-play game where you play as Daniel Craig for free but can buy low-poly GoldenEye characters or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom