• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If EPD Tokyo's next 3D Mario game is Holiday 2023 then I don't think we will see it in September. Their games tend to have relatively short periods between announcement and release (less than a year).
Mario Odissey first look was Oct. 20, 2016 and the realese date was Oct. 27 2017 (1 year 7 days). I think New 3D mario is a possibility for the upcoming september direct.

Mario Odissey first look was Oct. 20, 2016 and the realese date was Oct. 27 2017 (1 year 7 days). I think New 3D mario is a possibility for the upcoming september direct.
Yeah, I know. But this was just a tease and more of the "we need to show this brand new Mario game for 5 seconds because we are revealing are next home gaming system". 3D World for example was a January 2013 "announcement" but it was fully revealed at E3 that year with a release that Holiday.

How are we feeling on the likelihood that by the end of next month Zelda BotW 2 has a title and Metroid Prime is announced. My confidence level keeps going from very likely to no way haha. I am confident something happens in September just not sure the magnitude Hope it's not another partner. .

How are we feeling on the likelihood that by the end of next month Zelda BotW 2 has a title and Metroid Prime is announced. My confidence level keeps going from very likely to no way haha. I am confident something happens in September just not sure the magnitude Hope it's not another partner. .
Metroid absolutely. Zelda is 50/50

Gut feeling / personal speculation: They will totally have one big(ger) game left for 2022 that is unannounced.

It's either the next FE or Metroid Prime 1 Remake. One of those will be announced by the end of September and the other will be a Jan/Feb 2023 release.

Zelda ... iffy. As much as i want to see it, they could technically hold off until Feb 2023 Direct if its launching later than March 2023.
Though, the next time i want to see it is with a big blowout. If they entertain the idea of "rewarding" us with some 10 more seconds and the title, my stance is ... no thanks.

Did the recent Fire Emblem leaks ever get proven false, or do we believe that they are real? I feel that we may get an announcement in the next direct if the leaks are actually real.

Did that game already get announced or appear in an Indie World?

I believe that they very rarely give games more than one highlight in those events.
On the May one I think.
Nonetheless, I believe that they must have more games to announce and it would be on the highlight reel or something like that.

Rumors floating around that the Apple Event is on the 7th, with iPhone launching the 16th.

I'm squarely in the 9/1 camp now. We still don't have any idea about the Splatoon 3 single-player campaign and they cheekily skipped right over that in the direct. That's easy enough to drop into a Direct the week before launch. They did this with Splatoon 2 when they dropped it onto the end of the ARMS direct a month before launch.

Still feeling like we'll see an Indie World next week, but I could easily see them rolling up indie stuff into the start of a general direct too.

Is Nintendo going to be at TGS or Gamescom?
Nintendo never does TGS which is why Space World used to happen.

Yes Ooblets appeared on the last indie world.

The youtube comments section is filled with folks angry at the development team, not saying they shouldn't be, but I'm still going to pick it up. I can't resist, it looks so good.

this would skip right over TGS though. I think with Apple having taken the week of Splatoon there's a higher chance of a Partner Showcase instead
Yeah I forgot about TGS, but I still think they'll show a Direct after TGS. I hope a Direct is shown early September like other people wrote, but I just don't see it, but these are uncharted territories so who knows at this point.

Yes Ooblets appeared on the last indie world.

The youtube comments section is filled with folks angry at the development team, not saying they shouldn't be, but I'm still going to pick it up. I can't resist, it looks so good.
Folks still angry about that epic deal they took?

I guess I see why cause the devs responds was very much something certain folks won’t ever let go lol. But still. Everyone should perhaps Move on, or ignore a game you’ll probably never were gonna buy.

Yeah I forgot about TGS, but I still think they'll show a Direct after TGS. I hope a Direct is shown early September like other people wrote, but I just don't see it, but these are uncharted territories so who knows at this point.
I mean if they're doing it after the TGS then what's the point of doing a direct in September?
The september direct is usually a vehicle for other publishers to announce games they want to showcase at the TGS.

You know, at one point "joke posting" about stuff like "No Direct ever again" or "Partner Showcase instead of Direct" and "BotW2 delayed to insert most outlandish date you can imagine here" becomes less joke posting and more like you're actual opinion.

Does this post count as kink shaming?

this would skip right over TGS though. I think with Apple having taken the week of Splatoon there's a higher chance of a Partner Showcase instead
We ain't going into 2023 with zero Nintendo games dated, tho. Next Direct will be a General one.

You know, at one point "joke posting" about stuff like "No Direct ever again" or "Partner Showcase instead of Direct" and "BotW2 delayed to insert most outlandish date you can imagine here" becomes less joke posting and more like you're actual opinion.

I would say at one point it was ridiculous but after this summer it seems plausible

The reason as to why botw2 got delayed to spring 2023 or even beyond is that the real title of the breath of the wild sequel Breath of Darkness was leaked years ago and they're still scrambling to find a new title for the game; the game is in gold since 2021 btw.

Rumors floating around that the Apple Event is on the 7th, with iPhone launching the 16th.

I'm squarely in the 9/1 camp now. We still don't have any idea about the Splatoon 3 single-player campaign and they cheekily skipped right over that in the direct. That's easy enough to drop into a Direct the week before launch. They did this with Splatoon 2 when they dropped it onto the end of the ARMS direct a month before launch.

Still feeling like we'll see an Indie World next week, but I could easily see them rolling up indie stuff into the start of a general direct too.

Nintendo never does TGS which is why Space World used to happen.
I feel like Apple and Nintendo have had events on the exact same day in the past.

Iwata was truly the king of catching people off-guard
Well he’s certainly better about it than Molyneaux since he never wrote checks that couldn’t be cashed

I feel like Apple and Nintendo have had events on the exact same day in the past.
I checked for the fall events! The closest I could find was a Direct the day after the Apple event.

Doesn’t mean they didn’t overlap other times.

What if they do only partner showcases and Twitter drops this year. And in early January Nintendo holds a big event where they show the new hardware, new Zelda info and a look into the other 2023 releases. This could be similar to the Switch event in 2017, but without the 2016 teaser. So it would be a complete surprise for all the people that don't pay attention to rumours. Only thing is that Nintendo have to be even tighter when it comes to leaks, if they want to stay quit about new hardware for so long.

I doubt we ever get a repeat of the 2017 event. Directs + Twitter clearly work for Nintendo, there’s no need to put together a 2+ hour live show.

We’ll probably get like an hour long direct, with the first 15 minutes dedicated to hardware and the remaining 45 minutes as a standard direct, albeit closer to E3 in terms of announcements.

if they're gonna miss TGS, why bother with September? we could get the first October Direct in ages
Exactly. Until TGS I’m operating on the assumption that things are normal and the summer weirdness was just due to lack of E3. If we get to TGS and there’s still been no Direct, that’s when things will be wild and uncharted territory. Only a few weeks to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom