• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am off base, but I would think if Nintendo was planning on launching a new console Holiday ‘24 with some new first party titles, it would be better for 3rd parties to launch their titles Q1 2025

...Man what the fuck.

My ire at the end of the day always comes back to Nintendo. They're so keen on "surprising" their fans, when are they gonna give us a good surprise to be excited about?

Obviously harassment is never called for, and anyone who does that is wrong, full stop. But it stands to reason that, if leakers like Nate expect props when their leaks are proven true, it's perfectly valid to question their reliability when leaks also fail to come to pass. Why is this controversial

Obviously harassment is never called for, and anyone who does that is wrong, full stop. But it stands to reason that, if leakers like Nate expect props when their leaks are proven true, it's perfectly valid to question their reliability when leaks also fail to come to pass. Why is this controversial
There have been pages and pages and pages and pages of discussion on why it's controversial, but honestly at some point it's just exhausting. Absolutely nothing is set in stone. Things change all the time. That's not cope, it's not convenient shielding, it's business. Insiders try to give us a little peek into possible plans and movements, things we might be excited to hear, and if something changes or it doesn't pan out the way they were told it might, some people on this forum (to say nothing of twitter or reddit) will dedicate days to trying to snarkily trash-talk them with this air of haughtyness like the rest of us were all duped and we shoulda been smart like them by rejecting the insiders when all we're trying to do is have a little fun and peek behind the curtain. Even if someone is dead-on correct like 80-90% of the time, one miss inspires pages of people trying to insist they were never right on any of the other things to begin with, and that we're all fools for thinking they were. It's the sort of internet hate-bomb that many of us are here to avoid. It's tiring, it's exhausting, it literally inspires some of us to just leave for a while.

That's why it's controversial.

if a leaker is right 9.9/10, what reliability would you question? Like what would be the point? I mean they just know what info they received from their source, so if it doesn’t come to pass they are as in the dark as us. So it seems unnecessary and almost always leads to harassment

If these new "Switch 2 launches in 2025" rumors are true, then a Partner Direct in the near future spells a pretty dire year for Switch first-party wise. Nothing left except for a couple of niche Mario remakes and a Princess Peach spinoff whose gameplay loop is still a mystery despite being revealed 6 months ago.

Reminds me of how they coasted through the latter half of 2023 with Tears of the Kingdom, Pikmin 4, and nothing else.

If these new "Switch 2 launches in 2025" rumors are true, then a Partner Direct in the near future spells a pretty dire year for Switch first-party wise. Nothing left except for a couple of niche Mario remakes and a Princess Peach spinoff whose gameplay loop is still a mystery despite being revealed 6 months ago.

Reminds me of how they coasted through the latter half of 2023 with Tears of the Kingdom, Pikmin 4, and nothing else.
The biggest release in the latter half of the year was Mario Wonder. They also had the Mario RPG remake, the Pokémon DLC, WarioWare, and probably something else that I'm forgetting.

There will most likely be a few smaller releases this year, and then at least one major fall release. Currently I would bet on Pokémon getting a new remake for release in November. There are going to be games this year, don't worry.

The biggest release in the latter half of the year was Mario Wonder. They also had the Mario RPG remake, the Pokémon DLC, WarioWare, and probably something else that I'm forgetting.

There will most likely be a few smaller releases this year, and then at least one major fall release. Currently I would bet on Pokémon getting a new remake for release in November. There are going to be games this year, don't worry.
Nintendo published 14 Switch games last year, and distributed or assisted publication on 6 more last year. 20 games in total.

Sony has published 22 games for the PS5 since 2020.

All being said, we're eating okay.

Currently hearing from my sources the Switch 2 release date is 2027, now. Nintendo decided that after having delayed it anyway, it would be symbolic to release it on the Switch's 10 year anniversary.

This year’s looking pretty dire across the board for gaming. Sony don’t have anything substantial planned for this year outside of maybe the SM2 expansion, MS only have one major dated game and it ended up being smaller in scope than people expected, and now we have the news from Nintendo.

Looking at upcoming game releases on the 3P front and it’s almost just as bad. After DD2 and Unicorn Overlord there’s not that much going on. If AC Red really does get pushed back to CY 25 then the only remaining titles this year with any form of mass appeal are annual sports titles and Pokemon. I really hope this doesn’t get reflected on devs in a bad way, last year was already unfairly rough.

We have already moved on Direct Talk, we are now moved to talk about Switch 2 March 2925 Talk, man get with the Time. 😂

Give him a break, his TARDIS broke down somewhere and he had to fight some aliens invading a planet and when he finally got back to Earth, he returned a day later then he thought. :)

If the NG Switch is delayed into early 2025 and we don't get an announcement in March, is the next time we get a General Direct June or July?

Oh... it's a Partner Direct? pretends to be shocked
79309188d31dda178cc3aafb464c70c0.gif

Since another code remake, Mario versus donkey Kong remake, and princess peach Showtime were all dated back in September Nintendo direct, at that time Nintendo was planning to launch switch 2 Holiday 2024. Now that there’s been “internal delay” to March 2025, Nintendo probably spreads out Luigi’s mansion and paper Mario and whatever else is for 2024 even more just to get to next year

Realistically, moving back the Switch 2 release only one Quarter isn't a ton of time but it missing on the holiday season this year seems really, really rough. Especially with the current slate of games we have. The assumption was always that we might be in for a fairly slow middle of the year but that the Switch 2 would bump everything up at the end, but if that's not the case... hmm.

As long as we get a reveal soon and there's still a big showcase in the summer then I'll be happy, but I really hope that this is just that some publishers aren't going to have games out until early 2025 even though the system is still coming in late 2024.
Maybe Nintendo thinks Switch 1 is still continuing to sell very well and are trying to milk out one last holiday season from it. Switch 2 will sell regardless of whether it's holiday season or not, so save it for 2025?

I was telling my wife about all this drama and she said

"None of these guys online actually know anything, you should just listen to me"

and I said

"So when's the next Nintendo Direct?"

and she said

"Never"

So, there you have it. Probably about the same reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom