• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? β€” Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Suswave awesome work organizing and running this beautiful & bizarre thread and creating so much original stuff for it. i didn't follow it all as closely these last two weeks but it is seriously admirable to put so much attention and effort (and, i'd wager, LOVE) into something like this for a relatively small group. genuinely heartening & inspiring
and a shoutout to everyone who participated as well

nah i’m inventing something

although I’ve never played balatro

i shouldn’t do this I should just be normal I should not be programming and sketching I should be so normal I should
Screw normalcy! Embrace creativity!!

Assuming you feel like you can reasonably work on it, of course.

I feel like this might be a conflict of interest lol. Besides, I need people to play Arzette first!

(Folks can go to arzette.com, links to all versions of the game are there lol) Thanks for the support!
true but like

the majesty

important: if the thread ends on this page I will simply die of misery. let’s get at least to 89.

it’s not a vanity thing it’s a β€œfuck nazis” thing

q1FEneK.jpg

I was supposed to use this for a GAMBIT but I forgot about it. I guess it also works as a celebratory picture. So here you go, Link in TWO OF THE KINGDOM

Hmm. I should try that out! I can't just put these on my cap, though...

???: Hey! Did you said something about badges?

Volcanic: ...did anyone else hear that?

* Out of Volcanic's cap pops out a little caterpillar - the splitting image of Prince Florian. We'll call him that for now! The little prince crawls on top of the cap.

Volcanic: Huh? I don't remember seeing you around here before. Or feeling something in my cap when I put it on this morning. How long have you been here?

SMBW_Icon_Florian_Badgeless.png

Florian: Don't worry-I just arrived! I heard that some special badges were being given out, so I decided to tag along!

Volcanic: How convenient! So, I just got four badges...do you know what they do?

SMBW_Icon_Florian_Badgeless.png

Florian: I've never seen these before, but their round shape looks like Action Badges. I'll try them on, and we can see what happens!

Volcanic: Works for me! Let's try on...this one first.

* Volcanic hands Florian the AI Survivor badge. The badge is placed onto Florian's crown, causing it to bloom.

Badge-AI-Survivor.png

[AI Survivor]
Form a shield that protects you for one hit while crouching or crawling. The shield needs time to refresh after breaking, though, and it can't block extremely strong hits like crushing!

Volcanic: That's funny - something that protects you from chaos instead of encouraging it. I wonder how Road Meat is doing...hopefully well. How about the next badge?

Badge-Winning-by-the-BOOKS.png

[Winning by the BOOKS]
Stick onto a wall you jump against for a few seconds before sliding down.

Volcanic: With this, I could take a moment to access any situation before jumping in. That could come in handy! Next up!

Badge-Pillar-of-BOOKS.png

[Pillar of BOOKS]
Perform a Spin Jump or Midair Spin to reflect damage and projectiles. Land to refresh.

Volcanic: I could use this one in some pretty hectic situations! Let's hope I don't have to break it out any time soon, we've had enough fighting as it is. I have one more badge to try. Florian, would you do the honors?

Badge-Empathy-Blaster.png

[Empathy Blaster]
A mysterious power...what does this do?

* As soon as Florian put the badge on, a warm sensation washed over Volcanic. He became more aware of the wind around him. He took a moment to feel how it touched his skin and flowed through his hair.

* EMPATHY had energy. Volcanic though that, surely, said energy was within him and around him.

SMBW_Icon_Florian_Action_Badge.png

Florian: So, how is it?

Volcanic: It feels like...a friend watching over me. This is nice.

SMBW_Icon_Florian_Action_Badge.png

Florian: Wonderful! I'd like to stick around, if you don't mind. There's new things happening around here all the time, and you could learn more about that badge!

β€ŠVolcanic: Hey, sure, why not? Let's see where the wind takes us!

Mario-Florian-Empathy-Blaster.png
I hope some Fami historian someday confirms that this one thread was the one that spawned the most photoshopped shitposts ("most" both in terms of frequency and chaoticness) of any thread on the site.

important: if the thread ends on this page I will simply die of misery. let’s get at least to 89.

Luckily February gave us one extra day this year so there's still time to post more!!

AND I STILL HAVE PHOTOSHOP OPEN MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA brace yourselves mortals

This reminds me that I once bought a pair of sweat shorts on clearance, and it took me almost a year to notice there was an 88 on one of the legs. I was extremely upset.

Let's make it happen!
Punching 88 away like

images-6.jpg

The NES games on NSO supporting co-op play works surprisingly well I have to say! Games like Blue Shadow are double the fun 😊

Since it's been a long time since I played any form of Pokemon Crystal, I decided to make my first playthrough of Crystal Legacy a Nuzlocke run. Same rules about permanently boxing any Pokemon that faints and only catching the first Pokemon you encounter in an area (barring duplicates).

And so far so good! Legacy is Crystal but streamlined and polished. All the nostalgic fun with much less of the hassle. Just beat Falkner with my team of Joker the Totodile, Yam the Ratatta, Orly the Hoothoot, Nene the Poliwag and Menma the Gastly.

Encountered a Larvitar in a cave, killed it with an accidental crit. #Nuzlocke woes

I hereby grant you the divine permission to try again as often as you want to catch a Larvitar, because it, just like Scizor, needs to be on every team in Pokemon G/S/C.

I hereby grant you the divine permission to try again as often as you want to catch a Larvitar, because it, just like Scizor, needs to be on every team in Pokemon G/S/C.
I guess I can catch one, but I won't use it in order to honor Nuzlocke rules. Paaiiiiiin

Update: it was dark chocolate. My tastebuds were severely disappointed and are now demanding a cold glass of milk. Except we have no milk.

Oh Larvitar, how far you've thrown my night off course

Embrace the Dark side erm type. You know you want it.

The Dark side erm type has tasty chocolate. And cookies.

I started a nuzlocke run in Crystal Legacy but dropped it because I'm playing it on an analogue and it's impossible for me to get the day/night cycle working properly :(

A part of me thinks I should have requested today off of work too, but since I'm still technically new at this job (went from contracted to full time employee last month) I don't really have the PTO to use yet. Ah well, just gotta get through today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom