• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the best “extra battery charger” I can get for my Switch. Have a 7 hour flight across the country from south Florida to the Pacific coast of Washington next weekend, and I refuse to let my OLED battery die in TOTK.

This a good one? And will they even allow it on the plane? 😅

Planet Lana looks neat. I'll probably try it out whenever I subscribe to Game Pass. It's weird but I'm kind of already planning my post-Zelda game schedule lol. I think I'm gonna sub to Game Pass and playthrough Gears 4 and 5, Halo 5 and Infinite, and Ghost Wire Tokyo.

Ugh, if it's a PS exclusive that would be a such bummer. Super long games need to stay as far away as possible from home consoles. Otherwise I'd need to quit my job to finish them...

But I don't see Sony buying exclusivity for this, nothing to gain for them.
Maybe it's a cinematic third person action remake of FFT

Ugh, if it's a PS exclusive that would be a such bummer. Super long games need to stay as far away as possible from home consoles. Otherwise I'd need to quit my job to finish them...

But I don't see Sony buying exclusivity for this, nothing to gain for them.
Can always stream it via Chiaki if it is PS5 exclusive, then you get best of both worlds of it being portable and playable for you!

I'm at work and I hear the TotK item jingle when you pick up an item. Think I'm playing too much.
This happened to me when Jet Set Radio Future came out. I played that game A LOT and whenever I went outside my brain was subconsciously thinking about what I could grind and do tricks on :ROFLMAO:

Nintendo: "We released this game with five characters and two maps. Expect the rest of the game in a series of post-launch updates that will, themselves, end prematurely. Oh, and we won't fix the online issues. Ever."

Also Nintendo:

It's always amusing how two-sided this company is. Zelda's a technical master-work and has a legitimately gargantuan amount of content... yet just a year prior we were met with Mario Strikers: Battle League. Hell, even Zelda itself sees this dichotomy. Mainline gets a year's delay to make sure you can go 100 hours without seeing a single bug, whilst Ocarina of Time gets a rushed emulation job with messed-up graphics that took months to fix.
You'll probably get a bit of flack for this but you're right. It's kinda where all the big games in the industry are going. This is why I mostly wait to play big releases until we know it isn't pending updates, fixes or anything else (yeah even Nintendo stuff). I kind of dislike the dripfeed approach no matter where I see it, but I get it's what makes supporting games easier for devs and release cycles so I suppose it's just part of gaming now.

The reason they polished TOTK so well (and it shows) is that they have no choice. Zelda and Mario have always been seen as series of prestige, so they have a reputation to uphold. It sets the tone for the quality of the rest of their exclusives and in turn determines the success of their hardware since Nintendo are mostly popular for their exclusives (which is even more important as they now have 1 primary gaming income stream, with a small mobile side stream). Most of everyone I know who bought a Switch did it primarily for BOTW, Mario Odyssey or MK8D, every other game was a nice small bonus to them. They HAVE to polish it in short because it sets the precedent for the quality of their ecosystem in each generation.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Ah that sucks. I feel similar at the moment. Idk why just feel kinda drained and exhausted of a lot. I think it's partially because I stopped exercising after getting ill so will start it back up.

I'm at work and I hear the TotK item jingle when you pick up an item. Think I'm playing too much.
I was driving by a house in my neighborhood that had plants in their yard that I swear look like Hylian Herbs and I wanted to pick themmm

A few nights ago I played TotK and then went straight to bed. Later that night, my upstairs neighbor was stomping around his apartment at 3am. In my half-asleep thoughts, I had visions of myself ascending through my roof to tell my neighbor to shut the hell up.

Cool video from the creator of Fruit Ninja about how the game was designed and how it became such a success. Provides some great insight on mobile game development in general.

Ah yes, the only game that made the Kinect worth it to me.

Ahem, you're forgetting the GOAT

maxresdefault.jpg

There is nothing more conflicting than the end of another school year. You have a heaping helping of catharsis and an even heaping-er helping of exhaustion.

If you need me, I'll be in my bed finding more shrines.

Anyone know when the E3 replacement Summer Games Fest is supposed to kick off this year? Think I saw a schedule floating around somewhere but idk if it's fake. Should be some good stuff there hopefully.

Now that we're approaching announcement season, random thought:

Have we heard anything/any whispers about the Bloodstained followup? IIRC it was supposed to be 'in the works' or something years ago but I don't remember ever seeing anything about it after that

Anyone know when the E3 replacement Summer Games Fest is supposed to kick off this year? Think I saw a schedule floating around somewhere but idk if it's fake. Should be some good stuff there hopefully.
The main event/showcase where pretty much all the big announcements and stuff will be is on June 8th

Awesome! Persona here we come (hopefully)
We'll see! Persona news could come at Sony this Wednesday, that SGF night June 8th, Xbox June 11th, or... not at all and later like Tokyo Games Show or something. I'm fairly certain we'll get news this year, just depends on when it finally happens

We'll see! Persona news could come at Sony this Wednesday, that SGF night June 8th, Xbox June 11th, or... not at all and later like Tokyo Games Show or something. I'm fairly certain we'll get news this year, just depends on when it finally happens
We'll never see it coming.

Has anyone brought up the possibility of the Persona 3 remake also coming to Switch? I'm betting on a no personally but it would be neat to have some clarification. Feels like the discussion is all about it coming to Xbox.

"Ouroboros" was just an answer on Jeopardy Masters but I was so busy laughing that all I could shout was "XENOBLADE AND ZELDA!!!!!"

Has anyone brought up the possibility of the Persona 3 remake also coming to Switch? I'm betting on a no personally but it would be neat to have some clarification. Feels like the discussion is all about it coming to Xbox.
I don't really recall it ever being mentioned for Switch. I guess it depends how big a remake we're talking. Like, is it done more in the Persona 5 Royal engine/style? Or something more difficult to port to Switch? Or more based on the original somehow? No idea, really.

This was posted in the Persona Discord. Dunno where Nate said this (perhaps that podcast that was posted in the PlayStation Showcase thread?), but...
IMG_5658.png

So if it's coming to the XBOX, you would hope it's coming to the Switch too.

This was posted in the Persona Discord. Dunno where Nate said this (perhaps that podcast that was posted in the PlayStation Showcase thread?), but...
IMG_5658.png

So if it's coming to the XBOX, you would hope it's coming to the Switch too.
I would imagine so, it'd be kind of weird to have P3-P5 all come out on all platforms recently, then have P3R on Xbox but not Switch, somehow.

James Holzhauer wrote his name in Japanese on Jeopardy Masters tonight and Ken Jennings referred to him as "Holzhauer-san" and I am so happy

Guess we'll find out sooner rather than later. I remember when Stranger of Paradise was going to be PlayStation only, when there was a possibility of Persona 5 Royal not coming to Switch, and just now Metal Gear Solid 3 remake going from exclusive to not. Hell, once some were certain that Devil May Cry 4 was going to be PS4 only.

James Holzhauer wrote his name in Japanese on Jeopardy Masters tonight and Ken Jennings referred to him as "Holzhauer-san" and I am so happy
I recently found out that Brandon Sanderson (fantasy author) was apparently roommates with Ken Jennings at BYU. One of those 'huh, who knew' kind of connections, like Al Gore and Tommy Lee Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom