• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this:

If/when the Yakuza franchise comes to Switch I’m going to purchase all of those games again.

Edit: I already own:

Yakuza 4, 5, Dead Souls and Kenzan(JP) on PS3
Yakuza 0, K, K2, 3R, 4R, 5R, 6, Ishin(JP), and Judgment on PS4
Yakuza 0, K, K2, 3R, 4R, 5R, 6, LaD, Ishin(EN), Judgment and Lost Judgment on Xbox

And I am willing to buy each and every one of those games again on Switch lmao

I also own Yakuza 0 on Steam despite not having a Windows PC because why not!!!

Last edited:
I will say this:

If/when the Yakuza franchise comes to Switch I’m going to purchase all of those games again.

Yakuza 0, K, K2, 3R, 4R, 5R, 6, LaD, Ishin(EN), Judgment and Lost Judgment on Xbox

You see, this is why porting games to Switch is a smart business move by companies. It already has a large userbase of suckers who will spend more money for stuff they already own.

Now please Nintendo, I need to purchase Twilight Princess for the 4th time.

I will say this:

Yeah, I got all of em on PC and Xbox, and most of them on PlayStation, but I will buy them again on Nintendo, no question.

Yeah, I got all of em on PC and Xbox, and most of them on PlayStation, but I will buy them again on Nintendo, no question.
Us @ Sega:

fbbaeb00683bd7e9d171881aea35e312.gif

Destiny 2 added fishing. It's really simple. Just throw your line and wait for the button prompt to pop up to catch a fish. But I'll be honest, I kind of what to grind it out right now. You get loot for turning in fish. Problem is that you need bait and the only way to get that is to...ugh, play the rest of the game.

Damn

The Easy Allies know how to make any Sony PlayStation Showcase look good.

Speaking of Sega ports I am still pretty surprised Sega never put the Sonic Adventure games on Switch. I know they’re ashamed of their low metacritic scores or whatever but that’s a whole generation of people who got into Sonic with those games on GCN and I bet a lot of them would buy them again.

Before Kiryu, specifically.

Just to, you know, be "controversial" and piss people off.

"Because we're Nintendo, we're weird like that."

Let's be divisive as possible!
TBH Ichiban would make for a better Smash character than Kiryu IMO. Plus his reveal trailer writes itself: he meets the Dragon Quest hero and geeks out

TBH Ichiban would make for a better Smash character than Kiryu IMO. Plus his reveal trailer writes itself: he meets the Dragon Quest hero and geeks out
Yes, plus, we can say that Son Goku was finally revealed for Smash!

Got an oil change today and, while I was waiting, I decided to play switch. I graced the employees and other patrons with Toad’s eardrum piercing screams from Super Mario Bros Advance. I’m sure I was everyone’s favorite at the time.

What should I play if I like Genshin Impact (besides the obvious)?
Genshin kind of scratches an itch that not a lot of games are able to, despite how people like to call it generic. It really depends on what you like about it though. I’d recommend something like Dragon’s Dogma and maybe Kingdoms of Amalur if your just looking for a stylish open world action RPG. Or maybe Ys VIII and IX. Or maybe even Trials of Mana.

Anyone else playing Bat Boy? Another 8-bit platformer with Mega Man influences, but with a baseball Sentai theme! I'm really enjoying it, and the OST is aces.

Genshin kind of scratches an itch that not a lot of games are able to, despite how people like to call it generic. It really depends on what you like about it though. I’d recommend something like Dragon’s Dogma and maybe Kingdoms of Amalur if your just looking for a stylish open world action RPG. Or maybe Ys VIII and IX. Or maybe even Trials of Mana.
Trials of Mana honestly looks nice, but I have a feeling it won't compare to Genshin.

Genshin Impact is just... fun. Not sure how to describe it.

Not sure about Dragon's Dogma. It doesn't have the style I'm looking for, though I might play the sequel.

I do trust Liam, he knows his stuff, but I can’t imagine that’s the ONLY reason, you know? Like I’m sure it’s A factor, but THE factor?
This I fully agree with. If there were no other issues, they would probably port at least some of them as a test because why not. Still, I can imagine a scenario in which someone at Sega/RGG Studio made a pitch for Switch ports and then someone higher in the chain in command, looking at the potential costs, went "The precedents are not good", "ROI is not guaranteed", yadda, yadda, yadda... causing the whole thing to get shelved.

In the end, Switch 2 (or whatever it ends up being called) stands, I believe, a much better chance at getting these games, if only because more horsepower means they probably won't have to spend as much time and money in making them work, so again, they'll do it regardless of "risks" because why not.

Bumped the ST, but thought some here might be excited to hear we’ll be getting some Like A Dragon / Yakuza news on June 16th. Interesting timing on the news drop since we just had some discussion in this thread yesterday lol.

Trials of Mana honestly looks nice, but I have a feeling it won't compare to Genshin.

Genshin Impact is just... fun. Not sure how to describe it.

Not sure about Dragon's Dogma. It doesn't have the style I'm looking for, though I might play the sequel.
The Atelier Ryza trilogy has big open environments and a cute style, it’s just not really an action RPG like Genshin. But I’d still highly recommend them.

Rune Factory 5 is another good one, but you’re gonna have to deal with some sketchy performance on the Switch version. It’s also available on PC though if you’d rather go that way.

The Atelier Ryza trilogy has big open environments and a cute style, it’s just not really an action RPG like Genshin. But I’d still highly recommend them.

Rune Factory 5 is another good one, but you’re gonna have to deal with some sketchy performance on the Switch version. It’s also available on PC though if you’d rather go that way.
Actually, both look right up my ally.

I will say this:

Yep, I’d double dip on these for Switch, would also do the same for

Tomb Raider Reboot Trilogy
Batman Arkham Trilogy
Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Yep, I’d double dip on these for Switch, would also do the same for

Tomb Raider Reboot Trilogy
Batman Arkham Trilogy
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
God, that would be like, my 5th copy of the Mass Effect trilogy. And I’d do it.

I finished the Twilight Princess manga this weekend. All 11 volumes were available through the library. Really good stuff. The biggest takeaway should be: Link should say words in more stuff - it's great to view him as a real character!

Playing Skyward Sword HD (and the game in general for the first time in over a decade), and with hindsight it's crazy how much of this game was inspired by James Cameron's Avatar.

Weekly Poll #4
Hey all, time to post the final weekly poll - 2 days late, because of course TotK made me forget about it last Friday. Too busy exploring the depths!

Last week, I asked you which was your favourite arm ability. Here are the results:

1. Ultrahand (2 votes)
2. Ascend (2 votes)
3. Recall (1 vote)
4. Fuse (0 votes)

And now, a very straightforward final poll - based on what you like the most, what you prefer and gravitate towards, or what has meant the most to you over the years: 2D or 3D Zelda?

Who here played Space Invaders: Infinity Gene? That game was the shit man! It's stick on mobile, Xbox 360 and PS3, but a fresh version for current consoles would be great. Also, a follow up please Taito? The whole concept of that game is awesome! I also think they could do something like that with other old franchises like Pac-man, Buble & Bobble, Rick Dangerous etc.

Last edited:
Quoted by: em
Really loving Zelda but I'm looking forward to getting back to finishing up my game.

My brain is incapable of doing both of those things during my free time.

Who here played Space Invaders: Infinity Gene? That game was the shit man! It's stick on mobile, Xbox 360 and PS3, but a fresh version for current consoles would be great. Also, a follow up please Taito? The whole concept of that game is awesome! I also think they could do something like that with other old franchises like Pac-man, Buble & Bobble, Rick Dangerous etc.

I liked Space Invaders Extreme a lot more, TBH. It was great on the DS with the tall screen implementation.

FWIW, Infinity Gene is perfectly playable on the current Xbox Series S|X.

I finally got around to watching the Foamstars trailer and boy howdy does it feel like the only thing that was learned from PlayStation All-Stars was that you just need to find someone to take the blame if you really want to crib someone’s homework.

(I know that’s likely not what happened here but there’s a part of my brain that wants to believe Sony commissioned S-E to make a Splatoon clone and S-E said “sure why not we gotta fund that NFT endeavor somehow”)

Edit:
Which one will you be going with? 🤔

None of them as I’m skipping it. Fully expecting them to find a way to notch the game after release given their track record of late. Got enough stuff to play in the meantime and it’s not like this doesn’t erase the first two games from my hard drive along with the Torchlight series.

Is it because of Aragorn killing all the non white humans after The Return of the King or something else?
Magic the Gathering has a LOTR set out soon and they're showing off cards one by one, and Aragorn is black:

Which Twitter had a completely normal and rational reaction to

Magic the Gathering has a LOTR set out soon and they're showing off cards one by one, and Aragorn is black:

Which Twitter had a completely normal and rational reaction to

Got announced a few months back and they went crazy then too. Funny part is Tolkien would’ve been cool with it, later interviews he regretted not making things more diverse and that he had typecast the only ones that had been confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom