• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could also mean that they have a new Pokémon trailer in a direct, they did that too in the 2019 september direct for SWSH.

That only applies for Partners, Indies, game specific and so on. General are always 23:00 JST in the Summer and 22:00 JST in the Winter. Have never changed since 2017.
I don't think they did that for partners or indies or game specifics last year either, I think it's a new thing.

Since we haven't had a general since they started doing it that way it's impossible to know what they'd do for a general. So I guess it could be either 9am or 10am EDT tomorrow.

Hmm, so no first week of September Direct, and supposedly it can't be around TGS, meaning it must be end of September.

Grim news for the supposed Metroid remake, which, again, is looking like it doesn't exist.

The Metroid remake does exist. It came out two decades ago.
220px-Metroid_--_Zero_Mission_%28box_art%29.jpg

There hasn't been Pokémon news in Directs for a while, and i doubt they would tease new Pokémon content ahead of a Direct appearance tbh. TGS is two weeks from now. Next week looks more likely for a Direct now. EDIT: oh, next week is Splatoon's, right? So i really don't know what to think lol. Either this Pokémon thing isn't meaningful and the Direct will happen this week, or the Direct will take place after TGS, which would be weird

Last edited:
I don't think they did that for partners or indies or game specifics last year either, I think it's a new thing.

Since we haven't had a general since they started doing it that way it's impossible to know what they'd do for a general. So I guess it could be either 9am or 10am EDT tomorrow.
yeah but there is really no way to check. Since there was not a Partner last year or General in June. It does not really matter tho, since it will be one or other hour.

You know it's funny how I try to doompost all the time and nothing happens
But then an unrelated pokemon tweet arrives and we go from direct this week to direct last week of september and metroid prime remastered doesn't exist.
I've got no words.

Why are you assuming the Pokemon is revealed in a trailer? It could be a simple tweet + website update.

I doubt a random new Pokemon is worth a trailer, no matter how short. Only Lechonk would be this important. But Lechonk was already unveiled.

Lechonk.

Live footage of Nate addressing Famiboards after seeing people yet again taking everything he does as a potential hint:

Tbh I don’t understand all of this doom posting.
If the direct is tomorrow (31st US, 1st in EU/AU/JAP) then it will be announced in an hour. If it’s on Thursday (1st US, 2nd EU/AU/JAP) then it will be announced in a bit more of 24h.
I won’t lose hope till then.

Tbh I don’t understand all of this doom posting.
If the direct is tomorrow (31st US, 1st in EU/AU/JAP) then it will be announced in an hour. If it’s on Thursday (1st US, 2nd EU/AU/JAP) then it will be announced in a bit more of 24h.
I won’t lose hope till then.

Tomorrow is actually August 31st in Europe too. ;]

Almost nothing has been announced 2 days in advance since 2017, yet most of the recent presentations were
All the non-general presentations were announced 2 days in advance.
All the dedicated directs were ALWAYS announced 2 days in advance

tbh I had a sliver of hope that it’d be announced today for tomorrow as a lil early treat

tomorrow is legit tho

Idk if you heard about that lil' thing that went on a couple of years ago that caused some developers some issues. It was in the news but you may have missed it. I'll put the link below though, check it out!

Covid already explains why this is the Zelda title with the longest development time in the franchise's 36 years history. Why does it currently need to be in development hell? What was about that last trailer that made you think that?

But the partners showcase was announced 2 days before and that's what we're getting.

You may be right, botw2 could release in holiday 2024 instead of spring 2024.
I'll eat crow then.

I used to be a pessimist too, but from now on I'm only emitting strong LukasManak vibes

and they are also not announced 2 days in advance since 2017.
Yeah that too. Just baffled that people are doom posting already.

The main Nintendo account hasn’t even tweeted yet. Direct announcements are also the first tweet of the day. Went to check the NOA Twitter and saw they haven’t posted anything today lmao. People need to relax.

Covid already explains why this is the Zelda title with the longest development time in the franchise's 36 years history. Why does it currently need to be in development hell? What was about that last trailer that made you think that?

I used to be a pessimist too, but from now on I'm only emitting strong LukasManak vibes

"Development hell, development purgatory, and development limbo are media and software industry jargon for a project, concept, or idea that remains in development for an especially long time"

That is exactly why.

The time between Skyward Sword and BotW 1 was about 5.5 years; add a year or two of COVID disruption and it's actually pretty reasonable to expect BotW 2 to arrive at some point near the end of 2023.

Was there even any indication that it'd be a Pokemon trailer specifically? And even still I don't know how that would disprove a Direct because The Pokemon Company does its own separate thing most of the time.

It does not matter how much you try, I will never leave team September 1st. Even when that bs about Patner popped up I never jumped on it. Pokemon tweet popped up and some of you be like "no Direct then". There is also that "they would announce General 2 days before airing" and so on. Tomorrow is the day, for real.

Where did this partner direct business come from btw? I am expecting a general direct and would be baffled if they did otherwise. We’re not in the “detail the second half of the year territory” anymore. I’d expect them to start talking about first quarter 2023 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom