• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep an eye out for an indie game shadowdrop tomorrow at the State of Play. If it's not there, we have a Direct on our hands. If it is, start to worry.
If my memory doesn't fail me, we never had any shadow drops at State of Plays. That's more of a Direct thing. MS also did few times.

Looking forward to the State of Play tomorrow, at least will tie me over a bit until the Direct.

That one day with both a Direct and State of Play was funny lol. Though both ended up being not too exciting

Since we are in a calm period right now, what games are y’all playing as we wait for the Direct?

I’m juggling Under Night In-Birth II and Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth myself and having a great time with both.
finally getting around to Tomb Raider 2013

It's been sitting in my Steam backlog for ages and it's pretty fun. Though I will say, going in knowing basically nothing specific, I was expecting something more Raiders of the Lost Ark and what I got has so far leaned decidedly more Temple of Doom

Since we are in a calm period right now, what games are y’all playing as we wait for the Direct?

I’m juggling Under Night In-Birth II and Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth myself and having a great time with both.
TEKKENNNNN 8 (And also starting Octo Expansion in preparation for a video later in the month)

Juggling like 11 games right now, but I’m currently trying to finally finish Hades.

I made the mistake of picking up the Among Us DLC for Vampire Survivors.

Golden Sun and soon Suicide Squad come the weekend.

Rotating between Persona 3 Portable, Splatoon 3, and, of course, Super Mega Baseball 3.
Trying to squeeze in the first Etrian Odyssey game at some point too.

Been working through TLOU2 Remastered since release, and slowly chipping away at what must be my 10th run of BOTW. Having a blast with both - I'm genuinely enjoying how pleasantly fresh BOTW feels after dumping 400 hours into TOTK since it came out

Finally decided to try Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, and I am not disappointed. I’m impressed with how faithful the game remains to traditional FE in terms of gameplay, while still being a hack-and-slash. I didn’t really care for Age of Calamity just because the gameplay felt pretty disconnected from BotW (for the record, I totally understand why and I don’t blame the game for it), but that’s not really the case here. I’m very impressed.

Haven’t responded to all of them, but I’ve been really enjoying reading what you’ve all been playing lately. This has made for a great chill day in thread :)

Haven’t responded to all of them, but I’ve been really enjoying reading what you’ve all been playing lately. This has made for a great chill day in thread :)
I’m not very well so am curled up under a blanket playing Ara Fell as it was the first rpg in my backlog that popped up while scrolling through. Feeling very nostalgic for being off school sick in the 90s and playing Secret of Mana :)

I’m not very well so am curled up under a blanket playing Ara Fell as it was the first rpg in my backlog that popped up while scrolling through. Feeling very nostalgic for being off school sick in the 90s and playing Secret of Mana :)
I like when you are sick enough to have to stay home, but not sick enough to enjoy video games. That’s the sweet spot.

Hope you feel better soon PixelKnight :)

In any case, all eyes are on State of Play.... I don't think we'll have anything on Direct until tomorrow.
Yeah State of Play will be interesting to watch since usually some of the smaller stuff there pops up on Switch too.

Also Valkryia Chronicles IV rules. Glad you are enjoying it :)

Still Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix! It's been pretty fun to revisit it after all these years. Genuinely forgot how much of an improvement over the original it is in most areas. Makes me excited to replay BBS as well.

Still Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix! It's been pretty fun to revisit it after all these years. Genuinely forgot how much of an improvement over the original it is in most areas. Makes me excited to replay BBS as well.

I just finished Kingdom Hearts 1.5 for the first time ever and absolutely loved it. Started Kingdom Hearts Re:coded but not really feeling the card battle system. Might watch that on YouTube and play Kingdom Hearts 2. :)

Currently playing Persona 4 Golden for the first time. Taking my time and really enjoying the vibes and atmosphere of Inaba.

Hopefully Switch 2 gets Metaphor and P3R (definitive edition since there is a new leak/rumour that it's getting multiple DLCs/expansions which includes The Answer and no FeMc lol)

Nice! Didn’t know you rolled right into it. KH2 is my favorite game in the series :)

I just finished Kingdom Hearts 1.5 for the first time ever and absolutely loved it. Started Kingdom Hearts Re:coded but not really feeling the card battle system. Might watch that on YouTube and play Kingdom Hearts 2. :)
I assume you mean Re:Chain of Memories? Yeah, the card system makes a lot of the fights pretty much luck-based, was an issue with the original on GBA as well.

Nice! Didn’t know you rolled right into it. KH2 is my favorite game in the series :)
I'm already in Port Royale 🙃

i’ve been slowly playing through the Final Fantasy VII games in preparation for Rebirth!!

right now i’ve been going through Crisis Core Reunion and it’s been very interesting haha — the gameplay and story weren’t what i expected i guess, but i honestly really like it in a weird way?? mainly that i thought it’d be a lot more serious for some reason but it comes off as pretty silly 😅

I'm making my way through the first Baten Kaitos still. Sports season (rugby) starts this weekend which'll eat into my gaming time, so Odin knows how long it'll take me to get through the various parts of my Pile. I forgot I'd bought Chants of Sennaar and Star Ocean 2 remake, woops.

i’ve been slowly playing through the Final Fantasy VII games in preparation for Rebirth!!

right now i’ve been going through Crisis Core Reunion and it’s been very interesting haha — the gameplay and story weren’t what i expected i guess, but i honestly really like it in a weird way?? mainly that i thought it’d be a lot more serious for some reason but it comes off as pretty silly 😅
Nice! My favorite parts of Crisis Core were definitely some of the more silly parts too like learning about how Sephiroth cares for his hair haha.

GIVE
IT
UP
FOR
JANUARY 31TH!!!
Well that's it for Team January.

Huh... I wonder what else happens on January 31st... hmm..

Nothing that important I suppose...

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate...
Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope.
Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are...Death awaits you."

Well that's it for Team January.

Huh... I wonder what else happens on January 31st... hmm..

Nothing that important I suppose...

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate...
Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope.
Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are...Death awaits you."
There are still 29 days of January left, so…

Finally playing pikmin 4 and it’s gorgeous , if the next switch is really as powerful as it’s rumored tgen pikmin 5 might be the best looking game ever made.
And for when I can’t use my switch I’m replaying the original pikmin, probably going to play pikmin 2 too since it’s the only one I never played.

So in a few hours we're entering the month when Silksong's release date will finally be revealed. That's rather crazy to think about.
Why should you even care for silksong when the developers of the award winning (soon) Palword game are releasing their next original magnum opus Never Grave set to take the entire world by storm which will expose Team Cherry for their laziness?

You mean 355! We never loose! :poop:

Team January:

DaDdt1B.png

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom