• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the window has sadly passed for Switch, but even so I will channel some energy towards us getting a new Mario themed Fortune Street to complete the ultimate Mario overload.

It’s time for Nintendo to move. They still have some nice momentum to ride into the Switch 2. Have a great, strong brand. As long as they don’t do any forced controls, or some odd cartridge thing, they will be completely fine. You give us a more powerful switch with new additional features for the hardware, some cool gimmicks that aren’t mandatory and we’ll have ourselves another great generation.

Last edited:
I need something to bring me back to the switch. I just got an OLED steamdeck and man that thing is fun. A tinkerers dream too. You can just do so much with it

I don't remember why Direct speculation was at a fever pitch already on January 10th that year (2018). I'm so used to February Directs at this point. It may have been rumored to be coming.
Yeah, at the time, January Directs were kind of the standard. It got to the point where there was panic and confusion about January going by with no Direct the following year. Nowadays, February Directs have been the standard for more or less the entire Switch era.

Yeah, at the time, January Directs were kind of the standard. It got to the point where there was panic and confusion about January going by with no Direct the following year. Nowadays, February Directs have been the standard for more or less the entire Switch era.
It wasn't the standard, but I vaguely remember it was mostly because of the Switch Presentation of the previous year people were expecting something in January of 2018.

It wasn't the standard, but I vaguely remember it was mostly because of the Switch Presentation of the previous year people were expecting something in January of 2018.
True, that was a big part of it. Though in the Wii U era, there was usually some kind of presentation in January, though not every year. At that point so early in the Switch's lifespan, it felt reasonable to expect a Direct in January because they hadn't set the the Switch era standard of the February -> June -> September schedule yet. It wasn't that predictable beforehand, as they kind of went back and forth between January and February during the Wii U cycle.

It also makes me wonder if the Switch 2 era is going to mix up that schedule as well.

It does my heart good to see so many Mario Baseball believers out and about these days! I hope ya'll end up being right

But with it being an Olympic year, isn't another Sonic crossover sporting shindig more likely instead?

Or did they cancel that series or something while I was away? I have not kept up for the holidays so ya'll might know something I don't

Anyways, bless this #Marioverload weather we're having. It's been great so far

idk why nintendo is tight lipped about mario and sonic paris 2024... 😢
They probably wanted to get a few of these other Mario games out the door and shipped before announcing even more Mario games. Likewise, SEGA probably wanted all eyes on Superstars last year.

So next Direct would probably be the right time for it imo

They probably wanted to get a few of these other Mario games out the door and shipped before announcing even more Mario games. Likewise, SEGA probably wanted all eyes on Superstars last year.

So next Direct would probably be the right time for it imo
here's to hoping for february🤞

Likely yet to be announced games I expect in the next direct:
A sequel to Ring Fit Adventure - Late April/Early May
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake - May/June
Metroid Prime 2 and 3 remaster - Out Now with Physical coming later

Metroid Prime 4 is 50/50 if it's not here it's not happening before NSW2.

Likely yet to be announced games I expect in the next direct:
A sequel to Ring Fit Adventure - Late April/Early May
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake - May/June
Metroid Prime 2 and 3 remaster - Out Now with Physical coming later

Metroid Prime 4 is 50/50 if it's not here it's not happening before NSW2.
Ring Fit Adventure 2 would be awesome, but that seems like a once a generation kind of game. I'd go so far as to say a Nintendo Switch Sports sequel is more likely than it.

Ring Fit Adventure 2 would be awesome, but that seems like a once a generation kind of game. I'd go so far as to say a Nintendo Switch Sports sequel is more likely than it.
I think they have a bunch of rings left in stock bundle it with a non-fitness game like a Ring Fit Adventure Play would be a smart move to get rid of as much as they can before NSW2 arrives.

But when's Hyrule Warriors 3 tho?

I want to see how Koei Tecmo fleshes out the faceless, nameless, backstory-less, and personality-less prehistory Sage characters from TotK

They are gonna give 'em the Hyrule Warriors Impa glow up treatment, I can feel it in my bones

I think they have a bunch of rings left in stock bundle it with a non-fitness game like a Ring Fit Adventure Play would be a smart move to get rid of as much as they can before NSW2 arrives.
Why do they need to get rid of the stock? The original game is selling well and the next console will be able to use the rings just fine.

I really hope RFA2 can be digitally purchased and downloaded since I already own the Ring-Con and leg strap. That very much is a game that doesn't need a physical copy to be swapped out with my main game focus every time I need to load it up. So annoying that RFA could be bought digitally on the Japanese eShop but not outside the region.

It really should have been sold like Mario Kart Live. Sell the equipment seperate at full price of the game, but let the app be downloaded for free.

I think the window has sadly passed for Switch, but even so I will channel some energy towards us getting a new Mario themed Fortune Street to complete the ultimate Mario overload.
Nah, no ship has sailed at all. Mario Party The top 100 was released in November 2017 for 3DS, 8 months after Switch was launched. Fortune Street is even a better deal, wouldn't take ND Cube's time as someone like Marvelous would be doing the job.

3DS got tons of first party stuff after Switch launched and considering Switch has almost double the hardware sales of 3DS, we'll even get more once the successor launches. Just like PS4, Switch will be a hard platform to give up on.

Time to reveal Konami N64 games coming to nso.
YES. PLEASE.

Meanwhile, at Nintendo HQ :
- Konami sent us all their N64 games for the NSO. Hm, let see... ok, we'll put these games. Contact the trailer team. No need to add anything else.

"Coming soon to the Nintendo 64 Nintendo Switch Online ! Nagano Winter Olympics 98 and G.A.S.P!! Fighters' NEXTream"

But when's Hyrule Warriors 3 tho?

I want to see how Koei Tecmo fleshes out the faceless, nameless, backstory-less, and personality-less prehistory Sage characters from TotK

They are gonna give 'em the Hyrule Warriors Impa glow up treatment, I can feel it in my bones

While I do hope we get a Hyrule Warriors 3 I hope they take a break from Zelda/FE Warriors to give us a Xenoblade Warriors, it's time we get one given the potential in terms of playable characters

The only thing I can say is if you do like and support Trump maybe this is not the community for you.
Let me take a wild guess too : you like white supremacists, transphobes, racists, homophobes and other bigots ?

If no, then why are you asking ?

My sincere answer to this would require several paragraphs and a lot of swearing so I'll chill out and just say "absolutely fucking not," which aughta be everyone's answer but unfortunately there's a Nazi resurgence these days so 🤷

Listen ( I may have missed a few replies) posting a trump gif was poor judgment on my part. I dont follow trump politics or the man’s ideologies (I’m from Canada). The gif was from a tv show called the apprentice (back in the day). I’m not a Trump supporter or don’t follow all these ideas you accuse me of. I’m not going to rant but don’t judge a book by its cover and make accusations based on a gif. That’s all I’m going to say on the matter and won’t be responding further to that post. Have a good night!

I need Nintendo to resurrect the “Classic” line of mini consoles and skip the N64 so that we can get a little GameCube.

We all know the next KT game in the pipeline is: Super Mario Mushroom Warriors.

Grubb recently said he heard about it again lol. I hope its real for the fun of it
Imagine if instead of a third Zelda Warriors we'd get a Mario Musou as a launch window title for Switch 2 👀

I wouldn't mind that, at all.

Regarding the Direct branding, I think that they'll keep it, but won't do their big first Switch 2 showcase in a traditional 'Nintendo Direct' format. Fully expect them to do something similar to Sony's 'Future of Gaming Showcases' they did back in 2020, or a non-live version of the Switch's own January event. Something grander and less rigid to generate more hype for the new generation, with all the fancy visuals and developers going "wow. so cool," to go alongside it. It just wouldn't feel right to have a whole new generation detailed for the first time in a relatively low-key event like a Direct.
Live events for such things are outdated and often rather awkward, like the last Sony live events.

I think these "american style" live events, like they did at E3 or at the game awards, often appears weird or hilarious for other cultures.

Nintendo will make a preproduced presentation for the Switch2 reveal.

Imagine if instead of a third Zelda Warriors we'd get a Mario Musou as a launch window title for Switch 2 👀

I wouldn't mind that, at all.
Only the power of the Switch 2 can truly depict the majesty of Mario rocketing ten thousand goombas into the air in different directions after performing a super jump Musou move.

I need something to bring me back to the switch. I just got an OLED steamdeck and man that thing is fun. A tinkerers dream too. You can just do so much with it
That's the thing, SteamDeck is for tinkerer not for the normal user and it is a nightmare for people who wants to best possible experience, because like on PC you can invest endless hours in making a game run a bit better. There is a reason why SteamDeck sold only as much as it did, even so every Steam user gets pushed ads for this device in their face all the time.

Switch is for people who just want to play.

Wait really? Where did he say that?
Most recent Last of the Nintendogs. He said he heard about it from someplace different from the last person who told him about it

should also make clear that he himself definitely isn't buying into it yet. In no way saying "this is happening", still sounds more along the lines of "I got another dm, wouldn't this be wild if it's true"

Talking about third party games, what do want for next direct?. Mine are:

• Mass Effect Legendary Collection (EA)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics remaster (Square-Enix)
  • Dragon Quest III 2D-HD (Square-Enix)
  • Nier Reincarnation (Square-Enix)
  • Marvel Vs Collection/Ultimate MvC3 (Capcom)
  • Devil May Cry 4/Reboot Special Edition (Capcom)
  • Tomb Raider Reboot Trilogy (Embracer)
  • Mafia Trilogy (Take-Two)
  • GTAIV/Midnight Club LA Remaster (Rockstar)
  • Dark Souls II/III (From Software/Bandai-Namco)
  • Castlevania DS Collection (Konami)

Good list I would throw in KingdomCome Deliverance, Dragon Age Trilogy, and Dying Light 2 to the mix

• January / February : Switch 1 Direct
  • March : Switch 2 Reveal
  • June : Switch 1 & 2 Direct
  • September : Swtich 2 release & new Switch 1 & 2 Direct
  • November : New 2D Turrican on Switch 2, much better than Super Mario Wonder, Nintendo is ashamed and buys Factor 5. Mankind is saved.
This is where I’m at. We get a Switch Direct in early February announcing the remaining Switch slate through to September, then a big Switch 2 blowout after Princess Peach Showtime is on shelves. They possibly tease it in the February Direct, but more likely they wait until their big final original (non-crossgen) game is out and announce the bastard for a September release, giving them two waves of interest, launch and then Christmas.

EDIT: Oh fucking hell I didn’t realise I was on an old page and replied to a week old post. Ignore the dumb bitch her and continue as you were.

I have just been made aware of the fact that we still don't have Symphony of the Night on Switch, so I'll throw that onto the pile, but it's firmly in "wenn hell freezes over"-territory. This is a good list and is basically identical with things I'd like to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom