• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely trailers and announcements:
  • Unknown Fire Emblem Pepsi
  • Windwaker and/or Twilight Princess HD
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • Metroid Prime Remake
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 3
  • Nintendo Switch Sports: Golf Update
  • Mario Strikers Battle League Free DLC
  • Bayonetta 3 trailer
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope trailer
Maybe:
  • 2D Mario
  • F-Zero GX remaster (?)
  • Metroid Prime 4

With how things are, im 95% sure no new hardware this year.

Its a weird situation, there are to many software rumors floating around, not a sign of mass production starting, TGS is also not usually the place for hardware... and anouncing it and hte new software now would really slow down the holiday sales.
Also, i feel like the anouncement would not be in a regular direct.

On the other hand...if it is planned for spring, then they have to anounce it somewhere.
current position: new hardware next summer. almost another year away.
Till then : FE, Zelda ports and Metroid Prime 1 (with trailer for 4).
Thats a fine lineup for spring. And they can have a teaser for zelda, and promising more after the holidays...

• Breath of the Wild 2
  • Metroid Prime Remake
  • Bayonetta 3 trailer
Maybe:
  • 2D Mario
  • F-Zero GX remaster (?)
  • Metroid Prime 4
Don't forget the mario movie teaser

Don't forget the mario movie teaser
I‘m still not sure if they‘d feature it in a direct. I feel like there would be more smoke if a trailer was immidate. But then again Nintendo seems to have a strangely interessting aproach to movie marketing when thinking about that Miyamoto Tweet. I guess it will be weird.

Better in every way
I totally agree! The old version was just my friend’s drawing of me, with a Nintendo Switchum box I lazily slapped on the shirt.

So tonight I asked that same friend to update the original drawing with this background and the updated shirt, and they agreed to do so!

Hey wait a minute

You didn’t say anything about cars or anime

You aren’t the real choco!!
Dude if I went down the list of every single thing I was into we'd be here for like twenty whole seconds

I am so pleased to reveal the updated switchum avatar! (Swipe to see the old version)

New avatar looks to be a much higher resolution so I guess NOTABLE INSIDER SWITCHUM LEAKS SCREENSHOT FROM NEW NINTENDO SWITCH PRO

• Breath of the Wild 2
  • Metroid Prime Remake
  • Bayonetta 3 trailer
Maybe:
  • 2D Mario
  • F-Zero GX remaster (?)
  • Metroid Prime 4
No Advance Wars or Mario Party Superstars DLC....

So yeah, sounds about right.

I need a new 3D Mario in either the September Direct or the February one. It's been far too long since Odyssey, and even Bowser's Fury was almost two years ago.

the basedness of some transcends the comprehension of others
04e.jpg

I see two outcomes right now because there's no way they're shipping Splatoon 3 and Mario Kart 8 DX DLC on a platform that's about to be obsolete by EOY 2023:

A) It's fully backwards compatible and hardware switches for enhanced modes akin to GBC/GBA/DSi or they'll send patches out for the newer hardware (similar to XSX/PS5 I think?).
B) There will be Switch 2 versions of popular software that are network compatible
I fully believe that next year will be the switch pro and the successor will launch in 2025

Does anyone know if the Goldeneye remake is still happening? I remember earlier in the year most people were speculating that it would be released on the 25th anniversary, but that came and went with nothing.

Is this still happening? Seems like Goldeneye on NSO would make for a nice Direct announcement.

Honestly, at this point a piece of me thinks Nintendo might finally go the Apple route (which people have been predicting for years) and start blurring the lines between successor/revision. Maybe they'll get to the point where those terms don't matter. The Switch family will be an ecosystem, no matter which model you buy into. And eventually, early Switch models will be phased out.

Of course, I have a horrible little habit of being horrifically wrong. So be on the lookout for Switch 2 now that I've said this.

Just stumbled across this buy it's an interview with the guy who designed the logos for several Nintendo games including Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing, and the Wind Waker.

I would be very happy with just WWHD and Metroid Prime HD announcements as I've never even played them yet. Add to that BOTW2 at the end of the Direct and ill be good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom