• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

Well if NWC - NES Edition is their july game.

That means they can wait until June to make a new General Direct for announcing their september-december lineup that hopefuly includes metroid prime 4 and fire emblem gotw remake. Even they can show their early 2025 titles before Switch 2 releases.

That means they can wait until June to make a new General Direct for announcing their september-december lineup that hopefuly includes metroid prime 4 and fire emblem gotw remake. Even they can show their early 2025 titles before Switch 2 releases.
Nah, I think this is an early June game.

Ok, I mighjt I've been mistaken, I thought you either liked or RT'd his tweet.

In that case, I'm sorry.
I guess I need to follow back up on this conversation. I did retweet Pyoro yesterday. What are you guys even talking about? Hahaha.

Edit: Oh, I think I understand what happened now. My retweet was interpreted as proof that this was Switch 2-related? But I exist beyond Switch 2 info, guys, hahaha.

I even wore my prized NWC 2015 t-shirt to my livestream yesterday =P

image.png

Last edited:
Dumb idea, but what if we’re getting a general mini? NWC honestly seems like a shadowdrop, so why would putting that out in your most packed month of the year calm worries about H2? Something is up, and we’ll probably find out in 90-150 minutes

I'm cool with that

-Nintendo World Championship NES
-Prime 2+3 HD and a promise for a Prime 4 showcase in the near future
-One or two out of DK, Fire Emblem, Tomodachi Life, Nintendogs, 2D Zelda/Zelda Remaster or Spinoff, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Mario Baseball or Party, Unexpected Niche Game/port, 3DS game remaster
-Dragon Quest lll HD2D
-A few random indies and third party games
-Pikmin 4 or Mario Wonder DLC(This probably copium at this point tbh)

Personally I'm hoping for a new Mysterious Murasame Castle game and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker 2.

Last edited:
If they release this game and don't have a livestreamed tournament as part of the marketing, I'll be disappointed. I want that lowkey "think you can do better than our contestants? prove it." messaging.

C’mon it’s Friday. Please don’t make me feel older than I already am today.
Sorry, you just have to face the facts.

We are actually really close to the Switch nostalgia cycle honestly. Kids who first got the Switch when they were 12, are going to be in their 20's next year. Give it a year or two after that, and Switch nostalgia is going to be through the roof.

I get to work with people in this demographic, and boy the people who grew up with BotW as their first Zelda game are honestly based.

Kids who first got the Switch when they were 12, are going to be in their 20's next year.
I remember when Nintendo consoles were replaced when I had a school transition. Can’t imagine someone being an elementary student to entering college and only having one console generation.

Sigh me up. This sound cool, though the "In-App Purchases" part likely means it is free-to-start or has DLC "packs".

(Not to be confused with "In-App Purchases (Includes Random Items)", which is lootboxes.)
It's clearly an eshop release. Which tells us nothing about the rest of the schedule, after all. I find it hard to understand why this kind of project, similar to Nes Remix, similar to Kirby Dream Buffet, similar to Game Builder Garage, prompts so many people to draw sententious conclusions about what's coming next in 2024. It looks like something experimental and cool. F-Zero 99 never stopped Tears Of The Kingdom from coming out.

My actual serious guess is that NWC:NES is the July release. They'll announce it in a tweet soon filling out the schedule a tiny bit, and that means the real direct can wait until June
We'll see, but I don't think so. This kind of game lends itself very well to an eshop release "available now" during a Direct, like F-Zero 99. It lends itself well to a tweet, like Game Builder Garage. It's not THE game of July, in my opinion. If anything, it's the game of August if the choice was nothing or this.

This totally feels like a game that was greenlit just to pad out the year, tbh.
Development of the Wii U's Zelda remasters took just 1 year, so a port of existing work would be even faster. SM3DAS was completed in 6 months, so a Hagi port of Donkey Kong Country Returns, Galaxy 2, F-Zero GX, whatever, if Nintendo needed fillers, would be a no-brainer. This is just an experiment, the way Nintendo likes them and the way I like them as a fan, personally.

I think you're overthinking this.

This just feels like nothing but "Ho man, we need some shit to release this year because any of our anticipated projects are on the other system in 2025".
As if the general audience were targeted by this kind of little experiment. Come on. As I said earlier, if they needed to improvise in a hurry, it wouldn't be with this kind of project at all.

I kinda doubt this will sell paticularly well. It rides high on nostalgia, but i doubt that this will lure in folks.

It feels like a "fast and cheap" made thing.
I don't think Nintendo regrets releasing F-Zero 99, or Nes Remix, and I don't think we regret it either.

My big guess here even with the $30 price tag, is that this is a bonus game of sorts, something that slots in between stuff. Like this could drop next week in between Endless Ocean and Paper Mario or between Paper Mario and Luigi’s Mansion 2 for example. I just don’t see this as something that carries a month by itself even as we are nearing the end of the Switch life.

I know we’ve had a rougher year for some with more limited appeal games, but I think this is something where it wasn’t intended to be a big deal once the actual announcement happens. If we do get the alternative, like this is the big July game for example, then I think ok yeah feeling let down makes more sense. But in this limited state of info, I think we should see how this shakes out. This is just one piece of the bigger picture.
I agree completely. Let's not jump to conclusions before we know anything.

Even if it wasn't their July game, and I don't think it is at all as I said, they can obviously wait until June for a Direct. Whatever their July game is, whether it's FE4, TP/WWHD, DKCRHD, a Bamco remaster, something we are not thinking about, whatever it is, the game won't die if it's only announced in June for July.

The NES won't ever stop being cool, doesn't matter how much time it passes. And I say as someone that grew up in the 90's.

I love 8-Bit games in general, really! But the NES specifically is THE most iconic game system and library ever conceived and that won't change.

As if the general audience were targeted by this kind of little experiment. Come on. As I said earlier, if they needed to improvise in a hurry, it wouldn't be with this kind of project at all.

I don't think Nintendo regrets releasing F-Zero 99, or Nes Remix, and I don't think we regret it either.

Well looking around the web, the "enthusiast" and "nostalgia" audience isn't really vibing with this either.

That's why i also would be cautious to talk about a userbase with your "we" in the second sentence. I for example didn't play F-Zero 99 a single time, 'cause i don't like F-Zero and had enough for my lifetime with the Gamecube one. And after playing NES Remix for a few times back in the days i've had my fill and don't need another one, especially a "Challenge / Tournament" styled one with speedrunning and high-score hunting. ;]

Well looking around the web, the "enthusiast" and "nostalgia" audience isn't really vibing with this either.

That's why i also would be cautious to talk about a userbase with your "we" in the second sentence. I for example didn't play F-Zero 99 a single time, 'cause i don't like F-Zero and had enough for my lifetime with the Gamecube one. And after playing NES Remix for a few times back in the days i've had my fill and don't need another one, especially a "Challenge / Tournament" styled one with speedrunning and high-score hunting. ;]
There's absolutely nothing wrong if you're not interested in it, anyway. I'm just saying that positioning it as a back-up emmergency title seems to me a rather unlikely hypothesis.

You know things are going to be pretty dry line-up wise if this is a) an actual thing Nintendo has to release, and b) something Pyoro teases.
Nintendo fans: THERE IS NO DROUGHT DON'T QUESTION DADDY NINTENDO

Nintendo fans when the sequel to NES Remix is the holiday game:

318b6414bc4767fcfcd116cd636ce7e5b39c8f76.gif

If someone is taking this seriously, don't

I would point out we're coming up on the end of the Famicom's 40th anniversary. Last July(?) they launched that anniversary website and I think a lot of people were wondering "that's it, not even an NES Remix port as a tie-in?"

So I don't think this is a "red alert, Switch 2 delayed, get a quick and dirty emergency game out ASAP to salvage 2024" move. I think the plan was always to have this just pop up out of nowhere to cap off the Famicom's 40th anniversary

Just want to let you know, the Wii generation is in their 30s.

The NES generation is in their 50s and are probably looking to retire soon.
I grew up with an NES and I'm 38 wtf

Though I guess I feel 50, so there's that 😅

But mostly, while I appreciate NES nostalgia stuff I really wish Nintendo would cater more to SNES nostalgia every once in a while. Indies have scratched that itch really good but I'd like to see Nintendo themselves do more with it. Like F-Zero 99, that was so awesome that they did that.

Nintendo fans: THERE IS NO DROUGHT DON'T QUESTION DADDY NINTENDO

Nintendo fans when the sequel to NES Remix is the holiday game:

318b6414bc4767fcfcd116cd636ce7e5b39c8f76.gif

If someone is taking this seriously, don't
On a more serious note, I think it would be unfair to blame this hypothetical drought on a $30 game in the vein of NES Remix rather than symbolizing it by remasters, already released like Mario Vs DK, about to be released like Arlo HD, or that we'd like to see released (me first) like the Wii U Zelda, for example.

I would point out we're coming up on the end of the Famicom's 40th anniversary. Last July(?) they launched that anniversary website and I think a lot of people were wondering "that's it, not even an NES Remix port as a tie-in?"

So I don't think this is a "red alert, Switch 2 delayed, get a quick and dirty emergency game out ASAP to salvage 2024" move. I think the plan was always to have this just pop up out of nowhere to cap off the Famicom's 40th anniversary
Yeah, Nintendo are always happy to have budget releases; we were getting things like Snipperclips and 1-2 Switch at launch. It's a fairly persistent feature of their line up and the reaction would be less "ugh this is just filler crap" if we weren't in the starting phase of year 8 without any official word on hardware; or if they'd launched more than 2 new games in the last six months.

2024's line up screams "minimal resource investment" as a whole, but let's not pretend Nintendo only do budget releases when they have nothing else.

Might find another post for your post, since the delay rumors hit i've been expecting a very dry year.
Speak for yourself, I’ve had a blast with sending my Wii U off into the sunset and finally putting in the work with some of my backlog this year. Finally busting open the wine cellar that is my backlog feels good.

I am not capable of being excited for something NES-related, but that's okay, I have a bunch of stuff to play.

On a more serious note, I think it would be unfair to blame this hypothetical drought on a $30 game in the vein of NES Remix rather than symbolizing it by remasters, already released like Mario Vs DK, about to be released like Arlo HD, or that we'd like to see released (me first) like the Wii U Zelda, for example.
WHAT DID I WRITE IN SPOILER TAGS 😭

NWC is a big sleep moment but I hope its revealed in a direct or direct mini and not just a drop by itself. That'd be super boring

Pyoro will not know about Switch 2 for sure. This ain't something uploaded on eShop or ratings whatever. If they will say something about Switch 2 on May 7th he will not know shit. It will be only in a press release.

I am surprised how quickly a game is written off without any official information. I am more curious if this will be announced in a Nintendo Direct next week. I believe at some point during the financials/investor stuff they announced a Nintendo Direct shortly after or even during.

Well, this solves the no-July-game phenonemon in my opinion. Pretty sure this fits like a glove: a smaller title for which it makes sense to only be revealed a couple months before release.

Looking forward to see what it is. Never played the og nor NES Remix, but it sure could be interesting. And if not, it is also not a big deal as TTYD is out in 3 weeks!

I am surprised how quickly a game is written off without any official information. I am more curious if this will be announced in a Nintendo Direct next week. I believe at some point during the financials/investor stuff they announced a Nintendo Direct shortly after or even during.

It's possible for newt week but I think it will be for june as usual :)

NWC is exactly the kind of smaller game that could fill in July with a very short announcement to release window - if that’s the case then I think we are back on track for a usual June Direct probably the week or two after SGF.

No. Famicom remix was a the branding in Japan, and I’m pretty sure they can call it famicom edition and be fine (though it isn’t like Japan doesn’t know what the NES is).
More so curious because of the NWC branding, actually, what did they do for branding for the mode in Famicom Remix 2?

Many thanks to Pyoro to getting this thread back into hype mode. The check is in the mail. 😅
There were some dire times that’s for sure. At least now we will get enough “this is coming to switch” comments and rumors based on other events coming up to keep the thread moving.

More so curious because of the NWC branding, actually, what did they do for branding for the mode in Famicom Remix 2?
They also used the NWC branding for Mario Maker levels too, although I’m not sure what the JP names are for those levels.

They also used the NWC branding for Mario Maker levels too, although I’m not sure what the JP names are for those levels.
The Splatoon and Mario Kart tournaments that Nintendo has held in Japan use the World Championship branding, even having a very similar logo.
World-Championship-Splatoon-3-1024x576.jpeg

So I think the branding is already global at this point.

What of NWC NES Edition is basically a new NES Remix again?
I would assume it is effectively this but presumably with a bigger online multiplayer emphasis and perhaps some rankings and such. Maybe ongoing challenges so long as Nintendo feel like it.

Back
Top Bottom