• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread os moving faster, where are we going?
to the hype with this:
tenor.gif

I have connections with GameStop and I haven't heard anything.

But that doesn't mean it's not happening.

Yeah. I have a friend who is a district manager and they haven't had any such exchange. Maybe it's happening in other regions/markets outside of their own.

I don't have direct connections. Everyone I know has left the company. I worked at GS over 15 years ago during the whole Wii and Wii Fit craze. I know back then communications could vary per region/markets. As well as sometimes people would say corporate and just mean something unofficial from upper management (district or regional manager usually).

The best advertising for Mario vs DK would be a release of DK94 in NSO…of course that game is much better so people might just forgo buying the retail game.

Yeah. I have a friend who is a district manager and they haven't had any such exchange. Maybe it's happening in other regions/markets outside of their own.
wanted to ask but do you know the direct's format because of the content of said direct or because your sources told you what the format was? (don't need to know the format i just want a peek behind the process)

It does seem kinda odd that two of people typically in the known are aware of stuff in it but not when it's supposed to be airing 😅

That hasn't stopped Pyoro before. They've tweeted out stuff a week before a Direct before.
A week all the way down to the same day of the announcement of a direct. No consistency, we might see a case where Pyoro isn't able to announce stuff before hand... for some reason.

Frankly I have no idea at this point. I'm half convinced that Nintendo is keeping this thing so on the down-low to the point that noone will be able to leak the full contents through any means at all. I don't know why Nintendo would be doing that for an average normal-variety Nintendo Direct, but frankly all bets are off at this point.

A week all the way down to the same day of the announcement of a direct. No consistency, we might see a case where Pyoro isn't able to announce stuff before hand... for some reason.

Frankly I have no idea at this point. I'm half convinced that Nintendo is keeping this thing so on the down-low to the point that noone will be able to leak the full contents through any means at all. I don't know why Nintendo would be doing that for an average normal-variety Nintendo Direct, but frankly all bets are off at this point.
if it is the case that Nintendo has all the details locked down tighter than Fort Knox, maybe they really are about to end on a Switch 2 announcement

Tim Schafer was recently asked about the possibility of bringing Psychonauts to the Nintendo Switch
His response was "Never say never..."

It's not much but it isn't nothing. It does make a bit of sense though considering Psychonauts 2 was already a multiplat. Sure, I can see this being a reveal at some point in the near future.

Tim Schafer was recently asked about the possibility of bringing Psychonauts to the Nintendo Switch
His response was "Never say never..."

It's not much but it isn't nothing. It does make a bit of sense though considering Psychonauts 2 was already a multiplat. Sure, I can see this being a reveal at some point in the near future.

I'd honestly love to play those on the Switch (2) again and it feels weird they never got ported to Switch, given both are multiplat titles to begin with and the kind of niche game that could use a boost 👀

Seems like next week is definitively dead then

Either it's just a week delayed or they skip the February Direct entirely and do a Switch 2 presentation later this month or in March
As the old proverb goes, "It's not Joever until it's Joever".

Especially, need I remind folks, that billbill-kun said next 15 days... the only dates that works for that are, as usual, 7th and 8th. Unless Penny's Big Breakaway is a random Thursday stealth-drop, there is no way for them to be wrong on this occasion.

Nah, something is afoot.
knives-out-it-makes-no-damn-sense.gif

So I had a random though whilst playing FF6 pixel remaster. Given how FF16 has sold out of the gate and how difficult and expensive AAA development is, I think a 2d, HD2D, or throwback pre-rendered FF17 that launched on Switch 2 as well as all other platforms could be developed at the fraction of the cost of FF16 and probably still sell (at worst) just as much as it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom