• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like mario but I'm going to be honest with 2d mario I'm like " ok cool I will play it" it dosent get me as hype as when they show 3d mario "I need to play this right now" its probably cause 2d mario has been so oversaturated in the recent decade with all the new super mario games and 3d mario games feel more like a event. Why I am not too hyped for mario wonder just lukewarm about it. So for me the direct wasent the greatest thing Even as a mario fan, also mario rog remake is cool but it is just a remake of a snes game so I know what to expect, I'm interested to play it but I'm not over the moon hyped about it
Of course I'm always more excited for 3D Mario but this is the first 2D Mario since 2012. I don't count Mario Maker since even the official levels weren't typical Mario levels, they were demonstrations of the tools.
Am I crazy hyped? No but I'm there day one.

Hmm so definitely no General Direct next week? 15 minutes is a big deal and Nintendo doesn’t do those huge segments in directs anymore.

So, it wouldn’t necessarily mean no direct next week.

Of course I'm always more excited for 3D Mario but this is the first 2D Mario since 2012. I don't count Mario Maker since even the official levels weren't typical Mario levels, they were demonstrations of the tools.
Am I crazy hyped? No but I'm there day one.
Yes I'm going to play it but I'm not that hyped compared to other people especially on this forum. To me its just a small Mario game until we get the next big one and for that one I will be hyped

No start or END with Mario wonder in the September direct. This shiz actually makes me more excited for the September direct. Metroid Prime 4’s chances of being shown has increased.

Happy that SMB Wonder will have its own direct. It should include Miyamoto + Martinet segment announcement his retire as Mario voice, lots of gameplay and OLED model announcement.

I expect general direct to be air at september 13/14th, it should still include Wonder but as a simple headline with not many time. Probably focusing on early 2024 titles.

Last edited:
Oh btw. ... do you folks think this might also be where they have the Martinet / Miyamoto video they've announced last week?

My guess is this new Mario direct will also include a farewell to Martinet in the role and an introduction to the new voice of the character. Makes sense to keep all of that separate from a normal September general direct.

Cant wait for the "No Sep direct then" discourse lol. This does not affect anything.
If anything this just means that the September Direct won't feature a large segment on Mario Wonder. Just something brief and then saying "Btw it comes out October 20th"

I’m guessing they don’t want to give 15 minutes to one game at a September Direct, which is interesting because I thought this would be a relatively small Direct after we had one in June!

There will definitely be a proverbial passing of the torch. They will announce that Miyamoto is doing Mario's voice himself now since the Star Fox VR ride was cancelled because it actually had a new story.

My guess is this new Mario direct will also include a farewell to Martinet in the role and an introduction to the new voice of the character. Makes sense to keep all of that separate from a normal September general direct.
this is a very good guessing, tbf. Anyway, 15 mins is a lot so i guess the game could be very meaty in terms of modes, gimmicks, power up etc. can't wait.

This game is obviously going to be on the Nintendo Live show floor so they want to head off any leaked stuff. That’s the timing in my opinion.

nervous-laughter-what-the-fuck.gif

Hope this isn’t the only direct we get… they aren’t gonna announce Yakuza 0 at a Mario Direct!!!!!!!

Amazing they will dedicate a full direct to the game. There's still the misconception of it being a smaller game due to being a 2D platformer, like what happened with Dread two years ago. This will be a megaton and I have to say it's the first time in almost 25 years that I'm hyper exited about a 2D Mario. It's somehow reminiscent to the Mario World hype to me.

That said I won't be watching the direct. The game will be my Christmas gif so I don't want to see too much about it. The waiting will be hard, but it's worthy just for the feeling of playing a new 2D Mario on the Christmas morning like when I was a kid.

I'm surprised they're doing a Direct this early. The game is still around two months out. Normally game specific Directs don't happen until a month out.

Wonder having a similar marketing timeline to Dread is something I should’ve foreseen.

Big 2D game announced in June Direct -> next trailer late August -> probably September Direct highlight -> launch

I'm surprised they're doing a Direct this early. The game is still around two months out. Normally game specific Directs don't happen until a month out.

It's likely going to be playable at this live event they have soon, so they gotta have the infos out before.

They’re clearly doing this cuz they want to give the game a second look before we’re a month out. We’ll get this direct later in the week and then a general will follow in two weeks talking about everything else

nervous-laughter-what-the-fuck.gif

Hope this isn’t the only direct we get… they aren’t gonna announce Yakuza 0 at a Mario Direct!!!!!!!
Actually they will.
There will be an arcade in Mario Wonder world map (as well as a Karaoke, Dance Club and other stuff), in the arcade there will be a Yakuza 0 machine.

20230829-092206-0000.png

/s

(I have anxiety though so I will indeed live with doubt until the moment a real Direct is announced)
(Also it's still Twitter, don't come at me with that X nonsense)

This Direct means that Super Mario Bros Wonder will be a very important game for Nintendo :)

I don't know if I'll watch it, I want to keep it a surprise!

For the Nintendo Direct, go for F-Zero, Metroid Prime 4 and new Donkey Kong! :cool:😛

This Direct means that Super Mario Bros Wonder will be a very important game for Nintendo :)

I don't know if I'll watch it, I want to keep it a surprise!

For the Nintendo Direct, go for F-Zero, Metroid Prime 4 and new Donkey Kong! :cool:😛

But you're going to miss Miyamoto and Martinet if you don't watch it!

I'm really excited for the Super Mario Bros. Wonder Direct honestly!! It probably means they have a lot more that they want to show that can't be fit into a five minute segment and they want all eyes on it which is really fun in my opinion!! :)

Nice that we are getting two directs soon. Are we thinking its two weeks from now or still next week? I expect a small trailer for Wonder there still

My money was always on the week of the 11th. Feeling better about that prediction.

20230829-092206-0000.png

/s

(I have anxiety though so I will indeed live with doubt until the moment a real Direct is announced)
(Also it's still Twitter, don't come at me with that X nonsense)
in the future directs will stop and all trailers will be dripfeed through twitter /s (I hope his never happens cause I love directs) I think in 2020 they did stuff like paper mario oragami king and age of calamity like that but that was probably cause of covid.

in the future directs will stop and all trailers will be dripfeed through twitter /s (I hope his never happens cause I love direct) I think in 2020 they did stuff like paper mario oragami king and age of calamity like that but that was probably cause of covid.
Totally. Directs help me find and have my interest piqued in games I wouldn't see otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom