• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! Guess they really did get a bit scared by having Xbox's Business Update on the same day. Makes sense, a strategy update would've flooded every news source and gaming discussion above any Direct, i think.

And i guess Necro, Nate and others weren't necessarily wrong? Seems to me they really delayed it because of the Xbox thing, especially considering the entire Xbox talk wasn't even originally supposed to be announced as soon as it did, but got rushed over the rumors that a major strategy reestructure was taking place. Guess all of the Nintendo decisions were shifted due to Xbox's ones also having to shift earlier.

Pyoro’s record is essentially flawless, so I’m believing this. I knew something had to be up, because Nate is always so good with the timing of these presentations. Hopefully this does in fact mean next month is a first-party blowout - for Switch 2 hardware, but more importantly, Switch 2 AND 1 software.

A delayed partner based on the Xbox podcast doesn’t make a ton of sense as the stuff probably would have still been uploaded to the eShop 5-7 days prior to the original Direct date, but Pyoro didn’t see anything about it last week.

I'm willing to bet that Nintendo knew about the podcast before that tweet MS sent out Monday. So Grubb can be partially correct, that Nintendo did delay it for MS, but those conversations were had before this week - so nothing was ever uploaded/went through final prep/whatever. So Pyoro didn't see anything.

And everybody who did hear about a Direct date, it was correct at the time. but it's not like once it was changed that their sources would rush to update them. Not exactly a priority for them lol

So I do imagine we see an X-Box game in the Direct now. MS did say they started having these discussions in December. So I imagine Nintendo likely asked at the time if they could put it in the Feb Direct. MS said no, we're not saying anything that soon. Then yeah, shit happens and plans changed. Pretty safe to assume Nintendo could include it now - if they want to and are able to.

Hah, awesome, back on the hype train then. Pyoro remains king. They're the only one I am still willing to believe 100% at this point.

you know I don't wanna send Team Cherry mixed signals, but now I'm kinda annoyed that Leth sent that message saying that they're 'still hard at work' (or whatever) on Silksong - cos now that probly means there's no point hoping for it in this next week, right? So...blah. hah.

Do we know if Pyoro is a Metroid fan? If he’s not excited for the Partner Showcase I’m starting to think MP4 may not be there…

That was 3 days before he confirmed he didn’t hear anything. But I have to just agree to disagree with people and let them believe what they want, at the end of the day we all get a partner showcase next week to enjoy and/or be disappointed in lol
Yeah no matter what you believe we all get our amazing fun filling Partners Direct lol. Remember Nate did know the format for a while. It took time later for him to hear a date

Wait a sec.. Nintendo did a second tweet at 15 after, as well... they're not following the hourly format. It's a conspiracy I tells ya!

YESSSSS

March reveal for Switch 2 confirmed! Never thought I'd be excited for a partner direct, but here we are. Save those big first party announcements for the Switch 2. With the rumored Switch 2 lineup, it's gonna be pretty insane if they acknowledge all these games in their showcase in March or June.

Metroid Prime 4
Fire Emblem 4 Remake
3D Mario
Dragon Quest 3 HD
Maybe even DQ12?
Monster Hunter Wilds
Persona 3 Remake
Metaphor
Any of the 5 Sega revival games
New Nintendo IP
Monolith Soft new action IP?
Grezzo Game?
Astral Chain 2?

+ Switch 1 patched games like TotK, Xenoblade 3, Bayonetta 3, SMTV, Princess Peach Showtime, Paper Mario TTYD

I'm glad I overslept so I got to miss the uncertainty.

But I'm not loving that I'm on a business trip next week, so I may not be able to watch live.

Crossing my fingers that it doesn't drop while I'm busy 🤞 I don't care how good or bad it is, I wanna watch live.

And welp, again. I said a week ago that whenever the bird was willing to start singing, he was going to SING.

It just didn't bode well for this particular week.

Nate, Necro n'em still didn't deserve .01% of the shit they got because people didn't get their precious ads for their toys when they thought they were, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom