• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still hope this year isn’t a wash but to have a Switch 2 launch with a steady cadence of games throughout the year would be great. The way I read Eurogamer’s article:

“ The console's launch moving into early next year - but still within the coming financial year - is designed to ensure Switch 2's launch line-up features as many titles as possible, Eurogamer understands.“

Made it seem like they just want launch day stacked lol
To me that launch line-up will translate into a launch window line-up in the end.
I think just like the switch Nintendo wants a long stream of games for the year of release to keep big momentum, sacrificing the 8 year of the switch to gain that is probably a risk they’re willing to make.

I'm fine with Switch 2 in March 2025 if we can still get some good steady releases. Give me WWHD or TPHD (they aren't gonna bundle them, we should accept that).

Square Enix needs to finally drop DQ3.

NSO GameCube games would be something good to carry hype through the holidays.

Gimme a Switch Micro.

OMG! I'm just catching up on the news.

SO IT'S OVER? LIKE OVER-OVER!!? Not over, not Joever, not ovah, IT'S THE REAL DEAL, ETERNAL DARKNESS TIME! 😱

Holy shit what a week, lol.

Fine Nintendo. It's your loss. I'll just play all of those Sony first party games coming out this year instead!

RmR9pDg.gif
I keep seeing this argument but the big difference is that the current gen AAA third party games coming out are almost all being bought either on PS5 or Steam.

Microsoft is definitely screwed though.

I still think Metroid Prime 4 is likely a 2024 release.

NateDrake tweeted that he's only aware of a Switch 1 version of the game.

I don't think we should freak out over the Switch 2 missing 2024 in terms of the games to be released this year.

I mean, it's not like every year we didn't think the year was gonna suck ever since 2021 just so after the year was done we put it on the best year of Switch lists. Sure, it can be a more barren year like 2018 and 2020, but it's not like they'll have Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion and fill gaps with hagi ports.

I suspect the reason the Switch 2 was delayed was to have a steady flow of exclusive games in the first 12 months. If Switch 2 released this year it'd rely on cross gen more than anything, I could see it coming alongside 3D Mario in the fall and then waiting until spring for a second block buster exclusive in Mario Kart.

Games that at first were supposed to be cross gen are now back to being Switch first (and enhanced later). I think, as far as major releases go, we can have Pokémon (all but confirmed), Mario Party(it's time) and Donkey Kong (in development for awhile and wouldn't gain much from being Switch 2 only, would be a welcomed cross gen but they ain't holding it back if it's better suited as a Switch game).

Of course, ports/remasters will be a big part of the year to fill the gaps, but in which year they weren't?? I think only 2022?

With Nintendo just last year only announcing their big fall title 4 months before its release, I don't think we should panic over no general in February. Stuff like Mario Party and Donkey Kong wouldn't be announced outside of the June presentation anyways. With Grubb saying he's heard some Metroid news in May, we might get a general that month instead, with Q1 being more focused in Peach and LM2HD and TTYD being dated on Twitter drops.

I don't know if I'm happy with Metroid Prime 4 being 2024 I feel insane for saying that as someone who'd sacrifice the Switch 2 just to get it out sooner...

I mean, being a swan song/releasing on the dying months of a console DEFINITELY works for Pokémon, TLOU II, FF VII Remake and I'm pretty sure will work for Donkey Kong and Mario Party as well, but... I don't know if it'll be good for MP4.

I mean I'm pretty sure it'll sell enough for what Nintendo is expecting (or they'd rather move it to be cross gen) and even outsell Dread but I was hoping it could get a boost from being released early in the next console's life and being the logical second buy after 3D Mario. I mean Dread kinda already was a breakout hit, all things considered, and it was the launch title of OLED.

Maybe having a deluxe version/Switch 2 box afterwards will also do the trick? Or maybe being a holiday title and potentially winning GOTY will give it a boost too? I'm sure a lot of people from different noches will be eager to get new games for the holidays.

I’d really appreciate an update on Prime 2/3 from any insider x’( I know they’ve been mentioned by people other than Grubb before.

I hope we really aren’t just gonna have a year of remakes and remasters from them. At least give me an Animal Crossing spinoff, Ninty.

Btw it’s probably time for me to go on a blackout from social media and Famiboards.
I’ll probably wait for the partners showcase before doing that and then I’ll leave for a while.
I expect most of the discussions to become pretty miserable this year and I don’t I’ll be able to stand them.

Pyoro retweeted that thread saying that it wasn't a hint, and it's unclear if they were talking about the original tweet or the entire thread.
They were talking about the "Rebirth" part of it. Said they were referring to the Famiboards thread title which they liked.

Question for the thread: you can have all of those OR you can have Metroid Prime 4 in 2024, one or the other, which do you pick?
Easily MP4. I have all the others already on Wii/WiiU. Sure it’s a pain to dig out and get it hooked up again, but MP4 is a whole new game.

Question for the thread: you can have all of those OR you can have Metroid Prime 4 in 2024, one or the other, which do you pick?
I take all those and wait for MP4 in 2025, hoping the game is cross gen and has better performance/visuals on Switch 2(If not, I’ll gladly play it regardless). I’ve waited this long, so another year or so won’t bother me at all. As much as I’m anticipating the next chapter in the Prime series, all we have to go off of is a small teaser with a logo that was probably thrown together within a day.

At this point the wait for Prime 4's been so long, what's another year or two?

I'd be fine waiting longer for the thing that I know is happening eventually (Metroid Prime 4) if it meant also getting things that weren't guaranteed to ever happen (those games being ported to Switch)

Prime 4, but if you changed one of those titles to a Star Fox game, it gets a lot more tempting

I'm normally just a lurker but I just wanted to point out that Pyoro liked this tweet:

He basically just confirmed it fellow P-heads, Mr P made it in!

Feel like I'm going a little crazy here - do people think 2024 is a "barren" year in the industry as a whole? It's February and we've already had multiple GotY candidate titles, including:
  • Prince of Persia
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Helldivers 2
  • Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth
  • Tekken 8
  • Granblue Fantasy Relink
And have these in the next three months:
  • FF7 Rebirth
  • Unicorn Overlord
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Princess Peach
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes
  • Stellar Blade
  • Hellblade 2
  • Homeworld 3
And have these in the rest of the year (and these are only ones dated for this year, off the top of my head):
  • STALKER 2
  • Paper Mario TTYD
  • Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine 2
  • Indiana Jones
  • Avowed
This...is barren? And again, it's February. Nintendo hasn't had a single presentation yet this year - and the above is just off the top of my head! Seems to me there's already something for everyone, with more on the way to be announced.

If anything, it feels bad there being such a huge schedule of impressive games releasing and seeing sales records set left and right when it's such a bad time in the industry for the people making them.

Caught up on the thread today. Wow, loved the shoutout from Pyoro, that was wild to wake up to. Glad y’all liked the thread refresh too :)

Going to take some time to think about the big news coming out today. Sort of wondering if they might slip in a new Nintendo game into the Partner’s Direct. “Hey here’s 30 mins of games from our partners, plus one game of ours” sort of thing. It’s still primarily a third party show then and keeps the Partner Showcase branding, but we get info on whatever game is after Peach just to give themselves a little more room there. It has remained a possibility the next thing in line is some small Pokemon spinoff I guess so that could come from Pokemon day, but I still feel it’s plausible to see especially with the delay.

As for the big Switch 2 delay that’s super interesting. I’ve always felt even when the new thing launched we’d still be getting cross gen games and remasters/remakes made a lot of sense to keep Switch 1 supported so in that sense I’m not too worried about the 2024 line up even if it might be more low key. Fire Emblem Genealogy should surely remain in the mix and long rumored Donkey Kong is probably one of them. I’m a little sad after waiting so long, Prime 4 probably will remain just a Switch 1 game just for this holiday, but I’m very excited to play it and I’m sure it’ll be awesome with Retro handling it (#trusttheprocess after all).

Anyway yeah, lot to think about for where everything might fit.

Honestly, I think it doesn’t really matter what Nintendo release this year. Third party support has got so good for the Switch that there’s always something to play. This wasn’t the case in 2018 or whenever the last drought was.

Throw in some remastered Zeldas, Prime 4, Paper Mario and maybe Ring Fit 2 and you’ve got a perfectly cromulent year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom