• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Xenoblade X I hope it's for Switch 2 and not Switch, waiting 6-12 months to get the game at higher resolution + 60FPS + remade graphics like in XCDE is worth it 100%. Besides, Xenoblade X's 10th anniversary is in 2025 so keeping it till at least December for Switch 2 makes sense

And it's weird to see people talking about a Donkey Kong game by Vicarious Visions, unless I missed something they belong to Microsoft now, why would they work on a Switch exclusive?

Legit idk what will be the most hype game for Switch 2

Imagine, just imagine we see all these games for the first time in a Switch 2 presentation

-Metroid Prime 4
-3D Mario
-Mario Kart X
-New Monolith Soft game

The internet would explode, Famiboard servers would melt first followed by the entire internet infrastructure, then the electric grid would shut down, transformers across the country blowing up all over in unison and we would be plunged into the dark age!

If we get Xenoblade X I hope it's for Switch 2 and not Switch, waiting 6-12 months to get the game at higher resolution + 60FPS + remade graphics like in XCDE is worth it 100%. Besides, Xenoblade X's 10th anniversary is in 2015 so keeping it till at least December for Switch 2 makes sense

And it's weird to see people talking about a Donkey Kong game by Vicarious Visions, unless I missed something they belong to Microsoft now, why would they work on a Switch exclusive?
They worked on it many years ago. Nate said VV was working on a DK game, but Nintendo pulled the plugged on it.

They worked on it many years ago. Nate said VV was working on a DK game, but Nintendo pulled the plugged on it.

If it really existed I for sure would love to see what it'd look like, given the studio I could easily imagine a gorgeous cartoony game made with Unreal Engine 4

I'm serious when I said we'd be getting a mini, btw. I'm honestly expecting the same of what we got in September, more information on previously announced games and some smaller tier announcements. Among those announcements, I am once again asking for a port of Kid Icarus Uprising! Pleeeaaaassssseeee????

I'm serious when I said we'd be getting a mini, btw. I'm honestly expecting the same of what we got in September, more information on previously announced games and some smaller tier announcements. Among those announcements, I am once again asking for a port of Kid Icarus Uprising! Pleeeaaaassssseeee????
What's kind of fun about this year is that it could go in so many directions. I feel a mini in Janauary is just as likely as a general February Direct. It all depends on how Nintendo plans on marketing the Switch and the Switch 2 going forward. Last I heard, some insiders expected to hear something about the Switch 2 in March, but I don't know if that's still on the table or not.

Also, completely unrelated side note: what is that purple character in your avatar from and why do I see it in so many other people's avatars?

What's kind of fun about this year is that it could go in so many directions. I feel a mini in Janauary is just as likely as a general February Direct. It all depends on how Nintendo plans on marketing the Switch and the Switch 2 going forward. Last I heard, some insiders expected to hear something about the Switch 2 in March, but I don't know if that's still on the table or not.

Also, completely unrelated side note: what is that purple character in your avatar from and why do I see it in so many other people's avatars?

Reading through comments on here, and I feel like a lot of ya'll aren't aware that a Mario Musou has been stated to be a dream musou collaboration by the president of KT for years now

a more recent comment I remember reading about it came from an interview with TheGamer about Samurai Warriors 5 a few years back:

Is there a franchise that you personally would love to make a Warriors game for?

[HK]
“Mario and STAR WARS are two great series that come to mind. Unfortunately, we haven't had the opportunity to collaborate with these IP yet.”

So it could just be people out there looking for "leaker" cred who know about these comments and are playing the odds. Hoping to grow an audience if it ever does happen

Or they could know something for real. That's entirely possible too I guess 🤷‍♂️

But either way, KT have been down to clown on a Mario Warriors game(and Star Warriors lol) for years now, it's not some big secret

It's a character named One from a British kid's show called "The Numberjacks" that got turned into a meme a few years ago called "Beanos".

A lot of users on this board, myself included, have made avatar bets and lost. I gotta keep this as my avatar until the Switch 2 comes out (hopefully it's sooner rather than later).

I don't think any of us would survive that presentation lmaoooo
Famiboards servers if it happened:

hpz3eWS.jpeg

A lot of users on this board, myself included, have made avatar bets and lost. I gotta keep this as my avatar until the Switch 2 comes out (hopefully it's sooner rather than later).
I just thought the face looked funny so I asked chocolate_supra to make me one lmao

I think we haven't heard about another Mario namedrop from Koei Tecmo since May 2021, which this was around the time AOC DLC was still in development.
So I believed that KT pitched Mario Warriors (likely with a prototype) to Nintendo sometime after AOC DLC was completed and seems like it was accepted which this may be the reason why we get to hear Jeff Grubb hearing rumors about a Mario Warriors game, one from after 2021 but just before 2024 and another one recently in 2024.

fb1.jpg

This is likely a good chunk of us looking for evidence behind rumors/speculation behind certain titles being revealed or not either this month or next (I am fully guilty of this with FE4R)

Also, GIVE ME XENOGEARS AND XENOSAGA ON SWITCH, PLEASE!!!!
I still dream of them giving Takahashi and Saga the chance to go back and fill in the second half of Xenogears. Mitsuda's already made new arrangements of most of the OST for orchestra (seriously if you haven't heard the XG 20th anniversary concert go find it) and the graphical style (sprite characters in a 3D environment) is a style a lot of remakes are already using so a new version of the game could be faithful and still be so much more

It's a character named One from a British kid's show called "The Numberjacks" that got turned into a meme a few years ago called "Beanos".

No they are called WOHOY and they are friend

WHYY.jpg

I wish Monolith Soft was bigger. I want a game from them every year lol
Iirc, Monolith Soft is getting an additional team with that new building they're making in Nintendo HQ. If that's true, then they'll probably be a big help within the development of other main Nintendo games while making more games at the same time.

Monolith Soft seems to be one of the most key non-Nintendo EPD Nintendo studios. They're a big help in a significant portion of the development of Nintendo's big hits, such as the Zelda titles, Animal Crossing: New Horizons and the Splatoon titles. Considering the critical success of the Xenoblade series, in addition to the insane critical and commercial success of Monolith Soft's support projects, I can't see why they wouldn't get expansion or a new team.

Well they worked with Zelda TOTK and Splat/AC teams so their work is almost annual.

2017: Xeno 2 + assist at Zelda BOTW/Splatoon 2
2018: Xeno 2 DLC
2019: nothing
2020: Xeno 1 DE + assist at AC NH
2021: nothing
2022: Xeno 3 + assist at Splat 3
2023: Xeno 3 DLC + assist at Zelda TOTK
2024: nothing ?
2025: Xeno X/New IP
2026: Next Xeno
2027: Next Xeno DLC

+ assist for next Splat/AC games.

Iirc, Monolith Soft is getting an additional team with that new building they're making in Nintendo HQ. If that's true, then they'll probably be a big help within the development of other main Nintendo games while making more games at the same time.

Monolith Soft seems to be one of the most key non-Nintendo EPD Nintendo studios. They're a big help in a significant portion of the development of Nintendo's big hits, such as the Zelda titles, Animal Crossing: New Horizons and the Splatoon titles. Considering the critical success of the Xenoblade series, in addition to the insane critical and commercial success of Monolith Soft's support projects, I can't see why they wouldn't get expansion or a new team.
Monolith Soft's role in stuff like Splatoon and Animal Crossing is very minor. Their Kyoto support team only have around 30 staff, and don't do any design or programming work - it's art and asset support. The support work they've provided is low key and not nearly on the same level as the Tokyo studios' work on Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom.

Sure, they're an excellent studio who've done a great job building Xenoblade up and supporting open world Zelda, but their role in other franchises isn't significant. And Monolith Soft have already more than doubled in size over the course of the Switch lifecycle, showing that Nintendo do value their input and do want them to grow.

I remember there was an interview around the time that XC: DE came out, I believe Takahashi (or someone else) said that they wanted to expand the Xenoblade brand. I'm wondering if there's a spinoff in the works. I'd like a fighting game.

Legit idk what will be the most hype game for Switch 2

Imagine, just imagine we see all these games for the first time in a Switch 2 presentation

-Metroid Prime 4
-3D Mario
-Mario Kart X
-New Monolith Soft game
Everyone replying “the internet would explode”… well, this is probably what it’s going to be! Or at least, not too far removed from this.

The Switch presentation (that a bunch of people hated and I still don’t get why…) had Odyssey’s official reveal, THAT final BotW trailer, Xenoblade 2 first reveal. Like it was a very fucking exciting lineup, and I expect the same for the Switch 2’s first presentation.

Compared to the Switch 1 presentation, Prime 4 will probably sub in for Zelda (even then I still could see a Zelda port or remake) and next MK could sub in for ARMS.

VGC made this point in their review of Xenoblade 3; Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest developers have talked about how it takes a decade to build a world and story like they do, yet Monolith Soft have done it four times in the same amount of time.

The Switch presentation (that a bunch of people hated and I still don’t get why…) had Odyssey’s official reveal, THAT final BotW trailer, Xenoblade 2 first reveal. Like it was a very fucking exciting lineup, and I expect the same for the Switch 2’s first presentation.
The Switch Presentation's reception was primarily due to two factors: leaks/rumors and the presentation itself

Rumors before the Switch presentation were wild. Everyone was predicting a blowout in the launch window, with Zelda, 3D Mario, Splatoon, and the fabled Pokémon Stars all at once (or at least very close to each other). When the presentation came and the launch lineup was just Zelda and 1-2 Switch, some people were underwhelmed. The lack of a bundle with Zelda or 1-2 Switch rubbed even more salt in the wound when most at the time were predicting bundle pricing for the system at $250 USD. I remember Arlo making a video afterward about his theory of a "soft launch" strategy, the wording of which seems kind of silly to look back on now, but that was the consensus on it for a time.

Then the way they handled the presentation itself just wasn't as exciting as it could have been. It was riddled with awkward jokes and speeches and poor translation (especially during the Suda51 segment). The focus on the Joy-Con gimmicks and casual games like 1-2 Switch and ARMS as the first games shown also rubbed people the wrong way. Nowadays Nintendo would make sure to open with a heavy hitter to set the mood, but they didn't then.

The Switch presentation had an odd 3rd party segment. It felt so flat especially with the audience there doesn’t clap. The Suda 51 segment wasn’t good. EA was just whatever. People overreacted to the price too.

If they do a live presentation in the United States for Switch 2 it would come off way better.

You know the worst part of losing E3 for me is? We don’t get days of Treehouse anymore. We’d get 3 days of Treehouse playing games. We’d get developers discussing the games. We’d get multiple segments on some games coming at it from different angles.

I just really want a big Treehouse again when they do the Switch presentation. Get the games played for us. We can’t attend live events. Get the developers on there to discuss their games, to discuss what it was like developing for Switch 2 and what they felt it brought to the table for their games. I love hearing this stuff.

The Switch presentation ruled.

The games and what was shown, but also how low key weird it was. Koizumi in a Mario hat, talking about the GameCube handle and Nogami being Nogami.

You know the worst part of losing E3 for me is? We don’t get days of Treehouse anymore. We’d get 3 days of Treehouse playing games. We’d get developers discussing the games. We’d get multiple segments on some games coming at it from different angles.

I just really want a big Treehouse again when they do the Switch presentation. Get the games played for us. We can’t attend live events. Get the developers on there to discuss their games, to discuss what it was like developing for Switch 2 and what they felt it brought to the table for their games. I love hearing this stuff.
They still do Nintendo Treehouse, They did one in 2023

Big same

A week of Treehouse live demos following hype snippets of out of context gameplay in a direct

Nintendo showed us the way forward and then the whole industry just copied the Direct formatting portion and called it a day

it's such a shame

Big same

A week of Treehouse live demos following hype snippets of out of context gameplay in a direct

Nintendo showed us the way forward and then the whole industry just copied the Direct formatting portion and called it a day

it's such a shame
hopefully at 2024 nintendo brings the week of treehouse streams back. it was full of personality 🤩

hopefully at 2024 nintendo brings the week of treehouse streams back. it was full of personality 🤩
Pretty much any time any potential Nintendo presentation is asked for that would have people (Treehouse streams, console reveal presentations, etc) my brain now immediately goes to "how cool would it be to have that live from Super Nintendo World"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom