• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partner Showcase or no Partner Showcase, one way or another, just remember that there's totally gonna be at least one video tomorrow discussing another company that's putting games on Switch lol

But the Partner Showcase is totally happening

Last edited:
On that last point - if the reveal is anytime soon, then that can't be true. Marketing is working on materials for both during and after the event, event planners are working on getting scripts and video streaming set up, web developers are working on web pages to launch alongside the presentation, liaisons with third parties are working on what third parties might be present at announcement, etc. A major product announcement like that will have been in the works for multiple months across a lot of different teams in an organization as large as Nintendo. Those teams might not know the exact dates, but they will have internal deadlines before the date that probably give them a ballpark estimate.

Even if we don't get a reveal until Summer, I would expect some teams outside of the software divisions are working hard right now on preparations.
For me, this is why I didn't think we would be getting a General after all the rumors started to come out. To me, it's not that they don't have any content ready to show, we all feel like they do and from this week, we saw some of the content. I just think, like you said, if the reveal of their next console is anytime soon, they have likely allotted a lot of their teams, resources, and time to getting everything in place for a successful reveal and, a larger Direct likely would've taken them away from being able to focus on it. I already feel like they probably are doing a lot by releasing a Partner Showcase this month if they are mainly working on getting the reveal video (probably a first look) ready, alongside finalizing what they need for the larger presentation, and planning additional marketing events/focusing on additional marketing materials that they ultimately will need. Especially if the console is backwards compatible with almost everything, it probably isn't their #1 priority to reveal first-party Switch games right now unlike with the 3DS where they were still actively saying they would support the console alongside the Switch, which was likely why we got a 3DS Direct the month before the reveal of the Switch! :)

Why are people dooming about there not being a Direct at all anyway, it's not like anyone who's backed the 15th has stopped

dude you can't just go up against the Xbox podcast like that

that's like dropping a music concert on the same day the Beatles did an interview for the Kansas City Star

1PM UTC is 5AM Pacific. If that's the correct time, fuck my life I don't want to get up two hours earlier than I already have to.

Famiboards is like a reverse Lionel Hutz meme right now.

The insiders have given us a card that says "Partner Showcase No Doubt"

But people are choosing to read it as "Partner Showcase? No, Doubt!"

8am est seems pretty early for one of these, no? sounds good to me though, less time spent in ardent suspense even though i already know itll be lame

The only thing I'm panicking about is whether any of the AVAILABLE NOW games are impulse buys for me

And by that I mean I'm alarmed at the thought of not impulse buying something tomorrow

I feel like if they actually cared about this Xbox thing it would have been a lot easier to have it a day earlier than a week later
Yeah but the news wouldn't be in Nintendos favor since people would forget about the direct if it was prior to the Xbox stuff

Out for lunch at 1pm so I'm gonna miss all the fun/faff that comes with Fami getting a Direct

BE NICE IN CASE YOU UPSET THE THIRD PARTIES YOU BUNCH OF MEANIES

Third parties are like that young inexperienced supply teacher who breaks down after 1 hour with the Fami class because this is not how they envisaged their career in education

Nintendo is the grizzled 70 year old who still teaches and doesn't give a single hoot what anyone thinks of them or how their pupils do

hopefully something pops tomorrow, I need something to pass time until FF7R2, Pokémon Day and the Sparkle banner in Star Rail.

mostly just want to finally get a Rear Sekai localization.

That would translate into 14:00 CET / 08:00 ET / 05:00 PT / 22:00 JT for the airing time. Basically, one hour earlier than usual for Direct announcements / early Direct presentations.

However, that would actually fit with the time slot when the June 2022 Partner Showcase was dropped at: 15:00 CEST / 09:00 EST / 06:00 PST / 22:00 JST

Saying gamers deserve a stocking filled with coal would be generous at this point
rbJfUhhE8JZ4yvmzYaOu7i8ka0RmwJlqruwQ15lT.png

NO DESPAIR PERMITTED ON FAMIBOARDS PREMISES

until 9:01am ET tomorrow morning
8:59am ET tomorrow:
Sv9IQI2.png

feels weird to finally be in the midst of the classic famiboards mass panic after lurking for all these years lmfao
Welcome. ❤️😈

Partner Showcase appears

it's literally a video about Museum Showcases for the Nintendo Museum from Partners
That place really needs a whole hallway dedicated to Nintendo Directs and a huge hall specifically for Famiboards in order to be a real Nintendo Museum.

I don't know about you all but I'm going to the silksong thread to laugh at the people there who expect silksong news for the upcoming partner direct, see ya!!!

I really hope they didn't actually move the partner show bc of the Xbox stuff. That would just be a bummer!

Anyway, I am really hopeful for a Penny's Big Breakaway shadow drop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom