• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the GCN U Zeldas exist (that's my new favorite term for them), but I will not believe they're happening in this Direct until I see it.

Actually, I might still refuse to believe it just for funsies.

Wasn't it suggested way back in 2020 that there was no way Nintendo would sell Mario 64, Galaxy, and Sunshine together for $60? I don't know what makes WW/TP that different.

(I mean, I get that they are HD rereleases and w/e but it isn't insane to think they will bundle them)

I believe the GCN U Zeldas exist (that's my new favorite term for them), but I will not believe they're happening in this Direct until I see it.

Actually, I might still refuse to believe it just for funsies.

I just hope if we get them at all, that Nintendo wouldn't have the balls to give us the old ass 4:3 GameCube versions and not the much nicer HD remakes. I would legit flip out. Been waiting for these ports for years now. One of the rare gaming things that would straight up anger me.

I just hope if we get them at all, that Nintendo wouldn't have the balls to give us the old ass 4:3 GameCube versions and not the much nicer HD remakes. I would legit flip out. Been waiting for these ports for years now. One of the rare gaming things that would straight up anger me.
There's zero reason to expect that.

We’re not getting GC versions. That’s not even in the conversation.

Wasn't it suggested way back in 2020 that there was no way Nintendo would sell Mario 64, Galaxy, and Sunshine together for $60? I don't know what makes WW/TP that different.

(I mean, I get that they are HD rereleases and w/e but it isn't insane to think they will bundle them)
3D All-Stars was believed to be closer to a native remake. The sentiment was that if it were all three, then they'd probably just be emulated, as they ended up being.

There were some who thought they wouldn't even do that of course, but I don't remember them being a particularly large group.

Threads dead. Famiboards staff about to drop another Mini Partner Direct rumor on Discord to drive up panic and clicks.

WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif
1661922749740.gif

Does this guy “Switchum” have any credibility? He says his sources say September 13 👀
This is totally not a Twitter account I just made 4 memez*

*it is

why are people talking about a new Custom Robo game all of a sudden
It took nearly 11 months, but I finally fell for one of your shitposts, and I got sad 😢 I really believed for a hot second that the Custom Robo fanbase was finally rising after so many years lol

As I won't have a Direct, please either Nintendo or Atlus hold a sale Thursday. I'm in agony with how miserable my life's been, and that's without my probably harder semester of college beginning, could really use buying Shin Megami Tensei V or Super Mario 3D World+ Bowser's Fury with the funds I already have.

GameXplain probably knows Everyone 1-2 Switch and Metroid Prime will be in the direct. I wouldn’t expect the 1-2 Switch sequel in a direct going off of what the game sounded like, but you never know.

I’m not sure how great this direct will be because of the upcoming Drake. Nintendo will save games for its reveal. We got rumors of ports, ports and a new Fire Emblem currently. Can we please see a new mainline Mario or DK game?

What's this about a Zelda blowout?1?1/1/

Also, Switch Pro needs to come, I haven't been able to play Xenoblade 3 (and I was only able to play one round of Splatoon 3), because my Switch is overheating (I likely just have to clean the fan, but it's clearly time for an upgrade).

Sorry guys, I've been so busy with work and school is starting again for me next week I've been out of the loop for a month

Someone update me!

Every time the Zelda ports are brought up you folk trip over yourselves to come up with the shittiest ways Nintendo could sell them. Stop being so miserable all the time jesus christ.

GameXplain probably knows Everyone 1-2 Switch and Metroid Prime will be in the direct. I wouldn’t expect the 1-2 Switch sequel in a direct going off of what the game sounded like, but you never know.

I’m not sure how great this direct will be because of the upcoming Drake. Nintendo will save games for its reveal. We got rumors of ports, ports and a new Fire Emblem currently. Can we please see a new mainline Mario or DK game?
I think it's actually the other way around. They'll have to announce/reveal games this September Direct so when they drop the Drake reveal trailer/PR they have games coming or released to show on its trailer.

Look at how OLED trailer had clips of BotW 2, Splatoon 3, and, of course, its launch title, Metroid Dread.

I think they'll have Zelda trailer and date this Direct, Metroid Prime Remake+4 teaser, Fire Emblem Next and God permit a megaton for holiday 2023 like a new 3D Mario. Then, in January or whenever they announce Drake, it has footage of all those games being played at 4K TVs and the model is revealed to come the same day as BotW 2.

I think Donkey Kong Next, whatever F-Zero, maaaaaybe Pikmin 4, Star Fox and Resident Evil Switch are E3 2023 material, mostly being 2024 stuff. Big spotlight/focus would be Metroid Prime 4 and 3D Mario tho.

February Direct I would call for Astral Chain 2 reveal or DK or 3D Mario if they're 2024.

Ah... really not excited for an FE4 remake unless they change a lot about it. Shadows of Valentia suffered by keeping old map design, hopefully they learned their lesson.

I've gone from "probably no Zelda in the Direct" to "there's going to be at least five minutes of Aonuma talking about it, a story trailer and a title reveal for Botw 2 and then Wind Waker and Twilight Princess announced for like next month"

Every time the Zelda ports are brought up you folk trip over yourselves to come up with the shittiest ways Nintendo could sell them. Stop being so miserable all the time jesus christ.
The Zelda ports will be sold in a limited quantity exclusively on the Nintendo Store as a double pack for $120. Please understand.

Anyway, I agree it’s a weird worry. I’m looking forward to the games and I expect if we do get both there will a reasonable bundle of them together for $60. They want people excited about Zelda ahead of Breath of the Wild 2, not angry about it.

Good morning Fami!
I missed like the last ~10/15 pages… just to be sure: are we pointing to the week of the 12th now?
So the 13th or the 14th? (I doubt it will be on the same day at TGS)

I see we're finally at the next step of the direct hype thread where we know a direct is coming but now we say it's just going to be a bad direct with only ports and maybe 1 game but the next one will be the big one.

I see we're finally at the next step of the direct hype thread where we know a direct is coming but now we say it's just going to be a bad direct with only ports and maybe 1 game but the next one will be the big one.
Hey, ports and 1 game would be a good direct to me, I just need one thing that I enjoy and it's a good direct in my books.

Catching up on the last few pages, nice to see some smoke about Kid Icarus. I do hope Sakurai is involved at the very least in a supervisory role because there's a lot that can go wrong during the move from 3DS to Switch and it'd be a shame if this game didn't get the care it deserves.

unknown.png

gamexplain laid out their calendar pretty well, but I think this is more reasonable. I don't even think the 7th makes sense b/c Apple event - they wouldn't happen at the same time, Apple will be at 10am PDT while Nintendo would be at 3, but it just doesn't make much sense from a marketing perspective.

So yeah, when you lay it out like that, we either have the next two Tuesdays, which is unprecedented for September directs, or this Thursday. guess we'll see in 5 hours and 55 minutes...

We will see if Nintendo have the b@#"! to show WWHD+TPHD and skip BoTW2 in the next direct.
If its a Direct mini, we can say goodbye to BoTW2 news.
I hope its a General Direct with a big Zelda blowout.

Last edited:
I mean, they could do a Direct even on Monday or Friday. Pokémon had the first present of the year on Sunday
Right. Taking that into account only gives us 2 more possible days though - this Friday or Monday the 12th. I don't know if Nintendo would break their previous logic that much when it doesn't provide a huge difference

Okay okay, help this old german out that was asleep during the hot times in this thread ... why am i reading Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus so often on this page?

Ah... really not excited for an FE4 remake unless they change a lot about it. Shadows of Valentia suffered by keeping old map design, hopefully they learned their lesson.
I’ve heard that game has (almost too) massive maps. Is that why?
Bit far-fetched, considering how challenging development was, but what if Sakurai is working on Kid Icarus Uprising 2 and Nintendo is using the Port to bring the series back to spolight in the meantime?
KIU remaster for Switch, KIU2 for Switch 2 in 2025?

I've gone from "probably no Zelda in the Direct" to "there's going to be at least five minutes of Aonuma talking about it, a story trailer and a title reveal for Botw 2 and then Wind Waker and Twilight Princess announced for like next month"
I'd be very happy if this happened, and Nintendo stacking similar releases has some precedence in the Switch era.
We will see if Nintendo have the b@#"! to show WWHD+TPHD and skip BoTW2 in the next direct.
If its a Direct mini, we can say goodbye to BoTW2 news.
I hope its a General Direct with a big Zelda blowout.
... however, this would be thoroughly in character as well. In addition, Grubb not being sure about the Spring release date for BotW2 makes me go erghhh again.

To end positively, if WW and TP do appear (oldschool me goes maybe they'll put a BotW2 demo on the cart!) this fall will be the single busiest for me since the Switch launched - and a meaty BotW2 segment would put the cherry on top.

I’ve heard that game has (almost too) massive maps. Is that why?

KIU remaster for Switch, KIU2 for Switch 2 in 2025?

Yes they are huge with some 'checkpoints' system in castles. I find it obnoxious and it tends to put off NA players who touch it for the first time (though some really love it)

I'd be very happy if this happened, and Nintendo stacking similar releases has some precedence in the Switch era.

... however, this would be thoroughly in character as well. In addition, Grubb not being sure about the Spring release date for BotW2 makes me go erghhh again.

To end positively, if WW and TP do appear (oldschool me goes maybe they'll put a BotW2 demo on the cart!) this fall will be the single busiest for me since the Switch launched - and a meaty BotW2 segment would put the cherry on top.

Here's the thing, if they weren't absolutely sure to definitely hit a release date within the "Spring 2023" timeframe, they wouldn't have said "Spring 2023" but a generic "2023".

Don't think they're not aware of the game having been announced for 3 years now.

If you're gonna change everything about the source game I don't see the point in even remaking it as opposed to something new unless it's nothing more than a cash grab cashing in on nostalgia.But at that point why put so much time and money into it if you just want to cash in on the name alone?

Here's the thing, if they weren't absolutely sure to definitely hit a release date within the "Spring 2023" timeframe, they wouldn't have said "Spring 2023" but a generic "2023".

Don't think they're not aware of the game having been announced for 3 years now.
Exactly. Beyond the immediate future (ex. This months direct ‘scoop,’ we’ll see…) he’s bringing in his own analysis. He thinks a switch upgrade is late 2023 to early 2024, and thinks the BOTW2 release timing has nothing to do with it. In his view, the game is done when it’s done, which may very well be the case. But in my view, the Zelda team should have had the maturity to give a broader release timing if that was something they were more comfortable with.

I think many of us in this thread believe in a H1 (spring) release of an upgraded Switch, to likely coincide with BOTW2. Was this the plan originally? With all the chip shortage and Covid stuff, definitely not. But with all that we know and choose to believe, that’s what makes the most sense.

Exactly. Beyond the immediate future (ex. This months direct ‘scoop,’ we’ll see…) he’s bringing in his own analysis. He thinks a switch upgrade is late 2023 to early 2024, and thinks the BOTW2 release timing has nothing to do with it. In his view, the game is done when it’s done, which may very well be the case. But in my view, the Zelda team should have had the maturity to give a broader release timing if that was something they were more comfortable with.

I think many of us in this thread believe in a H1 (spring) release of an upgraded Switch, to likely coincide with BOTW2. Was this the plan originally? With all the chip shortage and Covid stuff, definitely not. But with all that we know and choose to believe, that’s what makes the most sense.

While it's likely that Drake and BotW 2 launch together or close to each other, neither does Drake need BotW 2 at it's launch, nor vice-versa.

While I agree that a more specific release frame implies a higher degree of certainty about the project's state, I thought similarly about the 2022 release frame. They kept advertising that in newsletters and the like until just before the delay announcement. Maybe I've become too cautious though.

Anyways, if TP/WW make it over this year I'll have to buy those, Bayo (I love how they streamlined their aesthetics), Mario + Rabbids (for the kid, but I'll prolly mildly enjoy it myself), No Man's Sky and Metroid Prime (never played it but adore Dread). Plus MK8 tracks and Splatoon 3... as much as BotW and it's sequel dominate my Switch mindshare, that'd suddenly turn 2022 into the best Switch year so far. If I'd been an RPG fan even moreso.

While I agree that a more specific release frame implies a higher degree of certainty about the project's state, I thought similarly about the 2022 release frame. They kept advertising that in newsletters and the like until just before the delay announcement. Maybe I've become too cautious though.
Yeah it was always 2022 before in investor reports, but Aonuma did reveal that window with an "aiming for" qualifier in the trailer, which made people a little nervous at the time.

So, when are we expecting the direct now? The week of TGS, right?
I was just thinking if it's actually happening that week, then that means there most likely aren't any big japanese 3rd party games shown there as they've already started sharing their schedules and between this week and the next they'll have announced everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom