• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way we don’t win by dog piling

either someone is trolling and they get the attention they want

or they are misspoken and get driven away

that said, rules don’t always exist in threads like these lmao

Age of Calamity's performance is actually its artistic vision, it's an easy mistake to make.

The Switch - 4K Model will actually help achieve it even better, halving the framerate

Sure but that was likely said in a heat-of-the-moment way mainly because they felt the need to get defensive. We should try to be more welcoming IMO and try to wait for clarification of the initial point/argument before mocking and dogpiling people.
I can't argue with that, but "low-budget iterative sequel" is also a really funny statement

Considering Hyrule Warriors DE (handheld) hasnt been patched still I have 0 hopes for the Koei games in general to be patched
Same. I suppose rather than an actual patch im excited by the prospect of a more stable framerate thanks to new hardware and potential for automated upscaling (i dont know how that works tho so someone please educate me if not lol)

I guess there is some smoke to there being some hardware reveal.
I'm sorry but I'm just so sick and tired of this "Switch has no games" argument just because we don't have a new 3D Mario or Mario Kart. And it's not even this forum really, it's YouTube, reddit, and Twitter. We're getting four really big games in H2 and only one is "more of the same". Xenoblade looks epic for those who like that sort of game, Mario + Rabbids looks like GOTY material, and Pokemon finally entered the Switch era and gave us an open world and seamless multiplayer. We just got a brand new 3D Kirby, Switch Sports, Mario Strikers (however disappointing it might be), and a new Fire Emblem spinoff. We have a ton of great third party games and Indies coming out this year. Can we stop this bullshit narrative already?
This is exactly why I don't buy this idea that Nintendo is going to or has to have some sort of 1st party direct this month and not just have there normal September direct. I find that people are looking too deep into the fact that Nintendo didn't do their annual June direct, but they've also never shown us most of their hand for a year in the 1st quarter.

But then again it's all weird so maybe some big 1st party direct in July would make it make sense somehow lmao.

I have this simple calculation. Do you know what that means? Yes, Pikmin 4 will be looking beautifully on that Nintendo Switch - 4K Model

y'all talking about Mario and Zelda on the new Switch but imagine that sweet, crisp Xenoblade graphics shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

It's hilarious that you all accuse me of being disingenuous while posting stuff like this. I was obviously talking about upcoming first party Nintendo games. I was talking about this in the context of a pro console and how this should effect Nintendo's software scheduling. Obviously that means games like Bayo or already released games really have nothing to do with this. But I know you don't care.
I don't want to make anybody feel excluded. I just think that, regardless of context, "Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (low-budget, iterative sequel)" is one of the funniest things I've read on this cursed website. For better or for worse.

By the way, I'm curious when was the last time we knew so little about Nintendo's upcoming software. Right now we know about 3 first party games total, and 2 of them are releasing very soon.
This is heaven compared to back in 2020 where we knew about basically nothing coming to Switch within 12 months.

This is just another case of KT doing KT things, they should have capped the game at 30fps but they didnt for unknown reasons that cant be ‘Pro’ just because the game will need a patch anyway for the Pro
I’m hoping it’s intentional at least as I want to save some runs for the new models as I just feels like the new model is coming soon.

The Switch Pro is a vibe and not an actual product change my mind
FDXHtv2UcAMxRNV.jpg

OK.

Nintendo Switch - 4K Model
Reveal: July 13th
Release: October 20th
Will rely on DLSS to get up to 4K
'Launch' Games:
  • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
  • Metroid Prime 4K
This is my prediction.

Locking it in now.
You forgot BOTW: Enhanced Edition with pretty new visual effects and 4K60 selling it at 60$

By the way, I'm curious when was the last time we knew so little about Nintendo's upcoming software. Right now we know about 3 first party games total, and 2 of them are releasing very soon.
It's not that unusual in recent years. 2021 especially had a fairly empty release schedule ahead of the first two Directs; hence there being a bunch of Nintendo announcements each time for games launching within 4 to 5 months of the Direct.

Plus, even if things aren't officially announced, hiring calls and leaks give a good picture of the amount of software in the works.

You forgot BOTW: Enhanced Edition with pretty new visual effects and 4K60 selling it at 60$
Whilst BotW is the likeliest candidate for a 4K patch, I really don't see Nintendo releasing the same game twice on the same platform. Even if it's a New 3DS-like Switch 4K exclusive.

Listen, dog-piling is bad and I'm sorry that it's gone this way. But the entire basis for this thread is people asking where the first party announcements are, so entering the the thread and combatively asking the same question framed as a revelatory counterargument is of course inflammatory

After Animal Crossing released in early 2020 we had a grand total of zero first party games dated, until the mini direct a little bit after that.

Imagine in a February Direct when Takahashi revealed Xenoblade 3 he would said: And that was the trailer for a Xenoblade Chronicles 3 the low budget, interative sequel. I hope you are looking forward to it.
"And while we are at it: I know Elden Ring releases soon so I thought we should release another teaser. beforet hat game drops, for our by the numbers Zelda sequel that will take 6 years so fuck it. Oh yeah sorry for slipping. BotW 2 is delayed. Fuck game development man."

The joke for the past couple of years has been Nintendo is not announcing much until game X releases in order to give game X some breathing room.

While that is mainly a joke, it does feel like there's a bit of truth to it. They seem to like focusing their marketing on the main upcoming game before talking about what else they have in the pipeline.

something I’ve been thinking about is that how BotW, and to a lesser extent Three Houses, have become kind of the “face” of their franchises on Switch. Basically, they’re receiving a fleshing out that we typically don’t get because both Zelda and Fire Emblem are typically anthology series.

Now they are different, in BotW’s case, we got DLC and a Warriors game specifically dedicated to that world. AND we’re getting a full blown sequel to it. It doesn’t seem like Nintendo is ready to move on to the next big era of Zelda that switches things up.

For three houses, we also got post launch support and a Warriors game that fleshes out its world more. However going by leaks, it seems like that’s where three houses content will stop - the next FE seems to be back to being brand new.

Anyways, I wonder with all these new fans who are used to these worlds, if there will be demand that makes Nintendo go back to them more than they usually do for these franchises.

Specifically in BotW’s case, I wonder if BotW2 will be the last game that takes place in that world. Part of me wonders if all 3D Zeldas in the future will be closely related to BotW beyond just timeline connections that we used to have

I don't like to make off topic posts but to be clear I don't mind people disagreeing with me even in a heated way.
Obviously people here are extremely aggressively waiting for a switch pro so I expect people to get angry when I say I don't think one is coming.
But I'm also not going to stop giving my opinion on that even though it makes people angry, because I still believe it and I think that disagreement and debate are great things.

I agree with the possible Nintendo Switch - "X" model convention. I don't like 4K model though. OLED model worked for me cause yeah, same chip, OLED display, the expectations are set.

But with a power differential that Drake suggests, with performance enhancements in both docked and handheld play, with the ability to bring third party multiplats like Elden Ring (note: ability ! = it happening, just that the hardware is capable), 4k model isn't doing it for me.

Though, this isn't a prediction, just my opinion on it as a potential name. I didnt like the name "new" 3DS but I forked over the dough anyway.

I can't argue with that, but "low-budget iterative sequel" is also a really funny statement
I've heard that same exact phrase applied to BotW2. And as BotW2 gets its big blowout reveal, I'm expecting to hear a lot more of it. To my chagrin.

The joke for the past couple of years has been Nintendo is not announcing much until game X releases in order to give game X some breathing room.

While that is mainly a joke, it does feel like there's a bit of truth to it. They seem to like focusing their marketing on the main upcoming game before talking about what else they have in the pipeline.
I mean it makes logistical sense, but it’s been proven wrong a ton to the point where it’s just coincidental if it happens at this point.

Like we got a Xenoblade 3 Direct the day before Three Hopes

Pro isn't about the hardware, it's about the gamer. To find the Pro, you must look within yourself. Tin find your the courage to beat a Dark Souls game or pretend to have done so to a bunch of random people on the internet.

I think the reason people don't take kindly to this (possible) strategy is because we have such massive and ever-growing backlogs that the notion of "waiting until we're done with one thing before adding another thing onto the plate," is preposterous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom