• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Pyoro says they aren’t very excited about the Partner…

What if they really like farming sims and are sad that it doesn’t have very many of them featured in it? :unsure:

So Pyoro says they aren’t very excited about the Partner…

What if they really like farming sims and are sad that it doesn’t have very many of them featured in it? :unsure:
Pfffft.

But for real, it's hard to tell if Pyoro is just more of a "typical Nintendo fan" or not, at least for the time being. Not to throw shade, but if Pyoro is someone whose tastes more align with the likes of say, Tye? No shit a Partner Direct that doesn't have a bit of 1st party is going to interest them, even if it had some bangers that would delight me, like say, a Mega Man or SaGa reveal.

I havent been on here since yesterday... so its a Partner?? I dont mind I think it could be a decent show, and I will definitely watch. But all this speculation for a Partner lol

Is March really confirmed for Switch 2? I am seeing something about a "light reveal". Will it be like the Switch reveal where they show some games as well or will it be just a picture of the Switch 2? Hopefully we dont get too light of a reveal lol, im way too excited.

All aboard the Switch 2 Monorail, boarding in February and departing at GDC. Please keep your hands inside the ride. You may be thrown out the window at random intervals. Enjoy the ride!

Can we start posting (disgusting) pizza pics again???
I swear, I better not see any pizza with pepperoni on it. Shit is disgusting.

Edit: Y'all might think I'm joking, but I'm dead serious. Pepperoni sucks. Pineapple belongs on pizza, pepperoni doesn't. I made a whole thread on it when the forum first launched.

Last edited:
I gotta say I totally believe the Direct being postponed now... With people specifically hearing it was postponed and apparently Penny's Big Breakaway, a supposed shadow drop, having review copies in the wild, it kinda shows that something clearly happened behind the scenes.

I also wanna say that I really loved that Famitsu named all the four games and said all of them are coming to Switch so we don't have to go until next week arguing that one or two of the games wouldn't run or would be cloud versions.

I wonder if at the very least Hi-Fi Rush will be shadow dropped since its original release was a shadow drop or if all of them will be announced to be coming later. HFR is supposed to be Q1 so we won't wait a lot to get it anyways.

I'm super excited to play both it and Pentiment on my Switch. HFR always made my eyes glow, and Pentiment I only got to know what was after the rumors about a Switch version but I absolutely loved what I saw. I'm happy for fans of Sea of Thieves and Grounded that can now play those on the go if they want to!!

Well I gotta say that 4 first party Xbox games make it a pretty big deal for a partner already. But if Atlus would have some mercy and appear to announce some SMT remasters it'd be even better!! And also Nintendo/Koei Tecno finally announcing a new Nintendo Warriors game, Fatal Frame and localization of BL Mission Bond just to make this the best Partner Showcase ever, I'd be SUPER happy.

Shouldn‘t someone post a Thread for people who want to avoid Spoiler, since Pyoro started leaking.
It would be nice, especially for the Switch 2 reveal, I love speculating and wanna stick around but really don't wanna see spoilers for the Switch 2 reveal.

I gotta say I totally believe the Direct being postponed now... With people specifically hearing it was postponed and apparently Penny's Big Breakaway, a supposed shadow drop, having review copies in the wild, it kinda shows that something clearly happened behind the scenes.

I also wanna say that I really loved that Famitsu named all the four games and said all of them are coming to Switch so we don't have to go until next week arguing that one or two of the games wouldn't run or would be cloud versions.

I wonder if at the very least Hi-Fi Rush will be shadow dropped since its original release was a shadow drop or if all of them will be announced to be coming later. HFR is supposed to be Q1 so we won't wait a lot to get it anyways.

I'm super excited to play both it and Pentiment on my Switch. HFR always made my eyes glow, and Pentiment I only got to know what was after the rumors about a Switch version but I absolutely loved what I saw. I'm happy for fans of Sea of Thieves and Grounded that can now play those on the go if they want to!!

Well I gotta say that 4 first party Xbox games make it a pretty big deal for a partner already. But if Atlus would have some mercy and appear to announce some SMT remasters it'd be even better!! And also Nintendo/Koei Tecno finally announcing a new Nintendo Warriors game, Fatal Frame and localization of BL Mission Bond just to make this the best Partner Showcase ever, I'd be SUPER happy.
what happens with famitsu?

Aren't level 5 doing their own presentation soon anyway?
Yes, in April

In March they release the Inazuma Eleven beta (which by the way, has no date and they said they couldn't reveal it, maybe it's the announcement of the Direct since the beta will be exclusive to Nintendo Switch). In April its presentation. At the end of April Megaton Mushashi. Summer without date Fantasy Life. 2024 Inazuma Eleven. And Decapolice and Layton without year, I think I remember.

"Nintendo would never delay a Direct because of a podcast" mf'ers when Nintendo delays a Direct because of a podcast:

Boy do I ever have egg on my face. I still don't get it lol

Edit: Y'all might think I'm joking, but I'm dead serious. Pepperoni sucks. Pineapple belongs on pizza, pepperoni doesn't. I made a whole thread on it when the forum first launched.
Pepperoni is the best. Pineapple is also good though

"Nintendo would never delay a Direct because of a podcast" mf'ers when Nintendo delays a Direct because of a podcast:

the funniest thing they could do is open with Pentiment or Hi-Fi Rush

I wonder if the next time Jeff Grubb comes out with "look, I know this sounds patently stupid, but the direct might move because [patently stupid reason]", people won't just brush it off as nonsense

what happens with famitsu?
https://mynintendonews.com/2024/02/...men-sea-of-thieves-grounded-coming-to-switch/
Please! I just want SMT V Expansion and Persona 3 Reload on Switch
The fact that all DLC for V was basically released alongside the game and was super minor stuff makes me believe they started a sequel (be it an Apocalypse type direct sequel or SMT VI) rather soon after the release. The fact it shifted 1m for the first time in the franchise and did it rather quickly also leads me to believe they'd greenlight a sequel rather soon this time.

The GIGANTIC amount of high quality assets they made and the big-ass world map makes me think they'd want to reuse them so I'm still kinda hopeful we might get SMT V-2 or SMT VI more iterative rather soon. Development for V took about 4 years and it had a pandemic happening and the need to start from scratch. This time they have a lot of demon assets to pull from and even a big world map.

Persona 3 Reload I was thinking would wait for the Switch 2(not that it wouldn't run on Switch, just that it'd be a quicker port and have more spotlight being one of the launch window games for a new console) but with the rumblings that the console might take until 2025 to come... Well... I think Atlus/Sega will just start working on a port for Switch to release later this year.

if the switch 2 has been delayed then a partner showcase actually makes a lot more sense

All of the first party stuff they had set for this year suddenly needs to spread out with padding

Realistically, moving back the Switch 2 release only one Quarter isn't a ton of time but it missing on the holiday season this year seems really, really rough. Especially with the current slate of games we have. The assumption was always that we might be in for a fairly slow middle of the year but that the Switch 2 would bump everything up at the end, but if that's not the case... hmm.

As long as we get a reveal soon and there's still a big showcase in the summer then I'll be happy, but I really hope that this is just that some publishers aren't going to have games out until early 2025 even though the system is still coming in late 2024.

Banana pizza tho

Quick question, how do I convince someone that just because a Direct possibly leaks, that does NOT mean that Nintendo is now obligated to release more information and that the probably next week Partner Showcase isn't going to morph into a Nintendo Switch 2 reveal? Especially since they are going to be highly annoying before, during, and after when it doesn't reveal the Switch 2?

Damn it. Just when I thought I was out. Here we go again…

kiryu-table-slam.gif

Quick question, how do I convince someone that just because a Direct possibly leaks, that does NOT mean that Nintendo is now obligated to release more information and that the probably next week Partner Showcase isn't going to morph into a Nintendo Switch 2 reveal? Especially since they are going to be highly annoying before, during, and after when it doesn't reveal the Switch 2?
"Trust The Process" then refuse to elaborate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom