• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually listening to the pod Jeff is making Nintendo sound like hoarders, sitting on several finished games

ln78HZJ.jpg

I had a dream where a guy made fun of me and my feelings were hurt

there was more to it but that was basically it
I had a dream that there was a direct on the 1st, but when it started, a black void with Mario’s face appeared saying “I T ‘ S N O T T O D A Y” then it swallowed me whole

I’m a big fan of Grubb and Mikes podcasts, been listening for years. I see a lot of posts misinterpreting their information:

The only thing they are certain of is Twilight Princess/WW HD in the direct. They said it was a game name dropped for them-that’s why they believe it’s not a partner. Also, mike even clarified it’s the only thing he’s willing to put himself out there for, everything else is speculation.

Even the “Zelda blowout” is just a guess based on them assuming BOTW2 being there

The kid Icarus thing seemed to be based on general rumors on the internet, not inside sources, but I’ll say that isn’t 100% clear

I need to listen to the podcast. 'Luckily' I'm still ill after my flight so I'll be hanging around the apartment again so I'll have plenty of time to listen.

I’m a big fan of Grubb and Mikes podcasts, been listening for years. I see a lot of posts misinterpreting their information:

The only thing they are certain of is Twilight Princess/WW HD in the direct. They said it was a game name dropped for them-that’s why they believe it’s not a partner. Also, mike even clarified it’s the only thing he’s willing to put himself out there for, everything else is speculation.

Even the “Zelda blowout” is just a guess based on them assuming BOTW2 being there

The kid Icarus thing seemed to be based on general rumors on the internet, not inside sources, but I’ll say that isn’t 100% clear
Look I don't want to actually listen to a podcast, I just want to wildly claim shit I want and attribute it to a podcast with clout.

In regards to "hoarding games"... i feel more its that their scheduleis full.
Why? games that where planed to release earlier wherepushed back during covid and now they have a backlog ofunreleased games... and some have clearly priority over others.
Or they try to keep some in hand for the moments where production lacks behind, so they dont have droughts.

Also: fami, you lied to me, i expected an anouncement. you all broke my heart =O

I really am lost in what there plan for the next year is. so many options, so little clear stuff. and honestly, ports sound like filler (prime, zelda...), so im really curious whats the main course.

It can be a very good direct announcement. Like FF at 2018, something like “All MGS titles will be available soon at Switch!”.
I think you mean "All MGS titles will be available soon, except for MGS4 because that one is too complicated for us to port for any system and it's therefore doomed to be stuck on the PS3." :cry:

I think you mean "All MGS titles will be available soon, except for MGS4 because that one is too complicated for us to port for any system and it's therefore doomed to be stuck on the PS3." :cry:

Nothing of value would be lost. One of the most aggressively boring games of that generation. Brain damaging plot, the "beauties" are cringe incarnated and what it feels like 45 hours of cutscenes I couldn't care less about because everything is explained by "yeah, nanomachines did it".

miss me with Wind Waker but I've never played Twilight Princess so I'd give that a shot

Quoted by: Leo
Re. Nintendo hoarding games: Emily suggested it is at least partially a response to the Wii U era difficulties. Nintendo effectively want a 'reserve' of software to be available when things are delayed and the release schedule needs shuffling about.

But it does sound like, this year, Nintendo have ended up with more than they anticipated. It'll be interesting to see what that means for 2023.

Re. Nintendo hoarding games: Emily suggested it is at least partially a response to the Wii U era difficulties. Nintendo effectively want a 'reserve' of software to be available when things are delayed and the release schedule needs shuffling about.

But it does sound like, this year, Nintendo have ended up with more than they anticipated. It'll be interesting to see what that means for 2023.

They do a Xenoblade 3 and move the release of BotW 2 directly to January!

Pre-Direct Me: I'm going to be sensible and dial down what I'm buying later this year and only buy things I'm sure I'll finish

Post-Direct Me: fuck yeah bring on bankruptcy and too many games anxiety WOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom