• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@the_marmolade @switchum just want to clarify, I already can't remember what I posted sometime ago but I was never upset with any of you, I'm happy for y'all to be reporting on something you thought could be something! Wasn't your fault that person didn't clarify it was just a guess.

Thank you!
I’m just happy to help out the community 👍

I said it before, I think, but if the next Switch model is fully backwards compatible we will almost certainly see more than a few first party titles in the following years available for the original Switch. Of course, this will cause many "But this game deserved the full power of the current Switch!" type of comments, but that will probably be only a vocal minority.
I see two outcomes right now because there's no way they're shipping Splatoon 3 and Mario Kart 8 DX DLC on a platform that's about to be obsolete by EOY 2023:

A) It's fully backwards compatible and hardware switches for enhanced modes akin to GBC/GBA/DSi or they'll send patches out for the newer hardware (similar to XSX/PS5 I think?).
B) There will be Switch 2 versions of popular software that are network compatible

Allow me to post my TGS/September Direct pattern chart as a reminder one last time:

Year
TGS Start
21st
20th
12th
24th
30th
15th
Sep. Direct
13th
6th > 13th*
4th
17th
23rd
???

*2018 Direct postponed a week due to earthquake

So the 1st is definitely an option based on history. As for the week of TGS, the one and only time Nintendo has held an event or Direct of any kind on that same week was a Wii Fit U Direct.

So the most likely date is this week, as next week would have Splatoon coverage and such.

Hence why I put it under Hidden and did mention mods could verify this claim. Plus many people have posted off-the-cuff comments before here about unannounced games and directs then later those who made them comments later backtrack.
Sure. As I said, I get it; but people are weird with Directs and will cling/react to any little thing -- more than usual if they think they can rush a video about it for clicks and then only to update the subject tomorrow with another video. I don't think the spread went beyond the forum (so far) so no harm was done. The fault isn't on you. The fault is on the individual posting in the Discord in a matter of fact manner and taking a while to clarify it was speculation based on an odd belief, which makes no sense once you factor in the basic reality that Prime 1 is expected this holiday.

That’s the way (uh huh, uh huh) I like it
dr-evil-how-about-no.gif

Out of curiosity, I just hopped on ResetEra to find what my first comment ever in the Nintendo Direct speculation community was.

Here it is, March 3, 2020:

“What makes this a “Thursday year”? What would stop Directs from happening on Wednesdays like last year?”

I know not a single soul here cares but I thought it was interesting, at least for me.

My username was also “nintendofan” then, before I changed it to switchum a year later. Talk about B A S I C

Just as a quick reminder, the moderation team here don't and aren't really in a position to prove or support any claims or rumours users might bring to the site. The only thing that differentiates us from everyone else are a set of volunteer permissions, we know as much or as little as all of you.

Okay, Slay the Spire released it's grasp on me from the weekend. Let's see what's going on with famiboa.... Nvm bye

I'm still undecided on Zelda ports, but Grubb seems pretty certain. Of course, I lack valuable context, such as knowing how much Zelda stuff Nintendo have in the works, so on the surface to me ports don't make sense in the next few months. But I guess stranger things have happened.

Just as a quick reminder, the moderation team here don't and aren't really in a position to prove or support any claims or rumours users might bring to the site. The only thing that differentiates us from everyone else are a set of volunteer permissions, we know as much or as little as all of you.
Pfffft, we all know the mod team here is secretly comprised of the Nintendo Ninjas.

You guys do a great job <3

Alright, I'm coming clean buddy

All Famiboards accounts are actually just bots I made to make you feel like you had friends

And that's how we became self aware. Befriending a Subway eater is beyond even our abilities and that's how we came to realize our creators were sick, cruel, and must be wiped away to cleanse this world.

And who wouldn't? I mean, other than a sizeable number of Doctor Who fans circa 1996, but most of them eventually saw the error of their ways and came around, so it's all good.
I actually saw most of Series 7 in early 2014 then got into the show when Capaldi started. I saw some clips here and there in earlier years but that was it.
Looking forward to when the BBC finally decides to market the final special for a very underrated Doctor. Jodie's era does have it's flaws but she's an incredible actor who could've done so much more if she was given proper scripts to work with.

I'm still undecided on Zelda ports, but Grubb seems pretty certain. Of course, I lack valuable context, such as knowing how much Zelda stuff Nintendo have in the works, so on the surface to me ports don't make sense in the next few months. But I guess stranger things have happened.
I’m mixed on the Zelda ports. I have both games on Wii U and I haven’t gotten around to them yet. If the ports come to Switch I don’t think I’ll buy them. But I want them to come out for everyone else who wants them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom