• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kotaku out there taking more L's than a Tetris tournament with a Death Note cosplay theme.
The old "when called out for bad behaviour, double down" strategy in action I see.

Thank fucking god Guardians 3 was as good as I hoped it would be. Top tier MCU.
Yet another Pratt movie I was iffy about that I now actually wanna see because of positive word of mouth.

And twice in the same year, just a month apart, which is kinda wild.

I'm lowkey surprised that GOTG3 didn't get hit with a R rating. It goes to some pretty dark places for an MCU movie. One scene and one shot in particular.

Rocket attempting to escape with his friends after learning they were all to be killed the next day. Lylla is killed right in front of him and Rocket just starts screaming and sobbing. The High Evolutionary makes fun of him crying and Rocket jumps at him and scratches his face off. Two other enemies attack, Rocket kills them, but it turns out the shots that missed him killed his two other friends in the cell. What the fuck.

Gamora tears the High Evolutionary's fake face off and you see his bloody, gory real face. Like, it's disturbing. How on earth was this shot kept in a PG13 movie I don't know.

Been watching a stream of someone playing BotW and I didn't know that in the quest where you need to bring the blue flame to the lab, you can go through the town and the children will get excited about the flame and follow you like ducklings. That's so cute!

Yeah I might need to pull up a map for these last 9 BotW shrines. Hero’s Path can only help so much.

Been watching a stream of someone playing BotW and I didn't know that in the quest where you need to bring the blue flame to the lab, you can go through the town and the children will get excited about the flame and follow you like ducklings. That's so cute!
BoTW. The game that kept on giving...
There is so many things we learned about the little secrets and Easter eggs 5-6 years in. Like the fact animations for charged attack are different when link is out of stamina. I didn't knew that until 2021!
Or that you can feed squirrels...
Wait... now I realised I never tried giving a bear some salmon or honeycomb. Or raw meat to wolves....
Did someone tried it?

Everyone in the village has a unique response to the blue flame! Hudson and Bolson, for instance, recognize the flame as belonging to their boss "Lady Purah," or bring it into the inn and you'll be scolded for carrying an open flame indoors.

I must say, if there's one good thing about a busy period at work, it's that it's distracting me from the long wait before TotK

...and if there's one bad thing about it, it's that it's keeping me from playing more Minish Cap.

Or that you can feed squirrels...
What in the world... :O

Or raw meat to wolves....
I at least know you can bait bears and wolves with raw meat. I think I also managed to bait a bear with fish?

Everyone in the village has a unique response to the blue flame!
That's really cool! I think I only showed the blue flame to the folk you run into on the way up to the lab.

And now Tears of the Kingdom seems like Breath of the Wild up to eleven. One more week until the sweet, sweet release...

Boy am I glad my hype for TotK is only just kicking in now. Otherwise the wait would have been interminable.

Crazy to think that New Zelda is a week away.

We've nearly made it through the longest ever gap between new Zelda games, folks.

Crazy to think that New Zelda is a week away.

We've nearly made it through the longest ever gap between new Zelda games, folks.

What do you mean, "made it"?

This is me:
giphy.gif

I'm Dafoe-ing already and it's still 7 days to wait. ;_;

If you ever think your life is rough, think of the poor bastard at Aspyr who has to promote the company's Star Wars releases on Switch while everyone is jumping down their throat over the lack of news regarding the KOTOR II DLC.

If you ever think your life is rough, think of the poor bastard at Aspyr who has to promote the company's Star Wars releases on Switch while everyone is jumping down their throat over the lack of news regarding the KOTOR II DLC.
I'm tempted to get KOTOR 2 on Switch, but didn't realise there was still some unresolved issue there. What's the latest with it?

It's not Aspyr's fault though. Apparently Disney refused to allow the DLC until its anonymous author is found. That's a much unneeded potential lawsuit for them.

I'm tempted to get KOTOR 2 on Switch, but didn't realise there was still some unresolved issue there. What's the latest with it?
The big one is that the Switch version of KOTOR 2 was supposed to get the so far PC-exclusive Restored Content mod (which adds a lot of quests, dialogues, interactions... that had to be cut from the original release because of time constraints) soon after the base game launched on Switch. "Soon" became Q3 2022 and after that passed... nothing. Complete radio silence. Like @9-Volt says, it's apparently Disney's fault, but because Aspyr are the "face" of these Star Wars releases on Switch, they are taking the brunt of the fans' ire.
It's not Aspyr's fault though. Apparently Disney refused to allow the DLC until its anonymous author is found. That's a much unneeded potential lawsuit for them.
Yeah, I know, my comment wasn't meant to blame Aspyr, just to highlight the fact that it must really suck to be the guy that has to go "Hey, guys! May the 4th be with you! Check these cool games!" while everyone around them is like "FUCK YOU! KOTOR 2 RESTORED CONTENT FUCKING WHEN!"

Why does spending $100 on a pair of vouchers fill me with such anxiety and guilt yet spending $300 on a bagel platter for a graduation party is just ho hum

Why does spending $100 on a pair of vouchers fill me with such anxiety and guilt yet spending $300 on a bagel platter for a graduation party is just ho hum

The Bagel platter can be used to fill the inside voids where such anxiety comes from with food.

That always works and helps.

There's a zero percent chance the bagels will disappoint and a nonzero chance the games will disappoint.

It's absolutely wild that we're a week out from TotK launch and there's still no word about a season pass

The Bagel platter can be used to fill the inside voids where such anxiety comes from with food.

That always works and helps.
Just be careful with the everything bagels and voids

guys there’s a tears of the kingdom logo on my switch homepage
Don't show Reggie if you want to live to the 12th

Don't show Reggie if you want to live to the 12th

Who could've known that taking on a higher-up position at any Nintendo regional office means that you're also getting trained in the way of the Ninja-Lawyer.

Does that mean Doug Bowser is a Ninja-Lawyer, too?

Weekly Poll #1
Hey all. It is time for the first weekly poll!
This is my very first time creating a forum poll and I picked strawpoll because it showed up first as I looked for alternatives. Hope it works - apologies if it doesn't.

So, let's ask ourselves, pre-Tears of the Kingdom: Which Zelda game is the best direct sequel? The game that is an outstanding game on its own, while also doing an excellent job in building upon what came before it - either by taking the best of its predecessor and making it better, or by using the foundations to build a truly unique experience.

Is it Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, which was a sequel to the very first game, albeit something that dared to experiment, and came out as its very own thing, while still retaining the adventurous feel of the original Legend of Zelda? Is it Link's Awakening, who sees our hero from A Link to the Past stranded on a foreign island, a game that takes its predecessor's framework and condenses it into a charming micro-experience, perfect for the Game Boy? Is it Majora's Mask, a direct parallel world to Ocarina of Time - even reusing its assets - but one that otherwise couldn't be more different in tone and mood? Is it Phantom Hourglass, the sequel to The Wind Waker that once again uses the wide ocean as a setting, where new perils and challenges awaits the Hero of Winds? Or is it A Link Between Worlds, another sequel to A Link to the Past, this time using its overworld as a foundation to build new, exciting challenges and stories? Let's vote!

Who could've known that taking on a higher-up position at any Nintendo regional office means that you're also getting trained in the way of the Ninja-Lawyer.

Does that mean Doug Bowser is a Ninja-Lawyer, too?
Bowser is not a ninja type of guy, if he goes after you, you and everyone you know will notice his presence....

Which Zelda game is the best direct sequel?
Huh, I didn’t know Phantom Hourglass was supposed to be a direct sequel. Anyway, had to go with Link’s Awakening.

Also finally watched the Mario movie, which is about as good as I’d expect from an Illumination movie. It wasn’t funny or even well-written per se, but I was giddy seeing all the references and video game stuff. Plus the crowd I was with was basically a lot of families with kids decked out in the Cappy caps and overalls and Peach costumes. Happy vibes throughout the entire thing.

I said I wouldn't buy a new game until TotK but here I am even though I already own it digitally lol

getsufumadenkcdqk.jpg

I heard that Sheikah tools can break Cryonis blocks, unlike regular weapons and whatnot. For example, a regular sword cannot destroy a Cryonis block but a Guardian Sword can. This includes Ancient Arrows and the Bomb rune.

Oh yeah, and if I'm not mistaken, blue flame can break Cryonis while regular flame can't. Absolutely insane attention to detail.

Hey all. It is time for the first weekly poll!
This is my very first time creating a forum poll and I picked strawpoll because it showed up first as I looked for alternatives. Hope it works - apologies if it doesn't.

So, let's ask ourselves, pre-Tears of the Kingdom: Which Zelda game is the best direct sequel? The game that is an outstanding game on its own, while also doing an excellent job in building upon what came before it - either by taking the best of its predecessor and making it better, or by using the foundations to build a truly unique experience.

Is it Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, which was a sequel to the very first game, albeit something that dared to experiment, and came out as its very own thing, while still retaining the adventurous feel of the original Legend of Zelda? Is it Link's Awakening, who sees our hero from A Link to the Past stranded on a foreign island, a game that takes its predecessor's framework and condenses it into a charming micro-experience, perfect for the Game Boy? Is it Majora's Mask, a direct parallel world to Ocarina of Time - even reusing its assets - but one that otherwise couldn't be more different in tone and mood? Is it Phantom Hourglass, the sequel to The Wind Waker that once again uses the wide ocean as a setting, where new perils and challenges awaits the Hero of Winds? Or is it A Link Between Worlds, another sequel to A Link to the Past, this time using its overworld as a foundation to build new, exciting challenges and stories? Let's vote!
Voted for Majora's Mask, but damn I'm just happy to see strawpoll working again! Wasn't it borked for like three years or something? At least I knew the embed stopped working long before the migration from Era happened

Thank fucking god Guardians 3 was as good as I hoped it would be. Top tier MCU.
I saw it today. Certainly top tier MCU, yeah. I really liked Will Poulter as Adam Warlock, i hope we get to see more of him in the future. The rest of the cast is great too.

First the Mario movie, and now this. Great couple of months for Chris Pratt.

I saw it today. Certainly top tier MCU, yeah. I really liked Will Poulter as Adam Warlock, i hope we get to see more of him in the future. The rest of the cast is great too.

First the Mario movie, and now this. Great couple of months for Chris Pratt.
Also, before the movie during the obligatory way too long ad section (like 20 minutes, thanks local cinema) i was playing a dumb mobile game on my phone and didn't pay attention to what happened on screen.

That changed when i heard the iconic Nintendo Switch snap sound play. My neurons instantly activated and i was stunned to see an ad for Tears of the Kingdom playing. Really cool to see the game in the cinemas, Nintendo is really going all out aren't they? First time i saw an ad for a Nintendo game in a movie theatre.

Definitely did not expect to see Legend of Zelda on the big screen this early ;)

Did this happen to anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom