• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo could be a trillion dollar company, but they're afraid of announcing a new Star Fox game in this anime art style

Now that Nintendo have an even more obscene amount of money and don't have to shart out games to support a dead console, they can afford to take more time, money and resources with Star Fox. This visual style would be very, very cool.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be Pokemon Black & White 3, a game that actually works like 'classic' Pokemon games (classic well designed routes, actual dungeons, only random encounters).
That would be nice. I had fun with Scarlet and Violet, even with the gigantic load of bugs. Would have been a way better game if ExpShare was a optional thing so that I did not go through a billion hoops just to have fun tho.

As a single-player only Pokemon player, who do not care for catching lots of Pokemon and transferring them between games, I am struggling a bit with the direction the company is going.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be Pokemon Black & White 3, a game that actually works like 'classic' Pokemon games (classic well designed routes, actual dungeons, only random encounters).
That would be nice. I had fun with Scarlet and Violet, even with the gigantic load of bugs. Would have been a way better game if ExpShare was a optional thing so that I did not go through a billion hoops just to have fun tho.

As a single-player only Pokemon player, who do not care for catching lots of Pokemon and transferring them between games, I am struggling a bit with the direction the company is going.
I’d honestly love a super detailed traditional top down game from game freak. Like let’s go pikachu, but better looking. I feel that let’s go pikachu and evee is still my favorite of the switch pokemon titles.

I’d honestly love a super detailed traditional top down game from game freak. Like let’s go pikachu, but better looking. I feel that let’s go pikachu and evee is still my favorite of the switch pokemon titles.
I'll totally accept either a brand new one, or a BW remake, in the style of Let's Go, especially if a bit nicer, crisp visuals.
... on the condition that they scrap the actual GO capture gimmick, which was just awful, hah.

Discussion of Hogwarts Legacy is banned on Famiboards, per our Banned Content List in Research & Development. Please refrain from continuing to bring up the title. - MissingNo, meatbag, Tangerine Cookie, big lantern ghost
Since we are in a calm period right now, what games are y’all playing as we wait for the Direct?

I’m juggling Under Night In-Birth II and Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth myself and having a great time with both.

I am nearing the end of both Sparks of Hope and Hogwarts Legacy. I've been enjoying both - Sparks of Hope is great fun, but I don't give two shits about the story. It's one of those games where I've just started skipping all of the cutscenes. The combat and exploration are both really good, though.

Hogwarts Legacy is solid. It has gotten a bit grindy near the end, though. I really don't care for games where they block you from starting certain quests until you reach a specific level. You want to suggest a level? Great. But if I want to start it at level 22 instead of level 24, just let me start it and deal with the fact that it's maybe a bit hard, you know?

I'll totally accept either a brand new one, or a BW remake, in the style of Let's Go, especially if a bit nicer, crisp visuals.
... on the condition that they scrap the actual GO capture gimmick, which was just awful, hah.
I didn’t mind it for that style of game. I just wish they would give us pro controller support for lets go. That being said, I hope all future full 3d titles like scarlet or legends use the catching system from legends. And I hope things like trainer damage return

Please... not another Let's Go Remake. I want an actually decent game in Johto for once and Legends is like my only hope of this actually happening :LOL:

The next Pokémon game will be a traditional-Johto “remake” (by another studio)

2025 will have a new Unova game with some twists

guess what’s happening in

MMnN92f.png

Just put at least Gen 1 and 2 on NSO, you damn cowards. Maybe even Gen 3 as well. Or sell them to me individually, I don't care as long as they are available.
My thing is...I just don't know if I can play Gen 1 or Gen 2 in their original state again. Like I think I can only do Gen 1 if it's FireRed/LeafGreen. Pokemon is one of those games where the graphics and QOL stuff actually matter to me a bit lmao.

I just don't think it's gonna happen in the Switch era tbh. I have no optimism when it comes to Gamefreak lmao.

My thing is...I just don't know if I can play Gen 1 or Gen 2 in their original state again. Like I think I can only do Gen 1 if it's FireRed/LeafGreen. Pokemon is one of those games where the graphics and QOL stuff actually matter to me a bit lmao.

I just don't think it's gonna happen in the Switch era tbh. I have no optimism when it comes to Gamefreak lmao.
I'd prefer those games in their original state, Gen 1 especially. There’s some glorious fun jank in there, and it just isn’t the same without it.

Seems like that rumor was true, but seeing the wolf link amiibo coming on this date makes me think that a TPHD Switch port is going to be revealed in this direct instead of a WWHD Switch port

See I don’t see a world where TPHD gets a rerelease before WWHD. So it’ll be both or neither IMO
Worth mentioning that WWHD never had Amiibo support, so it's more likely it's a dual release or a "WWHD now, TPHD slightly later" or something of that ilk.

This generation was very big for people who like Zelda.

Nintendo has been basically bringing back all the Zelda Amiibo in the last past year. I don't think this is any indication of a TPHD/WWHD ports unfortunately though that would be really cool.

#TeamJanuary is having our 2nd Direct happen today and we're still only in the first month of January

And wouldn't you know it our detractors have gotten awfully quiet lately...

giphy.gif

Yeah, they can definitely be harder to go back to than a lot of people realize. Some parts of it just feel so archaic or are just flat-out slow. The quality of life features have made modern Pokemon games pretty easy in comparison but I really don't miss some things like the HM system.

Is it allowed to do subposting about Nintendo Ninjas in this thread? Like „Someone is laughing at every word that we say in here“

Is there something Pokemon Company can do to monetize the legacy games even after they are brought to NSO?

Like you can only transfer and do other stuff if you pay for the Pokemon app--something like that.

I can see them giving Gen 1 to NSO since those were on 3DS and the remake has sold through on Switch by now. Trying to sell those again would probably just hit the wall of diminishing returns pretty hard, so you might as well bundle them into a service.

Maybe they would do Gen 2 since that was on 3DS as well and maybe they decided Let's Go didn't do well enough to continue on as a series.

I just have a hard time imagining them going beyond that because bundling something into the base tier of NSO is essentially giving them away for free. It's $20/year split across all the online features, including the trading and battling features people would expect. TPC is going to see very little of that in profit.

And I have a REALLY hard time believing they would fold in the GBA games/remakes anytime soon. I feel like those games haven't been monetized enough yet to just dump them into a service.

Is there something Pokemon Company can do to monetize the legacy games even after they are brought to NSO?

Like you can only transfer and do other stuff if you pay for the Pokemon app--something like that.

I can see them giving Gen 1 to NSO since those were on 3DS and the remake has sold through on Switch by now. Trying to sell those again would probably just hit the wall of diminishing returns pretty hard, so you might as well bundle them into a service.

Maybe they would do Gen 2 since that was on 3DS as well and maybe they decided Let's Go didn't do well enough to continue on as a series.

I just have a hard time imagining them going beyond that because bundling something into the base tier of NSO is essentially giving them away for free. It's $20/year split across all the online features, including the trading and battling features people would expect. TPC is going to see very little of that in profit.

And I have a REALLY hard time believing they would fold in the GBA games/remakes anytime soon. I feel like those games haven't been monetized enough yet to just dump them into a service.
You familiar with the 18+ NSO app in Japan for Jet Force Gemini and GoldenEye 007? They would do the same thing for Pokemon and disable cloud saves and save states/rewind, which they also did on the 3DS.

But I still think they will be rolled into NSO itself.

#TeamJanuary is having our 2nd Direct happen today and we're still only in the first month of January

And wouldn't you know it our detractors have gotten awfully quiet lately...

giphy.gif
Just wait until the 2nd and 3rd month of Jan, that's where the big stuff arrives.

Yeah, they can definitely be harder to go back to than a lot of people realize. Some parts of it just feel so archaic or are just flat-out slow. The quality of life features have made modern Pokemon games pretty easy in comparison but I really don't miss some things like the HM system.
I think the thing for me is that FireRed was my first Pokemon game. That's my intro to Pokemon and Gen 1. I only got to play Pokemon Red when it was being sold on the 3ds. I beat it but it felt meh. It was just slower and limiting, which if im correct is because of the cartridge storage size.

And while I don't care for the HM system or random encounters I'd have no issue replaying FireRed or Ruby. I'd shell a few bucks for them. Definitely not for the OG games. Not again lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom