• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo doing a Twitter Direct for their first party content probably means that there was going to originally be a General Direct, but their resources are being put somewhere else.

Or they don't want the first marketing campaign of the year to be for the Switch 1

Nintendo doing a Twitter Direct for their first party content probably means that there was going to originally be a General Direct, but their resources are being put somewhere else.

Or they don't want the first marketing campaign of the year to be for the Switch 1
Honestly, I can kinda believe that Nintendo is legitimately questioning whether to jump to Switch 2 or do some final marketing for the Switch 1 before doing Switch 2 stuff. Would explain the fustercluck of Nintendo Direct debates, rumors and leaks in the last few weeks. That said, it's still weird for a company like Nintendo to not have a plan so that kinda contradicts it.

it's still weird for a company like Nintendo to not have a plan so that kinda contradicts it.
It wouldn't surprise me if the plan was:
  • 1st Party content showcased in the Nintendo Lives
  • Nintendo Direct Mini with some spare 1st party content, plus 3rd party content
But due to Nintendo Live cancellations, they're were juggling between General Direct, Mini or Partners.

And so they went the Twitter Direct route with 1st Party, and Partners' Showcase with 3rd party.

It wouldn't surprise me if the plan was:
  • 1st Party content showcased in the Nintendo Lives
  • Nintendo Direct Mini with some spare 1st party content, plus 3rd party content
But due to Nintendo Live cancellations, they're were juggling between General Direct, Mini or Partners.

And so they went the Twitter Direct route with 1st Party, and Partners' Showcase with 3rd party.
Believeable theory. The cancellation of the Nintendo Live did seem to throw a fair amount of things into wack, and a lot of announcements had to be improvised in the meantime with rescheduled dates (like that Zelda Orchestra). It's sadly something we can only speculate about though, at least until we see the Partner direct tomorrow (Fami try not to get their hopes up challenge, impossible).

Regardless, after this direct, it does mean Nintendo's calendar has essentially been wiped of concerns, leaving them a completely clean schedule to do whatever their heart desires.... expect literally anything after Feb 20th imo.

Clearly Nintendo is just trying to figure out how best to announce things so that Metroid Prime 4 doesn’t completely overshadow their entire lineup

Ykw I'm still a believer, Nintendo has one more published game for the Switch 1 and it's getting announced tomorrow. Just a reminder, anything developed by a team not owned by Nintendo is fair game for these. If KT is making FE4, it's fair game!

Fully caught up on the thread today. Wasn’t expecting to wake up to an evil plant version imposter of @meatbag , mossbag, to be causing trouble this morning haha. Glad they were given a swift boot with the other one.

Ykw I'm still a believer, Nintendo has one more published game for the Switch 1 and it's getting announced tomorrow. Just a reminder, anything developed by a team not owned by Nintendo is fair game for these. If KT is making FE4, it's fair game!
FE4 is fair game anyways, it's a third party developed game. I don't expect it to be here though.

opening my third eye toward the metroid prime 2/3 HD shadowdrop tomorrow
👁️
dont let me down nintendo
o1zoqus.png

It’s been a weird trajectory of this thread where we get all excited something is going to be there like Hi-Fi Rush and more recently Ys X and then we learn nah not that one again and again.

Only one has endured. Expecting tomorrow at this point to be a Mini Partner Showcase a Mini Partner Spotlight - Penny’s Big Breakaway!

I think we’ll get a few games, but darn I am getting worried there won’t be that many…

Sorry if I sound excessively pedantic, but I wanted to see this fully clarified so there's no confusion on the matter.

Before proceeding, take into consideration that the Japanese times aren't affected by Winter Time / Daylight Savings Time.

Under Winter Time, so until the end of March, the Famitsu weekly sales reports are posted at 05:00 PT / 08:00 ET / 13:00 UTC / 14:00 CET / 22:00 JT. 22:00 JT is also one time slot Nintendo has used in the past for different news drops, particularly for DLCs, as well as for the June 2022 Partner Showcase.

Direct announcements / early Directs happen at 06:00 PT / 09:00 ET / 14:00 UTC / 15:00 CET / 23:00 JT until Daylight Savings Time kicks in.

Given what you said earlier @Guaraná the Direct should happen on the 22:00 JT time slot, which corresponds to 10:00 in Brazil in this time of the year; therefore at the same time as the Famitsu weekly sales report...But also one hour earlier than the more typical Direct announcement / early airing time, that is at 23:00 JT, which corresponds to 11:00 in Brazil in this time of the year. Is that correct?

Sorry if I sound excessively pedantic, but I wanted to see this fully clarified so there's no confusion on the matter.

Before proceeding, take into consideration that the Japanese times aren't affected by Winter Time / Daylight Savings Time.

Under Winter Time, so until the end of March, the Famitsu weekly sales reports are posted at 05:00 PT / 08:00 ET / 13:00 UTC / 14:00 CET / 22:00 JT. 22:00 JT is also one time slot Nintendo has used in the past for different news drops, particularly for DLCs, as well as for the June 2022 Partner Showcase.

Direct announcements / early Directs happen at 06:00 PT / 09:00 ET / 14:00 UTC / 15:00 CET / 23:00 JT until Daylight Savings Time kicks in.

Given what you said earlier @Guaraná the Direct should happen on the 22:00 JT time slot, which corresponds to 10:00 in Brazil in this time of the year; therefore at the same time as the Famitsu weekly sales report...But also one hour earlier than the more typical Direct announcement / early airing time, that is at 23:00 JT, which corresponds to 11:00 in Brazil in this time of the year. Is that correct?
The time expert has logged on.

The Direct is getting published sometime in the next 24 hours, and that’s as precise as I’m willing to deal with.

Any of the following will make me happy:

Pac-Man World 2 Re-Pac
Half Life 1 and / or 2
Rare Replay
Hollow Knight Silksong
Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 2
Something Castlevania
Something Silent Hill

The only thing I can actually see happening is the first.

Only one has endured. Expecting tomorrow at this point to be a Mini Partner Showcase a Mini Partner Spotlight - Penny’s Big Breakaway!
Rollin Rascal was just announced to be coming to the Switch, I kinda wonder if they secured a spot 😅
I know if they had secured a spot then it's far more likely they wouldn't have let the cat outta the bag the day before
lemme just have my dream of a Soniclike Direct

I more or less joined for the Fire Emblem talk and Direct Speculation, but this has been quite the ride! Hopefully we'll get some good things out of the Partner Direct, and then onward to March!

On another note, I forgot to add Netflix's ATLA remake and the final season of The Bad Batch to my 2024 Entertainment list, so I did that yesterday. That means that I'll have a few more things to get me through the final week of February and the first full week of March, right up until Unicorn Overlord comes out! (Still really hoping for demo despite there most likely not being one...)

EDIT: I also really like the idea that the Switch 2 reveal, if it happens in March, will essentially be a Direct due to how many first party games will be teased or shown, and with how many third party partner studios will be mentioned.

Partner direct tomorrow. New switch announcement next month. Metroid announcement this summer. New Mario 3D this fall. Life. Liberty. The pursuit of an endless happiness that it the constant search for satisfaction that ultimately ends in chaos. This is our life.

Partner Showcases are for third party publishers, not developers. The FE4 remake would be published by Nintendo worldwide even if Koei Tecmo were the main developers, and thus couldn't be here unless it's a regular mini and not a partner showcase.

Mario+Rabbids and Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes showed up in partner showcases because they weren't published by Nintendo (Specifically in Japan for Three Hopes, where it was published by Koei Tecmo)

Partner Showcases are for third party publishers, not developers. The FE4 remake would be published by Nintendo worldwide even if Koei Tecmo were the main developers, and thus couldn't be here unless it's a regular mini and not a partner showcase.

Mario+Rabbids and Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes showed up in partner showcases because they weren't published by Nintendo (Specifically in Japan for Three Hopes, where it was published by Koei Tecmo)
The Switch version of Part-Time UFO was, from what I can tell, published by Nintendo in all regions, and that was in a partner direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom