• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are too many stuff waiting to get revealed, unlike August's Direct. Including Marvelous's full reveals, Namco's next remasters, Square's next slew of games (SaGa Frontier 2 actually leaked, should be there), Anno 1800, Beyond Good & Evil... All can fill a chunky 30 minutes of a Partner Direct. We need a summer lineup, there's not much there.

Plus August 2020 Direct was the Puyo puyo Tetris 2 one, not the WWE Battlegrounds one. WWE Battlegrounds was in the SMT5 Direct. And that was revealed prior to that Direct.
Expecting all of that is setting yourself up for disappointment. Rather then expecting it to be this big Direct with all these announcements I think having a wait and see approach would be better.

When you guys say "shadowdrop" do you mean that they announce the day of, or do they just start the premier on the day of without even any announcement beforehand?

There's no reason to expect this to be 'massive'
The only reason to see the Partner Direct as "massive" is because it verifies the claims on Necro and Nate, whom believe the Switch 2 will be revealed in March.

Apart from that, this upcoming direct (if it exists) will likely be very underwhelming. No expectations for it other than "it exists".

Let's say there is indeed a partner direct tomorrow, but Nintendo announces it by tweeting out "check out our partner direct with 30 minutes of games from our partners, and one surprise from us at the end!"... what is the one Nintendo surprise?
I hope it would Kid Icarus Uprising HD being developed by Bandai Namco :). I mean that's kind of a partner game nonetheless but I know normally these directs, when it has games with Nintendo properties, consist of games that are, at least in one region, published by someone that isn't Nintendo... 😭😭

Wait we did

who reported it was always gonna be a shadow drop?
No one. Some of us gleaned that it might based on the leaked Peach images yesterday and the trend all week of extended game trailers for previously announced things. Once the peach trailer was today, then people really came around to the idea of a shadow drop of its happening at all. We even had the design people put up the direct logo in case there was an announcement this morning.

Not be cynical but if Necro and Nate got this wrong that likely means the reveal of the hardware in March is wrong as well.

Why? Because if they cannot pinpoint a direct/showcase correctly then a brand new event for Switch 2 is bound to wrong as well.

I also think that no one but Nintendos Japanese executives know the Switch 2 reveal date as of now.

Has our lord and savior Nate failed us?

giphy.gif

Nate: Partner Direct coming

Necro: Partner Direct coming

Brazil: Partner Direct coming

The Internet:
ZQkTL9r.jpeg

So shadowdrops are common for Partner showcases?

Never knew that, I just want everyone to be right so Switch 2 announcement in March is also right

🥹

I can't believe it. Xbox is going to stop making consoles after tomorrow, Sony is going to abandon gaming after not having big enough profits, and now Nintendo is giving us nothing but Mario remakes all year and a measly third party direct this week.

What did we as gamers do to deserve this?

Expecting all of that is setting yourself up for disappointment. Rather then expecting it to be this big Direct with all these announcements I think having a wait and see approach would be better.
Ah don't worry about me. Literally not a single Switch era Direct managed to disappoint me. I always get what I want and this time will be no different.

Zzzzzz...

Wait if Switch 2 is coming, where do they announce Switch 1 titles and dates like TPHD, WWHD, FE4RE, LM2, TTYDHD, LM...1, Prime 2+3+4. Much of these are already announced but undated. Others are rumoured with compatible amiibo restocked next month.

...zzzzzz.

I don't want to wait for speculation to be over
I want to know right now what will it be
I don't want to wait for this thread to be over
Will it be yes or will it be sorry?

When you guys say "shadowdrop" do you mean that they announce the day of, or do they just start the premier on the day of without even any announcement beforehand?
At this point unless Nintendo does a US evening announcement of "hey we have a Mini Direct Partner Showcase planned for tomorrow morning". It's likely going to end up that the video just goes up on Nintendo's Youtube account early in the day that catches many off guard with no announcement of it.

If the Mini Partner Showcase is still in the cards for tomorrow that is.

Not be cynical but if Necro and Nate got this wrong that likely means the reveal of the hardware in March is wrong as well.

Why? Because if they cannot pinpoint a direct/showcase correctly then a brand new event for Switch 2 is bound to wrong as well.

I also think that no one but Nintendos Japanese executives know the Switch 2 reveal date as of now.
On that last point - if the reveal is anytime soon, then that can't be true. Marketing is working on materials for both during and after the event, event planners are working on getting scripts and video streaming set up, web developers are working on web pages to launch alongside the presentation, liaisons with third parties are working on what third parties might be present at announcement, etc. A major product announcement like that will have been in the works for multiple months across a lot of different teams in an organization as large as Nintendo. Those teams might not know the exact dates, but they will have internal deadlines before the date that probably give them a ballpark estimate.

Even if we don't get a reveal until Summer, I would expect some teams outside of the software divisions are working hard right now on preparations.

Fyi I'm chilling out listening to music and this track just came up while I was browsing this thread, and I realized it perfectly encapsulates the sort of energy I try to come into these conversations with:

I hope yall either think of this song whenever I pop in, or think of me whenever you hear this song. Whichever's more convenient. ❤️

Y'all :ROFLMAO:

This thread is always a funny read on the eve of something.

Without constant reassurance everyone immediately resorts to a default state of insanity-fueled desire. Such is life for Nintendo fans.

Everyone, go play some Endless Ocean and chill.

Ah don't worry about me. Literally not a single Switch era Direct managed to disappoint me. I always get what I want and this time will be no different.
Same here, when it comes to Directs as long as there is one game that catches my interest then it was a good Direct. But it's too often I see people go into these things with sky-high expectations and are instantly disappointed when they are not met.

This idea that there is suddenly no partner direct because it wasn't announced beforehand is strange. Now sure, maybe there isn't one, but to suddenly assume 100% that it won't happen is bizarre, a shadowdrop is perfectly possible. Also, I don't doubt what Grubb is saying about NoA being worried over overlap with the Xbox podcast, however, I would be very surprised if Nintendo of Japan gave a damn, but if somehow they do and it is delayed to next week then fine

Last edited:
Are we certain there’s going to be a Partner Direct?

Is there any chance Third Parties are pushing back to have their games have a first showing in a better (next-generation) light?

Fyi I'm chilling out listening to music and this track just came up while I was browsing this thread, and I realized it perfectly encapsulates the sort of energy I try to come into these conversations with:

I hope yall either think of this song whenever I pop in, or think of me whenever you hear this song. Whichever's more convenient. ❤️

Emil is just too precious and I love that animation.
I just want to hug him and his other hims.

I have a meeting I can't sleepwalk through tomorrow, and I swear to God if this drops while I'm in there, I'm buying Nintendo shares so I can sneak into the shareholders meeting and Furukawa's gonna hear it from me.

Updared NoA tweet:

Nintendo Direct Partner? I hardly know her.

Tune in 01/46 for roughly 20 minutes of disappointment from our third-party partners coming in the first half of the year.

Zzzzzz...

Wait if Switch 2 is coming, where do they announce Switch 1 titles and dates like TPHD, WWHD, FE4RE, LM2, TTYDHD, LM...1, Prime 2+3+4. Much of these are already announced but undated. Others are rumoured with compatible amiibo restocked next month.

...zzzzzz.

For Switch, I'm only hoping for Fire Emblem 4 and Metroid Prime 4. One is a solid rumor, supposedly finished. The other is a game Nintendo has been promising since 2017.

The rest is a bonus.

DQ III has been taking so long because Yuji Horii told them to just Hd-2dify DQ I-VI and make it a $60 collection because paying $60 for a famicom game is kind of dumb

DQ III has been taking so long because Yuji Horii told them to just Hd-2dify DQ I-VI and make it a $60 collection because paying $60 for a famicom game is kind of dumb
Speaking of, I absolutely hate anytime a game is revealed with no date. At the very least they can put an “aiming for 2025” or “expected release in 2025” or something. I remember when it was revealed thinking is it that year or in 5 years? There’s many other examples but Xbox’s South of Midnight is another one that looked awesome and no idea if it’s even close

Tomorrow, the partner direct is coming to a close, however Nintendo has prepared one final announcement for us. The charismatic presenters that have brought us through the entire switch generation take one last bow, as the finale has arrived. The screen goes black, pitch black, until little white stars litter the screen and illuminate the darkness. A ship, grey and with sharp angles comes into view, followed by an ominous yet familiar orchestra. The music swells, the screen slowly fades to “Nintendo Switch X” before being interrupted by a loud BANG, the ship has been boarded. Everyone on board desperately fights for survive against the merciless aliens pouring in seemingly from every corner of the ship. Soldiers desperately fight against the incoming invasion until, a single grenade flys through the chaos, directly landing between the now clearly visible covenant soldiers. They scurry and scream until BOOM, the invaders are no more, and through the smoke walks out the warrior of light. The master Chief is here. NINTENDO SWITCH X HALO MCC, LAUNCHES TODAY ON THE ESHOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom