• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey kids! Did you ever want to learn what 2016 was like for Nintendo fans? Well, good news! Now you will!
looks at my 2016 ballot at the old place

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Monster Hunter Generations
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse
Bravely Second: End Layer
7th Dragon III Code: VFD
Pokemon Sun/Moon
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice

I had a great year, thanks

Nintendo it’s time, you’re in the gutter and have no games for 2024, release mother 3 worldwide, it’s the perfect time.
Funny thing.
I am super curious now to see what surprise games Nintendo has in store for the rest of 2024.
I bet we gon be shocked af over some if their announcements

It's happening?
The upside of this whole 2025 release story is that if true, we get some sweet final switch releases this year
Honestly, picture the tentpole slate for 2024 being
  • Thousand-Year Door Remake
  • Wind Waker and/or Twilight Princess HD
  • possibly a new Donkey Kong
  • Xenoblade X Definitive
  • Metroid Prime 4
If this had been pitched years ago we wouldn't say "sounds like a dull lineup for the 7th year." Nintendo can still pull off a decent 2024.

I don’t need to work in the game industry to tell you they can probably just put Xenoblade X in the game making machine, hit the big red port button, and release it on Switch in a couple months
I don't work in the industry either, but the people involved, Monolith, have said several times that it's a bit more complicated than that, unfortunately. Even if one of the main obstacles, storage, has probably been overcome by the relatively recent availability of 32GB cartridges, used by The Witcher 3 and TOTK, for example (although it seems that a 16GB cartridge would have sufficed for Totk, which seems to indicate an industrial choice by EPD to push these cartridges). There remains, however, the whole tactile aspect of the game to be reworked. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but I don't think it's as simple as that, not at all.

Nintendo's new 2024:

January: Another Code Recollection
February: Mario vs DK, Side Order
March: Princess Peach Showtime
April: launch of NSO Select discounts
May: Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
June: Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
July: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
August: nothing
September: Kid Icarus: Uprising HD
October: Fortune Street Nintendo All-Stars Edition, Metroid Prime 4
November: Pokémon Whatever
December: NSO Selects round 2
I think Prime 4 is September. October will be all about the Nintendo Switch 2, just like 2016-2017.

I love new hardware announcements especially from Nintendo. However, the older I’ve become, the less the anticipation has affected me. Time just passes differently.

While I completely understand how a lot of y’all are feeling, I can’t get there anymore. For example, I put an order in for a video game hardware mod. I probably won’t get it until end of March yet my thinking is “I can’t believe it’s already been a week.” Similarly, I feel as if the next thing I know, I’ll be playing Switch 2.

Here’s a comic to cheer y’all up:

CEB729-DA-40-FD-41-AF-BDCC-0499-BD001-FCD.jpg

The biggest tragedy of this news is that 3d mario was a shoe in for finally winning the game of the year award and now it has lost it’s chance yet again unless gta 6 gets delayed to 2026 (not that unlikely tbh)
Palworld will win game of the year

Funny thing.
I am super curious now to see what surprise games Nintendo has in store for the rest of 2024.
I bet we gon be shocked af over some if their announcements
Brazil said he was excited for some stuff coming in 2024. I believe he stated there is a mix of new games and remasters.

• Xenoblade X Definitive
  • Metroid Prime 4
If this had been pitched years ago we wouldn't say "sounds like a dull lineup for the 7th year." Nintendo can still pull off a decent 2024.
This would be a great lineup but I doubt X and a new Donkey Kong are coming this year.

The biggest tragedy of this news is that 3d mario was a shoe in for finally winning the game of the year award and now it has lost it’s chance yet again unless gta 6 gets delayed to 2026 (not that unlikely tbh)
what happened in 2007?

I know Galaxy 2 had stiffer competition with Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2 tho

• Xenoblade X Definitive
  • Metroid Prime 4
The problem is that with the console being delayed I don’t think Nintendo has a good release slate ready for the rest of the year, I don’t expect any of those games to be released except paper mario and maybe the 2 zelda.
The problem is less no switch 2 this year but nintendo has been caught with their pants down and they’ll probably have a pretty bad year like 2020 without animal crossing .

This would be a great lineup but I doubt X and a new Donkey Kong are coming this year.
oh honestly I doubt it too, I'm just saying it's possible for Nintendo to pull a rabbit out of a hat in terms of a 2024 lineup while the industry at large is freaking out over when new hardware will launch.

There has to be some kind of exclusive showing up in the Partner Showcase, right? Otherwise how the hell are we getting out of March with only one game dated?
I mean we'll probably get something dated via Twitter before the end of March

But also Xenoblade Warriors confirmed

• Xenoblade X Definitive
  • Metroid Prime 4
I will sign up right now if you add F Zero GX

There has to be some kind of exclusive showing up in the Partner Showcase, right? Otherwise how the hell are we getting out of March with only one game dated?
This is the craziest part for me, I feel like there needs to be something communicated in February.

Prime 4 also needs to just come out this year. It may get a port or a performance bump, but I really feel there’s no way they’re holding it for Switch 2 at this point.

The problem is that with the console being delayed I don’t think Nintendo has a good release slate ready for the rest of the year, I don’t expect any of those games to be released except paper mario and maybe the 2 zelda.
The problem is less no switch 2 this year but nintendo has been caught with their pants down and they’ll probably have a pretty bad year like 2020 without animal crossing .
Wouldn't this be more comparable to 2021? Just with a lot more Mario.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl -> Pokemon Deep Black and Blinding White

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD -> Windwaker HD

Famicom Detective Club -> Another Code Recollection

Super Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury -> Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (remake/remaster with extra content)

Miitopia -> Luigi's Mansion 2 HD (3DS remake)

Animal Crossing New Horizons: Happy Home Paradise -> Splatoon 3: Side Order

I don't think it'll get nearly as bad as 2020.

I mean we'll probably get something dated via Twitter before the end of March

But also Xenoblade Warriors confirmed
I meant to say February lol, but even then we'll only have one game dated at the end of March. What the hell is happening?

remember all those games that didn’t get ported to the switch because the switch 2 is around the corner so they were just going to be switch 2 games?
Well that’s going to be akward

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is going to smack Palworld off the stage it will hurt Geoff.

Palworld isn't out of early access yet, and even if it was it wouldn't win shit.

• Xenoblade X Definitive
  • Metroid Prime 4
This sounds right

My guess is a new 3D Mario and a new Mario Kart for the first year of Switch 2

New DK seems like the strongest bet for non-remake game from Nintendo

Pyoro indicated Level-5 will have a presence at the partner direct and Fantasy Life i is a Switch exclusive that's supposed to be out this summer so .... it's not exactly the most exciting outcome but I'd say there's at least one exclusive that's a near-lock to be there

Tbh I was really hoping to see the next switch soon because I don’t know what console to buy for third party games, especially souls games, and the idea of playing elden ring portably was really exciting.
Now I have to wait for a year without knowing if the next switch will be supported by third parties that I want and I don’t want to buy a ps5 that costs a ton and doesn’t even have anything that interests me.
I might just rebuy a used ps4 for 100€ just to play the old souls games now. I don’t even have a big backlog on my switch because I played through most of it since I expected switch 2 to release this year. This is so lame.

So erm, would this still be a Partner if the 2025 news is also correct? That'd be a double whammy of welp right there: no Switch 2 this year and no full-fat Direct.

The rumour mill hasn't been this confusing since Switch Pro 2021!

Nintendo about to break out Even More Old Shit

Joke's on them, 5 of 6 games I've completed this year are Old Shit, and most of the games in my Pile are Old Shit and I love every second of it.

I wish that would work but the last time this person got himself worked up over nothing and it came crashing down, he broke one of my windows.

...yes I know I need better friends.
Oof yeah I don't think Kyle can be reasoned with

It makes me sad all these franchises got to have the Switch effect and release and be successful but Star Fox never got a shot. If it weren’t for Ubisoft we would have nothing 😞

Release the game in November 2024, then release the console in 2025 and advertise it as the only console where the user can play the GOTY 2024.

Nintendo Presents - The Old Stuff Year:
  • Another Code Recollection
  • Mario vs DK
  • Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
  • @Derachi
  • Windwaker HD
  • Pokemon Black and White remakes

Does Nintendo realize if I’m spending $400?on a new console I don’t need a bunch of ($70) games with it at launch. Just give me 1-2 Switch solid ones and space the rest throughout the year. No need to delay anymore Nintendo, come back to 2024 now please

• Xenoblade X Definitive
  • Metroid Prime 4
The issue is I won't be playing any of those games on the Switch lol. I'm not even planning to play TTYD Remake if it's actually 30fps as it looks it might be. I need all those games to come out on the Switch 2.

Does Nintendo realize if I’m spending $400?on a new console I don’t need a bunch of ($70) games with it at launch. Just give me 1-2 Switch solid ones and space the rest throughout the year. No need to delay anymore Nintendo, come back to 2024 now please
But that’s probably what you’re going to get at march, 1-2 games at launch and then the rest spaced out throughout the year, it’s just that they weren’t ready for that by this holiday so they delayed it.
I don’t think the problem games are 3d mario and mario kart but more the rest of the schedule for 2025, they don’t want a big release and then wait 6 months for the next switch 2 games.
Also with this delay I guess we won’t have a big cross gen period at all.

• Xenoblade X Definitive
  • Metroid Prime 4
On a personal level, this would unironically be the third best year for me after 2017 and 2023. Assuming the ‘and’ between the Zeldas.

But that’s probably what you’re going to get at march, 1-2 games at launch and then the rest spaced out throughout the year, it’s just that they weren’t ready for that by this holiday so they delayed it.
I don’t think the problem games are 3d mario and mario kart but more the rest of the schedule for 2025, they don’t want a big release and then wait 6 months for the next switch 2 games.
Also with this delay I guess we won’t have a big cross gen period at all.
i still hope this year isn’t a wash but to have a Switch 2 launch with a steady cadence of games throughout the year would be great. The way I read Eurogamer’s article:

“ The console's launch moving into early next year - but still within the coming financial year - is designed to ensure Switch 2's launch line-up features as many titles as possible, Eurogamer understands.“

Made it seem like they just want launch day stacked lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom