• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
GameCube has a significantly better 1st party library than the Switch, especially in terms of output consistency
I was playing about 3-5 games per year on Gamecube, while with Switch I'm playing an average of 5-10 1st party games per year alone, not taking into account the amazing 3rd party and indie support that was non existent on Gamecube. If you have no nostalgia goggles, the Gamecube was absolutely not having a consistent output, also a lot of mediocre 1st party releases like Mario Sunshine and Kirby Air Ride didn't help. Switch has the most consistent and quality output since the SNES if we're being serious here. If the Gamecube was drowning in games as opposed to Switch, than it wouldn't have sold 21 million units, while Switch is on its way to becoming the best selling system of all time. Doubt a system with "game output problems" would have this massive of a fanbase!

I'd like at least one (1) more new IP from Nintendo before they move on from the Switch

I don't expect it at this point but it'd be nice

I'd like at least one (1) more new IP from Nintendo before they move on from the Switch

I don't expect it at this point but it'd be nice
They're always making new IP tho.
But a new IP like Splatoon/ARMS/Ring Fit is probably harder for us to get.
I think they will absolutely have at least one on the cross gen period.

The mobile version runs ok on a softmodded Switch running Android, in theory an optimized port should fare much better.

In theory. 😞
To me it's coming still for regular Switch. We've seen it before of a port taking forever to come and everyone and their mom thinking it was canned in Fall Guys.
Genshin was probably a case of being announced waaaaayyyy before starting actual porting.

I wish there was more smoke… more excitement, more joy… anything at all

Just stare into the void with me... you'll learn to enjoy it, in time

void.gif

I was playing about 3-5 games per year on Gamecube, while with Switch I'm playing an average of 5-10 1st party games per year alone, not taking into account the amazing 3rd party and indie support that was non existent on Gamecube. If you have no nostalgia goggles, the Gamecube was absolutely not having a consistent output, also a lot of mediocre 1st party releases like Mario Sunshine and Kirby Air Ride didn't help. Switch has the most consistent and quality output since the SNES if we're being serious here. If the Gamecube was drowning in games as opposed to Switch, than it wouldn't have sold 21 million units, while Switch is on its way to becoming the best selling system of all time. Doubt a system with "game output problems" would have this massive of a fanbase!
I like to do a top 10 games for every console just for fun and in the case of the game cube I had a hard time getting to a top 10 (I also missed out on some amazing game like metroid prime though) instead for the switch I have the opposite problem: the top 10 is so stacked that some games that I adore like astral chain can't even make the top 10. I can easily have a top 20 games and still have some good games left. I think the only Nintendo console where I can do this are the SNES and the wii and probably the ds.

Regarding that Imram Tweet: I believe that is Disney + MARVEL related
My Tweet regarding Genshin Impact is very near with what Nate already said a lot of months ago

this is gonna be a busy gaming week for me. Kirb on Wednesday, and Wave Race on Friday? gonna be a lot of gaming

Let’s say you were given the option to receive definitive, factual secret knowledge from Nintendo on one of the following topics. Which would you take? Where would you draw the line in terms of how much you’d want spoiled?

Option A: You get to know all the details about the next Direct, including date, type of presentation, games, and even footage. Basically you get to see all the contents of the Direct before anyone else.

Option B: You get everything from Option A, excluding gameplay footage. So essentially a factual leaked list of games and reveals, but the footage will be a surprise for the reveal.

Option C: You know the date and type of the next presentation (by “type” I mean that it won’t be a Partner Showcase with you thinking it’s a General, for example). You can know whether or not a couple of games that really interest you will be there, but that’s it. A lot of surprises (including footage) are still there on the day!

Option D: You know the date and type of the presentation. No game knowledge, you just get a statement like “The next General Direct will be on September __th.”

Option E: You know the date. Not the type. That is all.

Option F: You want NOTHING; let’s be surprised with everyone else!

Just trying to get some insight on how much you would all want to know ahead of time. Personally, I’m standing on Option D. That’s all the info I want!!
I think option D is the best. Wanna be surprised but at the same time, knowing a date and the type of direct would make be a lot more calm in general lol and it is a solid date to look forward to

Let’s say you were given the option to receive definitive, factual secret knowledge from Nintendo on one of the following topics. Which would you take? Where would you draw the line in terms of how much you’d want spoiled?

Option A: You get to know all the details about the next Direct, including date, type of presentation, games, and even footage. Basically you get to see all the contents of the Direct before anyone else.

Option B: You get everything from Option A, excluding gameplay footage. So essentially a factual leaked list of games and reveals, but the footage will be a surprise for the reveal.

Option C: You know the date and type of the next presentation (by “type” I mean that it won’t be a Partner Showcase with you thinking it’s a General, for example). You can know whether or not a couple of games that really interest you will be there, but that’s it. A lot of surprises (including footage) are still there on the day!

Option D: You know the date and type of the presentation. No game knowledge, you just get a statement like “The next General Direct will be on September __th.”

Just trying to get some insight on how much you would all want to know ahead of time. Personally, I’m standing on Option D. That’s all the info I want!!
A and then I use that info to become the next Samus Hunter

Option A, GIVE ALL OF IT TO ME!!!

Not going to lie I need a real direct to happen sooner than later. Willing to patiently wait until mid September. After that then I’m going bezerk. I need Pikmin 4. 😢

Well goddammit. Went to witness the birth of my 2nd child. Instead, passed out due to low BP, had a seizure, got diagnosed with covid, missed his birth, and now they're going home even before I am! What kind of shit luck is this? Like really? 2.5 years no covid and now all this? I am so livid at the universe right now I just need to vent. I will never get to witness it. I will never get to see my daughter meet her brother for the first time. Fuck!!

Well goddammit. Went to witness the birth of my 2nd child. Instead, passed out due to low BP, had a seizure, got diagnosed with covid, missed his birth, and now they're going home even before I am! What kind of shit luck is this? Like really? 2.5 years no covid and now all this? I am so livid at the universe right now I just need to vent. I will never get to witness it. I will never get to see my daughter meet her brother for the first time. Fuck!!
Sorry to hear this. Sounds devastating. I do hope everything went smoothly and that you are recovering and your little one is doing well.

this is very unfortunate for a variety of reasons, but here's my take: you didn't miss it for a stupid reason. instead you have an incredible story to tell your kids about how you had the worst day ever but hey you made up for it kiddo. imagine if you had just been taking a shit or something, that would be devastating

Fuck, I am so, so sorry to hear this! I can’t even imagine. I completely understand needing to vent.

Jesus I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you're okay, wish you well soon and a beautiful reunion with your partner and child.

woof

Very sorry to hear that, wishing you a speedy recovery so you can see your family very soon!

This is wild but unfortunate. All the best for your hopefully speedy recovery.

I still stand to my theory that there is a Direct on September 1st/2nd because Splat3 story mode have not shown much in the Splat Direct and there will be a one last reminder that Splatoon 3 is coming with one last trailer.

I like to do a top 10 games for every console just for fun and in the case of the game cube I had a hard time getting to a top 10 (I also missed out on some amazing game like metroid prime though) instead for the switch I have the opposite problem: the top 10 is so stacked that some games that I adore like astral chain can't even make the top 10. I can easily have a top 20 games and still have some good games left. I think the only Nintendo console where I can do this are the SNES and the wii and probably the ds.
No one else took you up ok this, but I will. This list is focused on "1st party" Nintendo titles (I know some are 2nd party or a 3rd party using a Nintendo IP). Also these lists aren't in any definitive order

GC

1) Paper Mario TTYD
2) Smash Bros Melee
3) Zelda Wind Waker
4) F-Zero GX
5) Animal Crossing
6) Metroid Prime
7) Pikmin 2
8) Kirby's Air Ride
9) Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
10) Eternal Darkness

Switch

1) Breath of the Wild
2) Super Mario Odyssey
3) Xenoblade 3
4) Metroid Dread
5) Smash Bros Ultimate
6) Splatoon 2
7) Super Mario Maker 2
8) Fire Emblem Three Houses
9) Animal Crossing New Horizons
10) New Pokemon Snap

There are for sure more Switch games that tickle my fancy then GC games, but I do get why someone could lean the latter. Star Fox, F-Zero, Chibi-Robo, Custom Robo, Wave Race, 1080, Battalion Wars, Wario (land) World, and Mario Baseball are all IP that have love from that era and for many of them have been basically dead since the GC and none of them have a new entry on Switch.

Concernant ce Tweet d'Imram : je crois que c'est lié à Disney + MARVEL
Mon Tweet concernant Genshin Impact est très proche de ce que Nate a déjà dit il y a plusieurs mois
But if you've heard of genshin × nintendo, that means it's very close so the switch pro this year???

Dropping in 45 min

Tune in August 17 at 7:00 a.m. PT for a new @IndieWorldNA Showcase featuring roughly 20 minutes of information on upcoming indie games headed to Nintendo Switch. #IndieWorld

Tune in anytime August 17th for the start of a new 24/7 livestream: Miyamoto Direct!

Follow live hidden camera footage of Shigeru Miyamoto at all times as he upends teatables, speaks to imaginary Pikmin in his garden, and makes his neighbours uncomfortable by testing new game concepts on them.

Tune in anytime August 17th for the start of a new 24/7 livestream: Miyamoto Direct!

Follow live hidden camera footage of Shigeru Miyamoto at all times as he upends teatables, speaks to imaginary Pikmin in his garden, and makes his neighbours uncomfortable by testing new game concepts on them.

Soooo .... no more random employee kidnapping? Moved over to random game experiments on neighbours?

No one else took you up ok this, but I will. This list is focused on "1st party" Nintendo titles (I know some are 2nd party or a 3rd party using a Nintendo IP). Also these lists aren't in any definitive order

GC

1) Paper Mario TTYD
2) Smash Bros Melee
3) Zelda Wind Waker
4) F-Zero GX
5) Animal Crossing
6) Metroid Prime
7) Pikmin 2
8) Kirby's Air Ride
9) Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
10) Eternal Darkness

Switch

1) Breath of the Wild
2) Super Mario Odyssey
3) Xenoblade 3
4) Metroid Dread
5) Smash Bros Ultimate
6) Splatoon 2
7) Super Mario Maker 2
8) Fire Emblem Three Houses
9) Animal Crossing New Horizons
10) New Pokemon Snap

There are for sure more Switch games that tickle my fancy then GC games, but I do get why someone could lean the latter. Star Fox, F-Zero, Chibi-Robo, Custom Robo, Wave Race, 1080, Battalion Wars, Wario (land) World, and Mario Baseball are all IP that have love from that era and for many of them have been basically dead since the GC and none of them have a new entry on Switch.
In my case a gamecube top 10 would be something like

1) pikmin
2) zelda windwaker
3) zelda four sword adventure
4) super mario sunshine
5) paper Mario TTYD
6) Luigi's mansion
7) Fire emblem path of radiance
8) super smash bros melee
9) Donkey kong Jungle beat
10) star wars rogue squadron 2

On one hand I have a few games that I still have to play like chibi robo, the 2 metroid prime, eternal darkness and skies of Arcadia which will probably hit the top 10 when I'll play them but other games like f-zero GX, star fox assault/adventure, pokemon Colosseum or pikmin 2 just didn't do anything for me
And the biggest problem for me is that of the game in the top 10 only the top 5 are games that I adore. The rest are games that I liked but weren't anything special.

A top 10 switch instead would be something like
1) Zelda botw
2) super mario odyssey
3) fire emblem threehouses
4) link's awakening remake
5) live a live remake
6) kirby forgotten land
7) metroid dread
8) splatoon 2 + octo expansion
9) xenoblade 2 + torna
10) monster hunter rise + sunbreak
With games like astral chain, paper Mario TOK, pokemon legends and Luigi's mansion 3 as runner's up
And not counting 3d world + bowser fury (port) and neo twewy (not exclusive) who would probably be in the top 3 range. I really like the switch, what can I say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom