• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyoro just silenced all the people saying the Switch 2 March reveal isn't happening because insiders were wrong about a partner showcase.

GDVRBWLXIAAVus7.png

Nate is an excellent reporter. His podcast talked about Xbox way before everyone else and before it blew up. He continued to be right with Nintendo. He‘s honestly better then 95% of the mainstream news cycle. Sad und unlucky he and Necro etc. had to go through this amount of vitriol though I guess that comes with the job. Hope some people will look at their behaviour but I‘m not getting my hopes up. I wish people would recognise more what value and fun he brings to this site and others.
Peak informative entertainment.

Kinda interesting that Pyoro tweeted at exactly the usual time that directs drop.. could it be that they are seeing some kind of scheduled YouTube upload??

It’s crazy to think that all this mess has been for stupid partner showcase that no one will like

While i couldnt personally care for the spoiling red and white bird, im glad he went ahead and gave us a heads up for the Partners Direct because i really want the March Switch 2 reveal to pan out

Guess Jeff Grub was correct then.

Time to see whether Silksong appears at the Partner Showcase...
To me this means he wasn’t correct. Pyoro never heard of any direct or showcase this week. He knows of a showcase next week. Why would his source only hear of a “rescheduled” date and not the original?

...Please don't ruin the Switch 2 reveal Pyoro please...
thats when he will be getting blocked from me, if he reveals the date or week its supposed to happen that is fine but once he start teasing/revealing the content bye bye birdie. I hope Fami enforces keeping that stuff in its own thread since i would hate to avoid coming here

at least we know for sure what it is now. all this uncertainty and whatnot was killing me lol. pyoro saying theres no reason to be excited tells me there probably wont be a Surprise FE4 Announcement that fits into a partner direct by a technicality. see yall in march i suppose.

I love how people are confused over the "Act II - Rebirth" tweet when it's literally a reference to the thread you're posting in lol

But yeah, next week always seemed pretty likely after what Brazil was saying yesterday

The fact that we've gone through one of the most insane lead-ups for it to end up being a delayed partner showcase that will likely be lame is hilarious 😂

I think for many (or even most?) of us, this isn't about the Direct. Or not mainly.

It's about the implications the Direct brings for what's about to come.

March gonna be funny.

To me this means he wasn’t correct. Pyoro never heard of any direct or showcase this week. He knows of a showcase next week. Why would his source only hear of a “rescheduled” date and not the original?

Different sources would be my guess - I don’t think it’s too far fetched.

Remember, Nate believes it will be Partner showcase, and it ends up being that.

Man I feel so bad for Nate and Necro. Like, there is no big mistery to it, it is clear that they got the right date in its moment but never got aware of the delay like Jeff Grubb and Pyoro did. Receiving backslash for that is silly, and it dissappoints that some of it comes from this forum (though most people are supportive to them).

A delayed partner based on the Xbox podcast doesn’t make a ton of sense as the stuff probably would have still been uploaded to the eShop 5-7 days prior to the original Direct date, but Pyoro didn’t see anything about it last week.

I think for many (or even most?) of us, this isn't about the Direct. Or not mainly.

It's about the implications the Direct brings for what's about to come.

March gonna be funny.
Oh yes and that makes this one even more unique and fun! The implications of a partner showcase, which would usually be a disappointment, actually makes the March hardware reveal more likely. This Time that is the ultimate goal!

Pyoro did like Jeff's tweet about the delay though, so he may have.

OK.

So they're going to do a Partner Showcase without much interest. And Nintendo is saving its announcements, I hope, for next month.

A delayed partner based on the Xbox podcast doesn’t make a ton of sense as the stuff probably would have still been uploaded to the eShop 5-7 days prior to the original Direct date, but Pyoro didn’t see anything about it last week.
Occam's Razor: the delay happened before that

Xbox did their "we're listening" tweet on Feb 5. It's possible they scrambled and got Nintendo to agree to the delay shortly after that, even before they had a concrete plan for how to announce their (lack of) information

It feels unlikely to me that multiple people with decent track records would have heard of a Direct on Feb 15, followed by multiple people with decent track records (and not totally the same people) hearing about a Direct being delayed due to the Microsoft stuff, if there was never anything planned for yesterday

The fact that we've gone through one of the most insane lead-ups for it to end up being a delayed partner showcase that will likely be lame is hilarious 😂
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Different sources would be my guess - I don’t think it’s too far fetched.

Remember, Nate believes it will be Partner showcase, and it ends up being that.
I trust Nate for sure, but i’m just saying Pyoro usually knows about these presentations. He didn’t know of one this week but does next week. Also, if a game is shadowdropped in the showcase I think it’s also safe to assume they didn’t move the showcase and release date of a game for a podcast

So realistically now with the partner all but confirmed, when do you think we get LM2 HD and TTYD info? Before or after Switch 2 reveal?
Depends on when said reveal is, but I see us getting the game up first's date whenever the next free news week is, and then the next game's date sometime after that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom