• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between Zelda, FFXVI, Raincode and Pikmin 4, I can say that it's probably going to be the best months of my life gaming-wise

FFXVI might be my most anticipated game of the year, but I can't describe how excited I am for Pikmin 4. I'm sure EPD has cooked something really special... I can't wait for the next trailer.

Web-capture-20-5-2023-11422-www-washingtonpost-com.jpg

Okay this is bullshit, no way has it already been 9 days since Zelda came out.
Not only does it make the hours feel like minutes, it makes the days feel like hours.

I need somebody smarter than me to do like a monthly summary of the Hardware Speculation thread. Maybe a Fed dot plot for release date predictions.

I need somebody smarter than me to do like a monthly summary of the Hardware Speculation thread. Maybe a Fed dot plot for release date predictions.

Nothing new, everyone is waiting for Nintendo to move, either in a June Direct/Gamescon or in September. Time will tell.

Man, the 10 year anniversary of the Xbox One announcement. What a nightmarish day that was as an Xbox fan. Poisoned the brand to a point it may never recover.

Z0bVwPR.png

Man, the 10 year anniversary of the Xbox One announcement. What a nightmarish day that was as an Xbox fan. Poisoned the brand to a point it may never recover.

Z0bVwPR.png
This was incredibly surreal to witness at the time. Both this man and Don Mattrick were (supposedly) trying to convince people to buy an Xbox One and their main pitch seemed to be "You don't like it? Piss off and buy something else!"

Surprise, surprise, people bought something else.

I have officially fallen into the ultrahand rabbit hole.

I wonder if the team sees all this videos and are being delighted by some of the ingenious contraptions that are being made and shared (at least the less disturbing ones) since that seems to be what they were going for.

We memed about marketing hard enough to will a trailer into existence

This is so strange. Nintendo will usually idiot proof their marketing so that they can be sure everyone knows Samus uses scanners or whatever, but when they have four consecutive vague Zelda trailers they sit back and scratch their heads saying 'why didn't they understand the mechanics??'

Well, got a pair of Gulikit sticks and installed them, only to discover that one of them is first batch and has the jitter issue.

Just my luck.

Got in contact with Aknes to see what can be done about it.
They said we’re getting it at some point, along with the PS4 and Xbox One versions.
I hope so. I hate the idea of having the game sitting there.

I could happily continue my save on the Switch, but i loaded it on PC and advanced so much that i just can't go back.

I finally finished Labyrinth of Galleria. The true ending was 100% worth it, and if it weren’t for Zelda, this would probably end up being my GotY.
Is Galleria better than Refrain you would say? Didn't really liked that game tbh.

I finally finished Labyrinth of Galleria. The true ending was 100% worth it, and if it weren’t for Zelda, this would probably end up being my GotY.
That sounds fantastic. I got it during the Golden Week sale, but I took a break from Zelda to start Future Redeem (I forgot my gamecard during vacation). I cant wait to dive into that game.

all these devs working with the Power Of The SSD® , extremely powerful hardware that's comparable to PCs, half a billion dollar budgets and incredibly accessible engines outdone by a decade old tablet. you love to see it.
More evidence that the Switch was meant to last for 20-30 years.

Has anyone gotten anything from Playasia and how was the delivery time?

Because I plan to get the EO Origins Collection (I want that physical) but I am moving at the end of June (27) so I was wondering if the game might reach me in time if not then Ill use the other address.

Is Galleria better than Refrain you would say? Didn't really liked that game tbh.
Depends on what you liked/didn’t like about Refrain. The gameplay is more of the same, but with so many QoL improvements that make it a lot better. The story is a lot more ambitious and imo sticks the landing a little better. It’s not quite as externally “edgy” as Refrain but it’s still very much a horror RPG. It just takes a bit more time to get to the darker stuff.

The thing is, Aonuma never says anything like that in the article. Only portion that's reffered to a delay is:

"It was supposed to be out by last year, but in March 2022, Aonuma had to announce its delay, “to make sure that everything in the game was 100 percent to our standards,” he said. Big video games these days have been launching with bugs and poor graphical performance, while “Tears” was released with no issues, despite more complex physics than even the most expensive PlayStation 5 title."

There is nothing in the article about Aonuma saying that the "game was pretty much complete" or that last year was spend on polish. He just says the delay was to make it 100% to their standards.

The thing is, Aonuma never says anything like that in the article. Only portion that's reffered to a delay is:

"It was supposed to be out by last year, but in March 2022, Aonuma had to announce its delay, “to make sure that everything in the game was 100 percent to our standards,” he said. Big video games these days have been launching with bugs and poor graphical performance, while “Tears” was released with no issues, despite more complex physics than even the most expensive PlayStation 5 title."

There is nothing in the article about Aonuma saying that the "game was pretty much complete" or that last year was spend on polish. He just says the delay was to make it 100% to their standards.
yeah i noticed that too after actually reading the interview, but it seems like a lot of places have picked that up as a whole year just dedicated to polish and are reporting it that way.

To be fair, the point in contention was also spread by...the person who wrote the original article and did the interview with Aonuma.

I mean, if you wanna say that Gene Park jumped to conclusions on the point, sure, but it's not like the reporting is coming completely out of thin air.

To be fair, the point in contention was also spread by...the person who wrote the original article and did the interview with Aonuma.

I mean, if you wanna say that Gene Park jumped to conclusions on the point, sure, but it's not like the reporting is coming completely out of thin air.

Yeah I know, but it's not reffered in the article. When you don't have exact words by Aonuma the info can be misunderstood pretty quickly.

On the whole, I would say definitely yes. The gameplay is about the same but with QoL improvements, but the story and characters are MUCH better and there's a lot less tonal whiplash.

My main complaint is that I don't think the level design or general gameplay structure is as good, and the characters/story do more of the heavy lifting this time around. Getting more specific is tough without spoilers, though.

Not sure if it’s worth a thread, but big “YO!” if it pans out Alan Wake II is coming in October. Definitely a game I’ve been worried about slipping into 2024 since we haven’t heard much about it.

For those who don't know, Joe Staten was a long time writer for the Halo series through the whole Bungie era. He was working at Xbox publishing before being brought on towards the end of Halo Infinite's development to help with the campaign and eventually he was essentially tasked with salvaging the game. He left Xbox publishing earlier this year and is now making a game for Netflix. But his comment to Zelda's development probably tells us that he didn't think Infinite was given enough time for polish and given the lack of significant features and content, it really did end up hurting the longevity of the game.

Nintendo: "We released this game with five characters and two maps. Expect the rest of the game in a series of post-launch updates that will, themselves, end prematurely. Oh, and we won't fix the online issues. Ever."

Also Nintendo:

It's always amusing how two-sided this company is. Zelda's a technical master-work and has a legitimately gargantuan amount of content... yet just a year prior we were met with Mario Strikers: Battle League. Hell, even Zelda itself sees this dichotomy. Mainline gets a year's delay to make sure you can go 100 hours without seeing a single bug, whilst Ocarina of Time gets a rushed emulation job with messed-up graphics that took months to fix.

Nintendo: "We released this game with five characters and two maps. Expect the rest of the game in a series of post-launch updates that will, themselves, end prematurely. Oh, and we won't fix the online issues. Ever."

Also Nintendo:

It's always amusing how two-sided this company is. Zelda's a technical master-work and has a legitimately gargantuan amount of content... yet just a year prior we were met with Mario Strikers: Battle League. Hell, even Zelda itself sees this dichotomy. Mainline gets a year's delay to make sure you can go 100 hours without seeing a single bug, whilst Ocarina of Time gets a rushed emulation job with messed-up graphics that took months to fix.
Time is money. I hate it. But I see why some titles aren’t given the time needed and just come out. Probably even end up happy with the results in financial wise. Like Mario Strikers. Seems to be the spin offs that always get the tight schedule, huh.

But you got this massive game that you think it’s gonna get massive sales and prestige. It can get the time it needs then.

Or Anouma has a lot of influence and can say no until he’s force to release it lol.

well, let’s see what happens with the next sport title 😐

For those who don't know, Joe Staten was a long time writer for the Halo series through the whole Bungie era. He was working at Xbox publishing before being brought on towards the end of Halo Infinite's development to help with the campaign and eventually he was essentially tasked with salvaging the game. He left Xbox publishing earlier this year and is now making a game for Netflix. But his comment to Zelda's development probably tells us that he didn't think Infinite was given enough time for polish and given the lack of significant features and content, it really did end up hurting the longevity of the game.

Are you sure he isn't just expressing his love of The Mandalorian?

Okay this is bullshit, no way has it already been 9 days since Zelda came out.
Not only does it make the hours feel like minutes, it makes the days feel like hours.

On the flip side, it sure made the hours at work (and not playing TOTK) feel like days.

Can't wait to beat Dorf with Squats in the next game!

Also Nintendo:

I mean, i see no problem here. Nintendo will definitely not fix TotK online issues either!

;D

Also Nintendo:

I can only imagine that if a lead developer from Camelot and/or NLG asked Nintendo for more time the reaction would be similar to Microsoft propositioning them for purchase.

So today I got in a little bit after the normal hours, and decided to play a bit before going. It was so funny to see my friends names popping up as doing the same

For real though, i wonder why Nintendo never announced a sequel to RFA.

Maybe for the next console. There's stuff they could improve for sure, but I hope they return to the ring peripheral for their next fitness game, it's worked really well for me. I'd get an expansion or a sequel no questions asked, and I really think they should have released special outfits or soundtrack swaps or something to coincide with other releases.

It's such a part of my fitness routine now that my friends must be laughing their heads off when they're all playing Zelda and I pop up most evenings when my Switch snitches on me hanging out with the gym dragon again.

Fasting food today so time to game and chill.

Finished Rhapsody a musical adventure last night. Fun charming game that doesn’t overstay its welcome! Hype were finally getting the sequel and spinoff in a couple months. Ending got a couple tears out of me. Made you take responsibility for the bad choices and foolish actions you made along the way, but not as much as you feel trash like some games. Majorly was a highlight especially by the end. Took about 11 hrs.
The dungeons were similar looking mazes but generally not big enough to be annoying. Combat while it had positioning was straight forward and didn’t take much grinding.

Don’t know when I’ll give the paired game La Pucelle: Ragnarok a go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom