• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

People who grew up with the Wii are at most in their late 20's or very early 30's. Like, if you were 12 when the Wii came out you'd only just be turning 30. And I'd imagine most people start playing videogames before they're 12.

Last edited:
Heck, I'm the Gamecube Generation and I'm still in my 20s. Don't try and age up the Wii kids!
Yeah that's me too. Though I figured I was probably younger than most when I got my first console. The twelve I threw out was the absolute edge of what i'd consider someone's childhood, and even they'd only just be thirty.

Personally my guesses would be Indieszero, EPD 4, or possibly Arika, in that order

Now watch it be, like, Wayforward or something completely out of left-field
Given Arika have just shipped a new game and also did support work for several other games in the last few years, I'd be surprised if they were involved in this.

The sensible bet really is indieszero and EPD given the co-development arrangements for the original NES Remix games, as well as Brain Training and Big Brain Academy on Switch. In the latter two cases EPD and indieszero both supplied part of a small development team (100ish staff).

Honestly would have been a really cool announcement had it not been for the wild speculation! Bit of a shame really

I’m gonna say it again though, if this is an ‘old Shit’ year… where is the old shit that I want?
sorry zelda scrub this is the niche garbage old shit year

mainstream old shit year will be from this fall to when switch 2 comes out in fall of 2025
Gamecube = Mainstream
Custom Robo = niche

Maybe sometime before I'm six feet underground if I'm lucky 🙃

Personally my guesses would be Indieszero, EPD 4, or possibly Arika, in that order

Now watch it be, like, Wayforward or something completely out of left-field
It's me, I made it, the ninjas came to LevelUp Toronto and loved my shitty card battler so much they commissioned me on the spot to make the game, I hope you all enjoy: )

Okay so since we now know what Pyoro was hinting towards, two questions have been running over my head:
1. Will this be revealed in a social media post or in some sort of Nintendo Direct/Direct mini?
2. Will this be shadowdropped or do we wait a few months before it's release?

Since we've already recieved an ESRB rating for WCS NES Edition, I'd like to assume it'll be shadowdropped, but Nintendo doesn't usually shadowdrop a game through a social media announcement not counting NSO drops, it's usually through Nintendo Directs, correct me if I'm wrong on that, of course.

Seeing as a June direct has been heavily speculated and the year already starting off abnormally with a Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase in Feburary instead of the usual general one, and now Hi-Fi Rush and WCS NES Edition have both recently been rated, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did a Nintendo Direct in May.

no we're not
Let's face it my friend, we are getting old.

Anyone who was 12 when the Wii was released is now 30 years old. And that number is just going to grow with each passing year.

And the biggest audience for games are people 18-34. After that, the market perspectives go way down. Most people older than that just stop playing games.

To put this into perspective, the Wii is now older than the SNES was when the Wii came out.

It's only going to get worse off from here.

But it's really damn disappointing that Nintendo refuses to really throw us a bone on releasing their old games from that time period, and keep regurgitating NES games.

Anyone who was 12 when the Wii was released is now 30 years old. And that number is just going to grow with each passing year.

And the biggest audience for games are people 18-34. After that, the market perspectives go way down. Most people older than that just stop playing games.

To put this into perspective, the Wii is now older than the SNES was when the Wii came out.

But it's really damn disappointing that Nintendo refuses to really throw us a bone on releasing their old games from that time period, and keep regurgitating NES games.

not if Nintendo releases the Wii again as their next console

....I may have just cracked the code for eternal youth

Okay so since we now know what Pyoro was hinting towards, two questions have been running over my head:
1. Will this be revealed in a social media post or in some sort of Nintendo Direct/Direct mini?
2. Will this be shadowdropped or do we wait a few months before it's release?

Since we've already recieved an ESRB rating for WCS NES Edition, I'd like to assume it'll be shadowdropped, but Nintendo doesn't usually shadowdrop a game through a social media announcement not counting NSO drops, it's usually through Nintendo Directs, correct me if I'm wrong on that, of course.

Seeing as a June direct has been heavily speculated and the year already starting off abnormally with a Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase in Feburary instead of the usual general one, and now Hi-Fi Rush and WCS NES Edition have both recently been rated, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did a Nintendo Direct in May.
Nah, this is a Twitter drop announcement for a later physical release. Pyoro says it’s a $30 game and every game in that price range (Everybody 1-2 Switch, Metroid Prime Remastered, Switch Sports, Big Brain Academy, etc) got a physical release, so shadowdropping feels unlikely. Especially when Endless Ocean and Paper Mario are both this month too.

This is most likely gonna be July’s game, meaning they can start promoting it before a June Direct where the rest of the year’s lineup is revealed.

I don't think we should just assume "oh this proves 2024 will be empty, everything was moved to 2025 and they made this game quickly". We've had smaller and/or budget games for the entirety of Switch's life.

Everybody 1-2 Switch was ready for awhile before it came out. Games we'd consider higher profile like Metroid Prime Remastered and Fire Emblem Engage were sat on for almost a year and a half. F-Zero 99 apparently was in development since late 2020 IIRC?

I don't really think we should underestimate the game before even seeing it. If they're charging 30 $ instead of adding it to NSO, it's probably an experimental title using NES games and NWC is just a title for something like an spiritual successor to NES Remix.

It's something that would come now drought or not. For all we know it can be shadow dropped in May or come in June that already has a game. It changes nothing imo. I mean, a more exciting outcome (coupling with the Rainbow Curse trademark above and the fact that Pyoro starts leaking Directs about a week before) would be it being announced on a Direct(or maybe shadow dropped with a physical release coming later?) next week, alongside the H2 games. But I know it's far fetched.

I mean I would consider myself a Wii kid and I'm 24

who goes by what console came out when they were 12? should I have immense Wii U nostalgia or something?

hm well I suppose I do

Yeah acting like Wii kids are in their 30's is kinda absurd imo lol. If you were 12 when the Wii released, then you'd be more of a Gamecube kid, no? That would've released when you were 7, and I'm sure many people even started playing games before they were 7!

mine was a famicom clone 🥲

edit:
s-l1600.jpg

with "super mario bro"
93521-1.jpg

the game was MC kids hack with Mario in it

Last edited:
My first console was a second hand Master System.
They were like everywhere in Europe. I was trying to find some SNES games to trade in video stores during my summer vacations and every store there were shelves full of Master System games. A LOT of them.

my first console was a Genesis but i'm still more nostalgic for the Gamecube that came out when I was 11 than I am for either that or the N64 I had beforehand

I guess I need to follow back up on this conversation. I did retweet Pyoro yesterday. What are you guys even talking about? Hahaha.

Edit: Oh, I think I understand what happened now. My retweet was interpreted as proof that this was Switch 2-related? But I exist beyond Switch 2 info, guys, hahaha.

I even wore my prized NWC 2015 t-shirt to my livestream yesterday =P

image.png
You tease 🤭

--------

In all seriousnjess, how do we know this is a July game and not a shadowdrop?

My first console was a second hand Master System.
same here! A common story in Brazil too;

I still remember my dad setting the console up on the TV via those terrible RF forks and seeing the fuzzy image of Sonic for the first time! (I was forever cursed since then)

Yeah acting like Wii kids are in their 30's is kinda absurd imo lol. If you were 12 when the Wii released, then you'd be more of a Gamecube kid, no? That would've released when you were 7, and I'm sure many people even started playing games before they were 7!
My first console was an NES when I was 3

the game was MC kids hack with Mario in it
That's hilarious and amazing ❤️

I’m a millennial dangit
Congrats on being responsible for the fall of literally everything according to all major American media outlets 🤘

My first console was an NES when I was 3

That's hilarious and amazing ❤️

Congrats on being responsible for the fall of literally everything according to all major American media outlets 🤘
Good thing I’m not in North America then :3

Society could do worse though

I just noticed your new avatar, as a huge transformers fan, I approve.
The new comics with Image are pretty damn amazing.

Ehh. That's not much better.
It is!

Serious answer, I really don’t care what some people think about millennials. Its a petpeeve of mine, I had a manager of mine talk very dismissively of millennials.

It was really weird and hostile at times. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

The new comics with Image are pretty damn amazing.

It is!

Serious answer, I really don’t care what some people think about millennials. Its a petpeeve of mine, I had a manager of mine talk very dismissively of millennials.

It was really weird and hostile at times. Left a bad taste in my mouth.
I'm behind a few issues but I need to stop by a conic store soon to get them

The first four I read were pretty good

My first console was technically an NES; my parents had one that someone gave them as a wedding gift and it was sorta treated more like a board game (something to take out for a rainy afternoon here and there). They only had like 3 cartridges, but one of them was the SMB/Duck Hunt combo so that was pretty neat. It's also why I have a weird soft spot for Urban Champion of all things

Other than that, my first real experience with video games was the GBC and then N64 soon after. Thinking about the timeline though, I must have gotten in at the real tail end of things; got the GBC with Pokemon Yellow in like kindergarten or 1st grade, and then the GBA and Gamecube would have been a thing maybe a year or two later

All of this talk has me wishing they were re-releasing the original Luigi's Mansion on Switch and not Dark Moon.

I'll always love that games vibe, it has a very strange, dream-like quality to me, though that might also be because I first played it when I was 3. Honestly, it's almost certainly the first game I ever played, or at the very least the first I remember.

We had a Sega Genesis before that (We never had a console from the N64/Saturn/PS1 generation, probably because they came out right when my older brother was born and he was just fine playing the old Genesis when he got a little older), and my mom says I used to watch my brother play it and ask him what it said on the screen, but I don't remember any of that. The Gamecube was the first that I really remember and what I consider my childhood console.

my first console was probably technically my older sister's playstation

but really it was a crappy genesis/mega drive plug and play with six games

Back
Top Bottom