• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, remember a few months ago we had this on twitter

[tweet]

With the talk about Nintendo being active on socials, I wonder if they see how much people want ED and would let Nightdive do the work? Either that or Nightdive calling this out on Twitter means they are blacklisted haha.

Funny though, Emily mentioning last week how Nintendo are really keen on remastering but seems they are not keen on letting 3rd party devs help them do it?

We know that's completely untrue, though. Tantalus have done 2 Zelda re-releases; Grezzo have done four when you count Four Swords on DSi. MercurySteam did Samus Returns; WayForward have done Advance Wars; Mages did Famicom Detective Club. Numerous external studios - including Western teams - have been handed Nintendo properties to remaster or remake, including prestigious franchises like Metroid and Zelda.

Nintendo not wanting to work on whatever Nightdive proposed tell us very little, other than Nintendo didn't see the point in Nightdive's proposal.

I don't expect anymore new(ish) Microsoft first party games to be appear on Nintendo systems anytime soon or ever again. Microsoft is having a hard time developing games for their own systems. Making Switch ports would divert resources that they don't have. Microsoft put games like Ori out on Switch because they were old by then and no longer selling in high numbers. So Switch ports made sense to tap into a larger install base. But now Microsoft is 100% on their Game Pass model. They need exclusives to keep people subscribed to that ecosystem.

We know that's completely untrue, though. Tantalus have done 2 Zelda re-releases; Grezzo have done four when you count Four Swords on DSi. MercurySteam did Samus Returns; WayForward have done Advance Wars; Mages did Famicom Detective Club. Numerous external studios - including Western teams - have been handed Nintendo properties to remaster or remake, including prestigious franchises like Metroid and Zelda.

Nintendo not wanting to work on whatever Nightdive proposed tell us very little, other than Nintendo didn't see the point in Nightdive's proposal.
Yeah. There is a lot more to this than just, “Studio made pitch and released other old games, but Nintendo said no so they don’t like working with third parties on remasters.” Maybe the pitch wasn’t very good or it conflicts with some other project or initiative they have going at Nintendo.

Yeah. There is a lot more to this than just, “Studio made pitch and released other old games, but Nintendo said no so they don’t like working with third parties on remasters.” Maybe the pitch wasn’t very good or it conflicts with some other project or initiative they have going at Nintendo.

You see people, the truth straight from a Nintendo producer's mouth. Nightdives proposal sucked so that's why Barely Able rejected it.

I don't expect anymore new(ish) Microsoft first party games to be appear on Nintendo systems anytime soon or ever again. Microsoft is having a hard time developing games for their own systems. Making Switch ports would divert resources that they don't have. Microsoft put games like Ori out on Switch because they were old by then and no longer selling in high numbers. So Switch ports made sense to tap into a larger install base. But now Microsoft is 100% on their Game Pass model. They need exclusives to keep people subscribed to that ecosystem.
Yeah, id say at this point if you really want banjo and conker, grab a series s. It was definitely cool that ms agreed to let banjo on nso, but im not sure if that will continue. Hopefully we get diddy kong racing and dk 64 at least on nso

Would love to see Grezzo's new game there by the way.
I think there's question marks over whether Grezzo's next game is with Nintendo. I expect the two companies to keep working together, but maybe the Jet Dragon project is a self-published game from Grezzo. Maybe it's still on Switch, or maybe it's mobile, but there's the possibility Grezzo do their own thing before their next Nintendo title.

Hopefully whatever they're doing is for Switch - I'd like to see something original from them on Switch.

I wondered if maybe Nintendo were already working on a Eternal Darkness remaster, they must see it’s quite a highly requested remaster.

I wondered if maybe Nintendo were already working on a Eternal Darkness remaster, they must see it’s quite a highly requested remaster.
It might be too much of a tangle given the original development arrangements.

There's also the simple possibility Nintendo weren't interested in Nightdive as opposed to it having anything to do with Eternal Darkness. On Switch, Nightdive have done fairly basic eShop only remasters which keep the original visual profile of the N64 games, for example; if they proposed something like that, then I'm not surprised Nintendo turned it down.

Yeah, id say at this point if you really want banjo and conker, grab a series s. It was definitely cool that ms agreed to let banjo on nso, but im not sure if that will continue. Hopefully we get diddy kong racing and dk 64 at least on nso
DK64 won't be a problem because Nintendo own the rights. Diddy Kong Racing presumably has a higher chance at a re-release than it has done for some time, and I'm not sure I'd rule out Rare's other games. There's little threat to Microsoft or Xbox if a handful of 20 to 25 year old games are available via emulation on Switch.

Thank you for your answers ! I asked because I have to organize myself with the classes and my friends to watch the nd xD

That and Ori's a special case in that while Microsoft owns the IP, Moon Studios themselves are independent and they wanted to bring the games over to Switch, and Microsoft obliged. Also worth pointing out that they didn't even bother publishing Ori 2, they had Iam8bit do the honors.

Best we can hope for is more Rare games on NSO.

And I will witness them lose live and in person (I hope so but don’t think that will happen).
You never know! On paper the Broncos seem pretty favored, but after the last few seasons I would never underestimate their ability to shoot themselves in the foot.

(also have a great time! That'll be a blast)

Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Pokemon...

Switch is Nintendo's best RPG system since SNES.

The best yet in my humble opinion. Dragon Quest XI S, Final Fantasy VII - XII, Trials of Mana, Collection of Mana, Romancing SaGa 2 & 3, SaGa Frontier, Shin Megami Tensei III & V, Persona 3 - 5, Tales of Vesperia, ...and many others...

The Switch is the dream machine for everybody into Japanese RPGs, especially the all-time classics.

How would you react?
New_Project_21.png

Maybe Nintendo just thinks that Eternal Darkness stinks
Of the cost to produce the remake was higher then Nintendo thought it would recoup. I have a friend who programs for a board game site called Board Game Arena, and he's informed me there are some very popular games the site/publishers want adapted, but nobody has volunteered to program it for free and the quotes from people like my friend to do it full time were "too expensive".

Of the cost to produce the remake was higher then Nintendo thought it would recoup. I have a friend who programs for a board game site called Board Game Arena, and he's informed me there are some very popular games the site/publishers want adapted, but nobody has volunteered to program it for free and the quotes from people like my friend to do it full time were "too expensive".
Oh yeah, it's probably a combination of factors. I do think that if someone had a really good pitch for a new one Nintendo would probably give it a try and also greenlight a remaster of the first one.

Still hoping for a 2D Mario announcement. I am currently really in the mood for some 2D goodness from Nintendo. The last one was 10 years ago.

How many new EPD announcements are we expecting? 2D Mario seems like a lock but if 2D is there than there is very small chance of 3D Mario from Tokyo showing up (so time for the 2D one). But announcing 2 - 2D platformers in one Direct does not seem very likely. Also, it would be hype if EPD9 have something to show after all.

How many new EPD announcements are we expecting? 2D Mario seems like a lock but if 2D is there than there is very small chance of 3D Mario from Tokyo showing up (so time for the 2D one). But announcing 2 - 2D platformers in one Direct does not seem very likely. Also, it would be hype if EPD9 have something to show after all.
We won't see 3D Mario well after Donkey Kong imo. If EPD 8 is really working on one. They won't promote 2 games by the same studio at the same time.

So what are the content expectations with all the rumours going around?

In terms of betting odds, Fire Emblem seems like the runaway favorite. Out of all the internet rumors, that has the most solid foundation.

An NSO update seems like another strong possibility for this Direct.

We won't see 3D Mario well after Donkey Kong imo. If EPD 8 is really working on one. They won't promote 2 games by the same studio at the same time.
Makes sense, but don't really know how they want to handle it because if DK is H1 2023 game then they need to announce next 3D Mario even when the game is not really out imo. But I still believe that Mario game is tied to the movie, or close to each other, was hoping for 3D Mario all the time but it will really be the 2D one, releasing in late January or February, it just depends on when BOTW2 ships.

Makes sense, but don't really know how they want to handle it because if DK is H1 2023 game then they need to announce next 3D Mario even when the game is not really out imo. But I still believe that Mario game is tied to the movie, or close to each other, was hoping for 3D Mario all the time but it will really be the 2D one, releasing in late January or February, it just depends on when BOTW2 ships.
they still can announce it at E3 (lol?) next year. If we see 3D Mario it will be a teaser. I guess. Not a full announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom