• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've added all updates, an attempt at a complete summary, and all of the videos to the reserved post at the beginning of the thread!

Consider this a final final update for making it to page 90!

fedex sucks but did you know

OJg1ckL.jpg
I remember a kid turning around in school asking me where the arrow was and her face falling when I pointed it instantly because I had just learned about it the day before.

FedEx sucks but I’m glad that most of you aren’t subjected to the kind of shit FedEx and UPS pull in Canada

someone can send you something you have no idea about and then it’ll get held hostage for $100 in “brokerage fees,” and if you pay them, they’ll leave a note outside your apartment building saying they tried to deliver it (but didn’t even knock on the door or use the buzzer code) and the only place you can pick it up is on the entire other side of the city, where you live without a car, and you have two days before they send it back

3rchLRJ.gif

If you want to be absolutely ripped off, Canada is the place to be!

(Also I didn't realize you were in Canada!)

I am also going to stop trying to develop a messy messy card game for the next thread, unless I get really bored between now and then. I'll keep it (relatively) normal!

I will be using that time instead to work on Grögol Bonanza.

Thank you all for joining me in this journey! It's been wild!

3rchLRJ.gif

If you want to be absolutely ripped off, Canada is the place to be!

(Also I didn't realize you were in Canada!)
if my accent didn't give me away, my grocery bill sure would

*idk if this is true, my accent is fucked up sillystyle from myriad influence and multi-immigration

Wow

I felt horrible this morning.

But I took something that affected one thing and now everything else isn't as bad anymore physically.

I guess the stress from that one thing was affecting me physically.

Hey what's a good source of feel good news articles that give some semblance of hope for this godforsaken planet.

My friends in a Discord server are talking politics (American and Canadian) and international affairs, so I'm rightfully heated but my heartrate is like 135 while I'm sitting in a chair. While my mental health is quite low, I'd rather not die from a stress-induced heart attack before 35.

Can't even make a dumb joke because that'll probably just warrant a welfare check than any laughter.

Hey what's a good source of feel good news articles that give some semblance of hope for this godforsaken planet.

My friends in a Discord server are talking politics (American and Canadian) and international affairs, so I'm rightfully heated but my heartrate is like 135 while I'm sitting in a chair. While my mental health is quite low, I'd rather not die from a stress-induced heart attack before 35.

Can't even make a dumb joke because that'll probably just warrant a welfare check than any laughter.
I usually check the r/upliftingnews subreddit 👀

let's end things on a weird note

for those who haven't been following along as I write music for my game...

this is an alternate version of this track:

Wow

I felt horrible this morning.

But I took something that affected one thing and now everything else isn't as bad anymore physically.

I guess the stress from that one thing was affecting me physically.
Ok, now tell us how to decrypt.

Interesting to me that some people can’t seem to tell the difference between a BotW style open world and a Witcher III style open world

I’ve had sinus headache four days this week, I’m starting to wonder what trigger these things.

Also, hearing crash team rumble ending development when I just bought the game two weeks ago, Ugh. That’s what I get when I try to find a decent online game to play.

I’ve had sinus headache four days this week, I’m starting to wonder what trigger these things.

Also, hearing crash team rumble ending development when I just bought the game two weeks ago, Ugh. That’s what I get when I try to find a decent online game to play.
I used to get sinus headaches a lot when I was younger, and for whatever reason they stopped at some point. I do still get them sometimes but it's far more rare than it used to happen. Hope you feel better soon.

let's end things on a weird note

for those who haven't been following along as I write music for my game...

this is an alternate version of this track:

This is cool! Wish I could ever finish tracks I'm working on 😂

Gotta repeat what Irene said yesterday, but in these last hours thanks for the ST @Suswave. The involvement you had on it was admirable, and it truly is one of the all-timers STs in the history of this website. Wish we could give you the Famiboards Medal of Honor or something.

Gotta repeat what Irene said yesterday, but in these last hours thanks for the ST @Suswave. The involvement you had on it was admirable, and it truly is one of the all-timers STs in the history of this website. Wish we could give you the Famiboards Medal of Honor or something.
You absolutely could (and IMO should) give them a custom badge...

In other news, after this post I will be at 98 posts in this thread. It's safe to say I will hit 100.

I don't know the last time I made 100 posts in a Gen Disc thread, or indeed if it's ever happened on Fami (it definitely did a few times on Era - I think I might have even got the highest post count in one the threads, which is very wild to think about). I can't check all 28 previous STs right now as I'm "working", but once I get home I will.

Anyway, this goes to show how much fun I was having with @Suswave's game 😀

Rebirth finished installing but I'll probably wait till tomorrow to start. I would hate starting the game, only play for an hour, and then have to turn it out off and go to bed.

Meanwhile I managed a top 5 finish in posters in this thread without engaging with the game at all, just generally discussing Nintendo, as one does.

I haven't been around for a couple days (yay real life being hectic) but thank you again @Suswave for the excellent ST and game this month! You did an incredible amount of work and this was one of the most memorable experiences on this site in recent memory.

Looking forward to @Raccoon 's turn at the wheel!

Finally some good news!

Holy hell! This is excellent news.

how do y’all feel about card games
glances at wall of board and card games

You have my attention

Embracer seems to collapse somehow, Saber Interactive plans to leave Embracer to be privately owned, and Jason Schreier implies something is going on with Gearbox too.
I don't think there's much to imply about Gearbox. It's been known for a while that Embracer wants to sell off Gearbox:

In other news, after this post I will be at 98 posts in this thread. It's safe to say I will hit 100.

I don't know the last time I made 100 posts in a Gen Disc thread, or indeed if it's ever happened on Fami (it definitely did a few times on Era - I think I might have even got the highest post count in one the threads, which is very wild to think about). I can't check all 28 previous STs right now as I'm "working", but once I get home I will.

Anyway, this goes to show how much fun I was having with @Suswave's game 😀
Big same. I don't think I've ever hit 100 before.

You absolutely could (and IMO should) give them a custom badge...
it would be an honor 🥺

but only if it’s not an inconvenience!

believe it or not I don’t like being an inconvenience!

Ever since it came out I keep thinking of Faxanadu. A reimagining of that game would make my heart melt 🥰

I'm pretty sure I've said it twice already but I just want to thank @Suswave again for this absolutely fantastic ST before I take a nap and then descend into FFVII Rebirth for the weekend.

I still have "In the Arms of the Bingle" stuck in my head and was singing it to myself while making breakfast today

nothing like getting hit by that 10% chance of a special defense drop that ruins the whole raid :v

Also, it's officially march here: Happy 1st March! Thanks for the fantastic ST @Suswave! Hope you had fun. Let the @Raccoon chaos take over.

looking at all the games in my backlog before ff7 rebirth came out:
giphy.gif

looking at all the games in my backlog after ff7 rebirth came out:
giphy.gif

looking at all the games in my backlog after i complete ff7 rebirth:
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom