• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, is it done more in the Persona 5 Royal engine/style? Or something more difficult to port to Switch? Or more based on the original somehow? No idea, really.
That's the main question to ask, if it runs on Unity like Soul Hackers 2 there's no chance we'll get it on Switch unfortunately

Have we talked about these yet?

Most interesting part is the ring pop in the background of one of the pics. Licensed treasures confirmed?

This was posted in the Persona Discord. Dunno where Nate said this (perhaps that podcast that was posted in the PlayStation Showcase thread?), but...
IMG_5658.png

So if it's coming to the XBOX, you would hope it's coming to the Switch too.
yeah one would think that if it's coming to xbox which is shifting an astounding hundred consoles per week in japan the switch would be fair game but...

yeah one would think that if it's coming to xbox which is shifting an astounding hundred consoles per week in japan the switch would be fair game but...
How much does Persona sell in Japan anyway? Well, regardless, I imagine it's very popular there, so from a purely business perspective it makes no sense to put have Persona 3 Remake or Persona 6 on Switch. Fully expecting that to be the case though, Atlus is weird like that.

How much does Persona sell in Japan anyway? Well, regardless, I imagine it's very popular there, so from a purely business perspective it makes no sense to put have Persona 3 Remake or Persona 6 on Switch. Fully expecting that to be the case though, Atlus is weird like that.
P6 is def exclusive cuz all sony can do now is eat hot chip and moneyhat. P6 is way more of a switch 2 affair at this point tho but i still don't expect it there.

I beat the RFA main story yesterday.

Gotta say, it's a choice to have the last boss battle take up 20 to 25 or more minutes of constant exercises.

I know the game has an individual mode where you can put together your own training sessions ... but i'm really going to miss the motivation from actually following a game story progression, no matter how little it was.

I beat the RFA main story yesterday.

Gotta say, it's a choice to have the last boss battle take up 20 to 25 or more minutes of constant exercises.

I know the game has an individual mode where you can put together your own training sessions ... but i'm really going to miss the motivation from actually following a game story progression, no matter how little it was.
New game or new game +? Or new game ++?

Is this a hint that there's a New Game+ in RFA or do you ask me which New Game i completed?

If it's the latter ... the normal, default one.
Oh there's not just a ng+, there's also a ng++ once you're done with ng+.

Plenty more exercise for ya

Has anyone brought up the possibility of the Persona 3 remake also coming to Switch? I'm betting on a no personally but it would be neat to have some clarification. Feels like the discussion is all about it coming to Xbox.
If MS has the exclusivity, then it's a Xbox only title. If not, then it's definitely coming to Switch too. They're not repeating Soul Hackers mistake again, if there's a Switch version they'll announce it alongside of other versions.

I expect Atlus support for Switch to ramp up in its final year, just like it was for 3DS. But the real surprise will be the VanillaWare title. They have been teasing it for a while.
Humanity would have been the PERFECT game for the Switch
My sentiments exactly but Sony's timed exclusivities take some long time. Some were even longer than a year.

NGL, I'm pretty hyped for Persona 3 Remake as I've often heard it's the best entry in the series.
That really depends on who you ask. I’ve played both FES and P3P ( I prefer P3P and people will argue for days about that too) and my favorite entry is still 4G and 5R.

Hey, it's Atelier Marie, and the series, 26th anniversary, Fun Fact; There are 24 main atelier games (over 30 if you count spinoffs), so that means there has been an atelier game almost every year since it started.

I will be buying John Wick 4 and watching it tonight. Just waiting to see if there are any deals that pop up for it between now and tonight. But I will be buying and watching it either way.

I will be buying John Wick 4 and watching it tonight. Just waiting to see if there are any deals that pop up for it between now and tonight. But I will be buying and watching it either way.
It's a lot of fun.

This weekend is (I hope) the first one I'll have in which I will be able to fully sink time into TOTK. I have a meager 5 hours of play since I bought it. Can't wait.

Funny enough, I was thinking of starting P3P this week as my evening jrpg. FeMC. First time

Ugh noooooo I don’t want to wake up with this accursed headache. Took some excedrin but it’s not super effective on this type of sinus/tension migraine. Really need to get some shades and the air purifier in my place. Or at least go to a dark space during the day today cause light amplifies it too. Ugh

On the flip side not much going on today so anime and more ToTK time. Also I need to get back to tgaa2r. And ghost trick

Glad I waited a few hours because Fanflix gave me John Wick 4 and both Crank movies (haven’t seen em) for $23 when I could’ve just paid $20 for JW4 alone.

There will be lots of faces punched.
Sounds good to me. I saw some bts footage of them filming some car chase scenes recently and it’s pretty crazy how they did it. I’m looking forward to seeing them in action.

Am I stupid for never realizing that all the Sheikah technology in Breath of the Wild was blue due of the Wii U branding?

Not sure why they went with green for the visual identity in Tears of the Kingdom, besides just being tied with the Zonai.. which makes a little lamer in comparison, not gonna lie.

The game tries to hit a balance between Uncharted-style setpiece driven gameplay, Souls-lite combat and Metroid Prime exploration and imo doesn't always succeed but that might be just me liking the latter two components better. Survivor seems a bit better in that regard but I'm not that far.
Just to get back to this, even if only shortly: I've played FO for almost 12h overall now, and while I am happy that the Uncharted inspired stuff does actually stay out of my way for the most part, the rest didn't really improve in any meaningful way so far, I'd say. The combat hasn't evolved all that much, while the exploration is solid (as is the level design), but I'm missing the ... wow-factor, if you will. It's just good, and nothing more. Basically agreeing here with what @Ozeiyo wrote almost two weeks ago. Solid to good game, 7/10 if one wants to put a number there, but it's mostly the Star Wars theming pushing me to continue.

I don’t think I’ve brought it up here but I’ve been playing GoW Ragnarok and I think people have been lying to me. This is absolutely not the same map from 2018.

I don’t think I’ve brought it up here but I’ve been playing GoW Ragnarok and I think people have been lying to me. This is absolutely not the same map from 2018.
Eventually you return to Midgard and Alfheim and then it is

But overall no, only a very small part of the game reuses the same map

Am I stupid for never realizing that all the Sheikah technology in Breath of the Wild was blue due of the Wii U branding?

Not sure why they went with green for the visual identity in Tears of the Kingdom, besides just being tied with the Zonai.. which makes a little lamer in comparison, not gonna lie.
Because green is objectively a better color.

Just to get back to this, even if only shortly: I've played FO for almost 12h overall now, and while I am happy that the Uncharted inspired stuff does actually stay out of my way for the most part, the rest didn't really improve in any meaningful way so far, I'd say. The combat hasn't evolved all that much, while the exploration is solid (as is the level design), but I'm missing the ... wow-factor, if you will. It's just good, and nothing more. Basically agreeing here with what @Ozeiyo wrote almost two weeks ago. Solid to good game, 7/10 if one wants to put a number there, but it's mostly the Star Wars theming pushing me to continue.
I think that’s a pretty fair assessment of the game. I had fun with it, but it was more like… the kind of game that I enjoyed while playing it, but didn’t feel a strong urge to be playing when I wasn’t playing it, if that makes sense. It’s a game that takes ideas from a lot of things I love (Star Wars aesthetic, Souls-y combat, Metroidvania elements to the exploration, etc.) but doesn’t really do any of those things super well.

It’s worth finishing, though, since it’s not very long (something like 20-25 hours?) and a couple boss fights and things that happen near the end are probably the best parts of the game.

It should've been neon purple, because neon red plus neon blue equals neon purple.

Purple is probably too often associated with evil though.

I was going to wait for 1.6 update of Stardew Valley to start my yearly farm but... "why not start tomorrow" is what I said yesterday, and lo and behold, I have indeed started today. Another 100+ hours ready to be racked up.

Will this grown ass man take his LA Link and Skyward Sword Zelda Amiibos out of their packaging to actually use and display them today? Doubtful but there's always hope.

I think that’s a pretty fair assessment of the game. I had fun with it, but it was more like… the kind of game that I enjoyed while playing it, but didn’t feel a strong urge to be playing when I wasn’t playing it, if that makes sense. It’s a game that takes ideas from a lot of things I love (Star Wars aesthetic, Souls-y combat, Metroidvania elements to the exploration, etc.) but doesn’t really do any of those things super well.

It’s worth finishing, though, since it’s not very long (something like 20-25 hours?) and a couple boss fights and things that happen near the end are probably the best parts of the game.
Makes total sense to me, yeah; I feel similarly, though I do get the urge to pick it up every now and then. Mostly because I want to play as a Jedi and beat people with the funny glowing stick.
The battles so far sadly haven't quite hit the nail on its head for me as far as feeling like a Jedi is concerned, though. Feels a bit too stiff and grounded, too much Souls-ish for being a Star Wars inspired game, IMO.
Movement in general doesn't feel as on point as I'd like it to, but I've found that to be the case for me with quite a few games using Unreal Engine specifically. (Which makes me not like the engine all that much at the end of the day)

I bought a screen protector for my Switch OLED before a trip and forgot to install it

I chipped the screen on said trip. It's not too bad, but sad day.

I bought a screen protector for my Switch OLED before a trip and forgot to install it

I chipped the screen on said trip. It's not too bad, but sad day.
Sad yeah. I hate applying screen protectors but it’s worth it. Most of the time.

Royal shipped 400k in Japan in its first month and the rerelease was around 63k.

Sometimes I think about Tokyo Mirage Sessions and the fact that it is a better game than SMTV

SMTV: Apocalypse when ?
That… is an extremely debatable opinion, but that’s coming from someone who doesn’t love TMS very much. That said, an SMTV Maniax would be very welcome now that they have the engine and graphics and so much to reuse and expand upon.

I like both SMT V and TMS

But SMT V is the better game. More budget, better designs, less lewdness

SMTV could have been a really good game if it had actual visual variety. The level design is really good and encourages exploration, but it's a shame that all the areas look the same but with different filters. It doesn't help that it has the worst story and narration of the SMT series too.

A new version would definitely help, they could improve a lot of things.

SMTV could have been a really good game if it had actual visual variety. The level design is really good and encourages exploration, but it's a shame that all the areas look the same but with different filters. It doesn't help that it has the worst story and narration of the SMT series too.

A new version would definitely help, they could improve a lot of things.
I can agree with that. An SMTV: Apocalypse with better characters and story, more visual variety, and a decent chunk of new demons would be great.
if they make a smtv turbo edition ft joker from the smash bros series and they dont let us OG owners upgrade...
Screen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_12.34.21_PM.0.0.1470069300.png
Depends on if we're just talking about an enhanced version of the original game (in which case we should totally be able to upgrade, please) or an Apocalypse-style version, which reuses a lot of assets and locations but is a completely new game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom