• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miyamoto showing up to introduce Chris Pratt as Mario, says "he's so cool".

Mario being "cool" referring to ice levels in Mario games.

Ice levels in Mario games are slippery.

Slippery? Slippers. Also, socks.

Socks are garments with holes in them for feet.

Now, let's divide this information into 2 separate trains of thoughts.

1. Holes - chasms that indicate a space or room where any sort of molecule or matter is absent.

2. Feet - parts of the body used for many things, with walking being among them.

A space or room for something is a negative space, made up of absence. As such, it's a space that is nothing. Meaning zero. 0.

Hold this number in mind.

Now, back to feet. Feet are not only parts in your body meant for traversal, it's also a form of measurement.

Recall Miyamoto's original quote. "Cool" - but what did he also mention? "He" and "so".

"So" means "ancestor" in Japanese, and the kanji for "So" looks like a gaping monster with two giant teeth. "Giant" means big, or large. It indicates something being larger than people expect it to be.

So, we're supposed to measure something larger than people expect it to be, and measure it in feet. But what?

Enter the third part of "He's so cool". "He". In this case, referring to a male human.

We need to measure a male human, but a male human larger than we expect it to be. A human larger than we expect is often described as "tall".

"Tall" often means a variable of height of sorts. We need to measure something of significant height.

Now, for the fourth and final piece of the puzzle - the Mario movie is gonna be sick.

"Sick"

"Mu-sick".

In music theory, "tall" and "height" often refers to notes that climbs in pitch, higher and higher. Now, let's apply this to the pitch scale, and look for the tallest note possible. The tallest (highest) note a human can hear is C.

Now, we still need to consider "taller than one might think". On a guitar fretboard, the fret above (in pitch) the fret for C is the fret for F.

So, we're left with the letter "F".

And "Zero".

this is peak

I think a Switch OLED could absolutely just be a tweet saying something like “Going forward, Nintendo Switch Lite consoles will have OLED displays, resulting in brighter colours and better battery performance! The price will not change.”

like I think it could be an extremely minor upgrade, like the red-box switch was.
I agree, it doesn't need a whole video, there's no new kickstand or Lan port to advertise with a new Lite model. The first lite video communicated it was a mini Switch, the OLED video showed off the screen and other improvements. A post that says "Switch Lite OLED model" is self explanatory.

Everyone's best friend tomorrow....

k-ViVZip_400x400.jpg

1. Holes - chasms that indicate a space or room where any sort of molecule or matter is absent.

2. Feet - parts of the body used for many things, with walking being among them.

A space or room for something is a negative space, made up of absence. As such, it's a space that is nothing. Meaning zero. 0.

Now, back to feet. Feet are not only parts in your body meant for traversal, it's also a form of measurement.

Recall Miyamoto's original quote. "Cool" - but what did he also mention? "He" and "so".

"So" means "ancestor" in Japanese, and the kanji for "So" looks like a gaping monster with two giant teeth. "Giant" means big, or large. It indicates something being larger than people expect it to be.

So, we're supposed to measure something larger than people expect it to be, and measure it in feet. But what?

Enter the third part of "He's so cool". "He". In this case, referring to a male human.

We need to measure a male human, but a male human larger than we expect it to be. A human larger than we expect is often described as "tall".

"Tall" often means a variable of height of sorts. We need to measure something of significant height.

Now, for the fourth and final piece of the puzzle - the Mario movie is gonna be sick.

"Sick"

"Mu-sick".

In music theory, "tall" and "height" often refers to notes that climbs in pitch, higher and higher. Now, let's apply this to the pitch scale, and look for the tallest note possible. The tallest (highest) note a human can hear is C.

Now, we still need to consider "taller than one might think". On a guitar fretboard, the fret above (in pitch) the fret for C is the fret for F.

And "Zero".

@switchum you've got competition, dude

"Sick"

"Mu-sick".

And "Zero".

Masterpiece!

"Today we're announcing three devices, the first is a Switch Lite with an OLED screen, the second is a new hybrid with 4K DLSS functionality, and the third is an internet communicator... OLED Switch Lite, 4k hybrid, and internet communicator. OLED Switch Lite, 4k hybrid, and internet communicator...

are you getting it? These are NOT three separate devices! It is One device! And we're calling it New Switch 4kU with internet browser"

"Today's we're announcing three devices, the first is a Switch Lite with an OLED screen, the second is a new hybrid with 4K DLSS functionality, and the third is an internet communicator... OLED Switch Lite, 4k hybrid, and internet communicator. OLED Switch Lite, 4k hybrid, and internet communicator...

are you getting it? These are NOT three separate devices! It is One device! And we're calling it New Switch 4kU"
holy fuck this killed me

When you lose your wallet, you lose nothing.

When you lose your job, you lose something.

When you lose your faith in Switch Pro next week, you lose everything.

The real question is, are a trailer drop and a tweet an event?
for the purposes of the poll, no

I think there's an intuitive understanding of what constitutes an event and what doesn't, so I imagine there wouldn't be too much dispute about it

like, a new Splatoon 3 trailer could be over five minutes long but it still wouldn't be an event

One thing I wanted to throw out there about a Switch Pro--

Holding this thing for spring next year to release alongside Zelda gets Nintendo precisely nothing. When Nintendo releases a notable hardware revision it will be supply constrained and therefore sold out for months. Whatever marketing synergy you are imagining, releasing it alongside Zelda will not really improve sales. If anything, it will make people annoyed because millions of consumers will have a big boutique, highly anticipated game, but not the hardware needed for the best possible experience. All else equal, it would be better to release it months ahead of time so people have time to actually get their hands on the thing. Releasing a Switch Pro earlier with a decent game taking advantage of the hardware (e.g. Metroid Prime Remastered) and/or some DLSS updates to previous games would be enough to hold people over until other new games like Zelda are ready.

The strategy I just outlined has nothing to do with when the Switch Pro will actually be ready to release. It may be the case that there is no physical way to release it prior to Spring next year. All I am saying is that deliberately tying it to Zelda if it is ready to go earlier doesn't make any sense to me.

for the purposes of the poll, no

I think there's an intuitive understanding of what constitutes an event and what doesn't, so I imagine there wouldn't be too much dispute about it

like, a new Splatoon 3 trailer could be over five minutes long but it still wouldn't be an event

Then I will stand by my poll choice.

"Today we're announcing three devices, the first is a Switch Lite with an OLED screen, the second is a new hybrid with 4K DLSS functionality, and the third is an internet communicator... OLED Switch Lite, 4k hybrid, and internet communicator. OLED Switch Lite, 4k hybrid, and internet communicator...

are you getting it? These are NOT three separate devices! It is One device! And we're calling it New Switch 4kU with internet browser"

Jobs would be proud

The timing of an early 2023 release has always been a bit questionable for a pro, because they would have to announce it far in advance temporarily crushing sales, especially during the holidays. That's why I still believe if Nintendo is announcing a new revision whatever it is will launch holiday 2022.

This day finally feels like one of the Direct speculation days in June, love to see it. I was happy to find that video went private imao

OK, so it is only the US OLED video that went private. Video is still up for every other regions (Japan and Europe at leat).
My conclusion : definitely happening :p

Can we please talk about how when Switch was properly announced when Takahashi was on stage the half of the screen was just his titles in the company? Absolute legend

shinya-takahashi.jpg

I don't imagine there was much concern about this, but to be clear any more powerful hardware announcement implicitly constitutes an "event." The "No Nintendo event this month" option precludes any more powerful hardware announcement. If you think more powerful hardware will be announced, vote for one of the appropriate options.

If something were to happened. Probably be next week. So we best prepare for a slow news this week.

So. I bought TMS on switch. Got a good deal on a physical copy and decided. What the hell. Owned it on Wii U but never played it cuase of time and life

OK, so it is only the US OLED video that went private. Video is still up for every other regions (Japan and Europe at leat).
My conclusion : definitely happening :p
tbh only the US video going private and not all of them proves it was a conscious, active decision and not some automatic 1-year-later privating. Someone at NOA decided this should go private at this very moment. That’s not a decision that happens without a reason.

Can we please talk about how when Switch was properly announced when Takahashi was on stage the half of the screen was just his titles in the company? Absolute legend

shinya-takahashi.jpg
Also his first words were "My name is Shinya Takahashi and I lead ALL software development at Nintendo." Chad.
Edit: First words after birth I mean

One thing I wanted to throw out there about a Switch Pro--

Holding this thing for spring next year to release alongside Zelda gets Nintendo precisely nothing. When Nintendo releases a notable hardware revision it will be supply constrained and therefore sold out for months. Whatever marketing synergy you are imagining, releasing it alongside Zelda will not really improve sales. If anything, it will make people annoyed because millions of consumers will have a big boutique, highly anticipated game, but not the hardware needed for the best possible experience. All else equal, it would be better to release it months ahead of time so people have time to actually get their hands on the thing. Releasing a Switch Pro earlier with a decent game taking advantage of the hardware (e.g. Metroid Prime Remastered) and/or some DLSS updates to previous games would be enough to hold people over until other new games like Zelda are ready.

The strategy I just outlined has nothing to do with when the Switch Pro will actually be ready to release. It may be the case that there is no physical way to release it prior to Spring next year. All I am saying is that deliberately tying it to Zelda if it is ready to go earlier doesn't make any sense to me.
Yeah, I think the idea that Nintendo 'needs' a massive blockbuster on Day One for a revision console isn't really rooted in anything significant. It mostly just came from the whole "BotW was delayed until March for the Switch launch, so maybe BotW2 could too," idea.

Looking at previous 'revision' launches:
PS4 Pro launched with no big Sony exclusive games, relying on patches for already-released titles and the latest CoD title
Xbox One X launched with the yearly Forza game
New 3DS launched with Majora's Mask 3D and a Monster Hunter game
Switch Lite launched with Link's Awakening
Switch OLED launched with Metroid Dread

So, yeah; the precedent definitely points towards revision consoles releasing with games, but not massive ones.

Who here was present at the Era 2018 January Direct thread madness?

That was one of the most incredible threads.
That thread was second only to the thread on GAF for the days leading up to the Jan 2017 Switch event. I don't think I will ever experience something like that again on the internet.

tbh only the US video going private and not all of them proves it was a conscious, active decision and not some automatic 1-year-later privating. Someone at NOA decided this should go private at this very moment. That’s not a decision that happens without a reason.
Could be related to July 4th long weekend. Things at my work are certainly screwed up because of it.

Here, absolute great times. Same goes with waiting till February 2019 for a Direct. We've got Sakurai Presents Byleth and then Pokemon Direct imao. Same with early 2020 before Covid hit.

I don't imagine there was much concern about this, but to be clear any more powerful hardware announcement implicitly constitutes an "event." The "No Nintendo event this month" option precludes any more powerful hardware announcement. If you think more powerful hardware will be announced, vote for one of the appropriate options.
I want to change my vote but I bet hard on there being a big Direct last month and I don't want to get clowned on by Nintendo again :(

I wasn't, but I suppose that it was a PATTERNS discussion that they were gonna have something in January due to the 2017 Switch presentation?

Also his first words were "My name is Shinya Takahashi and I lead ALL software development at Nintendo." Chad.
Edit: First words after birth I mean
IMAO, imagine your first words after birth are: I LEAD ALL NINTENDO SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT". This is peak.

How do I check my Yeah! count?
Click your avatar pic at the top of the page, it'll show your name, then title, then "Messages" and "Reactions."
Click "Reactions" and it'll show how many Yeah!s you've given and received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom