• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's painful to think of "dream games" when I know that there's absolutely no chance of either happening in any capacity whatsoever (Sin & Punishment 3 and Panzer Dragoon Saga 2).
I do think Sin & Punishmemt 3's best chance might be with the first two -- already made and presumably not considered particularly commercially viable -- included as a Trilogy pack.
Not that this is much of a chance, but at least it's a chance, alright?
Anyone get the impression Saki was considered for a fighter in Brawl given how fleshed out his Assist Trophy seemed already?

Jesus the improvements in that legends trailer are so good they give me hope for an age of calamity performance patch 😂

on dream games, who's gonna make the "would you buy eternal darkness?" thread?

that's really important market research for nintendo. i don't think they think the answer is yes.
So what you're saying is, we can game this to our own advantage.
So ... would y'all buy Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requim remaster/make, along with a followup Eternal Darkness which is expertly written and designed and also gives Alexandra Roivas a new easily-iconic wardrobe for her soon coming into the fray of Super Smash Bros.?
There is a correct answer, by the way.
This thread grows ever more tempting.

how beautiful is this?

That is, indeed, rather shiny.

Gives me a Mario meets Braid vibe. I would love some more unique art styles for 2D Mario games. The Impressionist background of that one word in NSMBU would be a good foundation for a new game, but characters would need to be fully sprite based for this to work.
Yeah, I really liked the look of that world. It truly is a shame an entry more attuned to styles like that is unlikely.
It's an enormous shame Nintendo so rarely do sprites any more, especially when something like Advance Wars is returning. I'm not in the camp that hates the 3D look, but I won't lie: I see Metal Slug Tactics and wish Nintendo would make an Advance Wars with new sprite visuals.
I say it often enough, but I'm not big on the trend of replacing pixel art, in general, as seems to happen more these days. And it's most unfortunate spritework has fallen out of favor.

NSO or not, Goldeneye will definitely be an edited version. We'll have Daniel Crap likeness instead of Pierce. I wish it had a widescreen option too. Such a huge bummer none of the N64 games on NSO are in widescreen. Should have been like Mario 64 on 3D All Stars.
"Daniel Crap".
Hard to call him crap when he's got better movies than Pierce, IMO.

Playing Kid Icarus Uprising again because of that thread and the game has some of the best skies.
Just imagine those glorious skies when the game is brought to Switch.

I don't want to alarm anyone but YouTube pushed a video from a channel called Blue Shell. I didn't click, but the thumbnail promises reports of Nintendo's entire year leaking including:

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Secrets with boxart showing toy Link.

Metroid Prime

Donkey Kong Odyssey

Pokémon Let's Go Pichu

Is this channel credible? I'd have assumed this would be more discussed if there was anything to it.
Fake. I know because that's not what they're calling the Oracle Trilogy pack, and, while they're using the Link's Awakening assets as a basis, the art style is seeing some tweaks.

I think that probably diverts attention away from the real news here, that Nintendo is adding more franchises to the Odyssey line; my work here is done

Not on this forum but how is it in the year twenty twenty two people still think Microsoft owns the Kremlings/K. Rool
Heh. That's pretty great, actually.

I'm sorry if this is callous or ignorant, but backlogs are fucking stupid and childish. Just play Pikmin 3 Deluxe over and over again until you die

I didn't buy it because I was petty about it being a Wii U port that was 720p on TV. I'd probably love the game and just missed the boat. Fight me rodent.

Edit: also #TeamJanuary for life

@NateDrake to get the question out of the way, what do you think are the chances of Nintendo foregoing a June/E3 Direct if the ESA doesn't hold an event at all? If I'm not mistaken, Directs take months of work to make so if they aren't doing one they're probably shifting around announcements to better timeframes and such. As an example, I always thought Breath of the Wild 2 was going to reappear again at E3 2022 (I think you said you expected that too, correct me if I'm wrong) and get that final marketing cycle going like from E3 2016 onwards, up until release. That or BOTW2 appears in the Spring/Fall Direct, with a longer or shorter marketing cycle for it.

Even if E3 doesn’t happen, I hope we at least still get Treehouse Live broadcasts this year. I was quite disappointed when only 1 or 2 happened in 2020.

Man these Eastward save point messages are weird and kinda unnerving.

• "You place things in the fridge in hopes that they'll stay good forever. But the next time you open the fridge, they may have already gone bad" . Seems fine until you realize save points are fridges in this game.
  • "You can save your memories in this fridge, but if you take it out will you still be you?"
  • "It took us so much effort to figure out a way to save our memories"
  • "Those secrets you keep ought to thank you. Secrets are only secrets because you know them"
  • "There are even more... colors in your memories than before. You must have gone through quite a lot" John nearly died and got kicked out of his home before this save point.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but there's no way these save point messages are irrelevant. They're gonna be important later.

Even if E3 doesn’t happen, I hope we at least still get Treehouse Live broadcasts this year. I was quite disappointed when only 1 or 2 happened in 2020.
They should really be a part of every Nintendo direct. Why not do an instant preview of those games post announcement? Doesn’t have to be all of them and can use it as a good marketing platform for things like DLC, updates, and shadow drops to get people to buy into those games immediately. Lots of options (just would have to worry about the unhinged internet mobs if they show off another Bakugan).

I don't see how E3 happening or not might affect Nintendo's schedule.

My gut says Nintendo still does a show in June. Branding will different obviously but hopefully the show goes on in some way.

Probably a longshot but Geoff might try to get Nintendo on board with Summer Game Fest

My gut says Nintendo still does a show in June. Branding will different obviously but hopefully the show goes on in some way.

Probably a longshot but Geoff might try to get Nintendo on board with Summer Game Fest
If it is any time in the summer, Geoff will just retweet it to frame it as part of his Summer of Gaming (I like Geoff, but he was really implying everything was under his umbrella last year).

Man these Eastward save point messages are weird and kinda unnerving.

• "You place things in the fridge in hopes that they'll stay good forever. But the next time you open the fridge, they may have already gone bad" . Seems fine until you realize save points are fridges in this game.
  • "You can save your memories in this fridge, but if you take it out will you still be you?"
  • "It took us so much effort to figure out a way to save our memories"
  • "Those secrets you keep ought to thank you. Secrets are only secrets because you know them"
  • "There are even more... colors in your memories than before. You must have gone through quite a lot" John nearly died and got kicked out of his home before this save point.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but there's no way these save point messages are irrelevant. They're gonna be important later.

There's a board game at the end where you have to remember all of them or you get thrown into the lava

@NateDrake to get the question out of the way, what do you think are the chances of Nintendo foregoing a June/E3 Direct if the ESA doesn't hold an event at all? If I'm not mistaken, Directs take months of work to make so if they aren't doing one they're probably shifting around announcements to better timeframes and such. As an example, I always thought Breath of the Wild 2 was going to reappear again at E3 2022 (I think you said you expected that too, correct me if I'm wrong) and get that final marketing cycle going like from E3 2016 onwards, up until release. That or BOTW2 appears in the Spring/Fall Direct, with a longer or shorter marketing cycle for it.
Low.

While Nintendo has partnered with the ESA in the past for E3 festivities, one also has to keep in mind that, technically, the Direct wasn't part of E3. No reason for Nintendo to omit their traditional June Direct. The timing works for them and they'll continue to work that slot.

the only immediate impact that the death of E3 will have on the June Direct is the sort of minute difference that we care about here

they could move it up or down a week if they want

Oooooh on the latest Triple Click podcast Jason Schreier predicted we'd see TP+WW HD and Oracle Seasons/Ages coming to Switch this year! He said it was "kind of based on rumors and a tiny bit of inside info, but not something substantial", but (and I stress before someone blows this out of proportion haha) the entire "game" of their predictions podcast is that they are baseless fun predictions that they are making a bet over. So, I share this not to ring the alarms but just to imagine a world where we got.... 5 Zeldas releasing total?! in addition to the craziness that this year already is...

I imagine the rumor/inside info piece is strictly what we've heard on TP + WW, and then conjecture on Grezzo job listings.

Imo, I'd say that's a pretty safe bet for 2022 + 2023, but not all this year.

All I ask is that Nintendo give us a little heads up as to when their summer plans are so I can schedule my day off accordingly with work.

I have taken off every E3 for Nintendo since I entered the work force 14 years ago. Traditions must remain in tact!

Now that E3 is dead Nintendo should expand Treehouse Live to encompass all three General Directs. Can you imagine having a Treehouse Live segment on games like Triangle Strategy and 13 Sentinels after the Spring Direct, it would do great in getting more eyes on those games just before release.

the only immediate impact that the death of E3 will have on the June Direct is the sort of minute difference that we care about here

they could move it up or down a week if they want
616.jpg

The fact we ain't even talking about the new Donkey Kong game that's obviously due.
I have my faith in DK Vine's sources, but it's a bit concerning Emily hasn't heard anything about it.

I believe Hyle of DK Vine said development started in 2017/2018 which is probably more than enough time, but considering COVID and this might be an entirely different kind of DK game, development is probably taking longer than expected. I'm afraid we might not see it til 2023.

There have been more MvDK games than there have been Country games. I know they are cheaper to make, but, come on, give me a break Nintendo lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom