• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re. Nintendo hoarding games: Emily suggested it is at least partially a response to the Wii U era difficulties. Nintendo effectively want a 'reserve' of software to be available when things are delayed and the release schedule needs shuffling about.

But it does sound like, this year, Nintendo have ended up with more than they anticipated. It'll be interesting to see what that means for 2023.
There's also Switch having much more support in terms of major third-party games, which contributes to consumers' outlook on the system. October is going to have Overwatch 2, NieR: Automata, No Man's Sky, A Plague Tale: Requiem, and Persona 5 Royal, and that's on top of Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope and Bayonetta 3. Nintendo isn't necessarily concerned about third-party sales, look at Xenoblade 3's release change displacing Digimon Survive and Live A Live, but at a certain saturation level it's worth holding off on some releases to avoid cannibalization in either direction.

So why aren't the people posting on the hour, or those acting as if the direct will be at any time except shortly before TGS, getting banned?
we actually recently shadow-banned several naysayers. they can't tell that they're banned and can continue to make posts as usual, but no one can see them

So why aren't the people posting on the hour, or those acting as if the direct will be at any time except shortly before TGS, getting banned?
obama-come-on-what-2.gif

Why would we ban people for making jokes or speculating? This is literally a speculation thread, and as someone else with info has said it could also be as soon as next week.

Why also would we even ban people here for literally posting?

Why would we ban people for making jokes or speculating? This is literally a speculation thread, and as someone else with info has said it could also be as soon as next week.

Why also would we even ban people here for literally posting?
because they're wrong and also foolish and I've personally seen to their removal

I know they are all ports but if we were to get

Twilight Princess HD
Wind Waker HD
Metroid Prime HD
Kid Icarus Uprising HD
F-Zero GX HD
Metal Gear Solid 1-3 HD

All on Switch over the next 12 months i'll be so happy :D

1. Sounds like there is a conflict of sources
2. Today isn't next week?

Nate is confident in a direct in September, and clarified its not on the 1st as some were guessing.

Jeff Grubb is confident in a direct in September and heard the week of the 12th.

Dan from Giant bomb said he heard “as soon as next week”

Even though Jeff and Nate are incredibly reliable, until it’s officially announced people can speculate and guess all they want. If people want to believe a direct is shadowdropped tomorrow let them

Oi, can you play the Forsaken Fortress for me when it releases? Forced instakill stealth is quite the turnoff to me. ktx
this is, no joke, the biggest hurdle to playing 3D Zelda games for me. I have poured hours of my life into that segment and the Gerudo segment of OoT, and dropped Skyward Sword in part because I didn't want to bother with the Silent Realm stuff

avatar bets are too low stakes, ban bets are in

y'all should have read the fine print when participating in the thread poll, a wrong vote = a ban

gonna miss u September 1sters /s

Nate is confident in a direct in September, and clarified its not on the 1st as some were guessing.

Jeff Grubb is confident in a direct in September and heard the week of the 12th.

Dan from Giant bomb said he heard “as soon as next week”

Even though Jeff and Nate are incredibly reliable, until it’s officially announced people can speculate and guess all they want. If people want to believe a direct is shadowdropped tomorrow let them

Oh ok, I didn't realise Dan from Giant Bomb, a reliable journalist, chimed in.

Oh ok, I didn't realise Dan from Giant Bomb, a reliable journalist, chimed in.
Not that it matters but Grubb is also a reliable journalist, works for Giant Bomb now, and hasn’t missed with Nintendo yet. It would be nice if the direct is next week but I would probably expect it the week of the 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom