• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo only needs their own Insomniac who can put out a new high quality action adventure with mainstream appeal every two years. Easy.

That already exist it is NDCube ;)

After I saw that video of Breath of the Wild running at 60FPS just with dynamic resolution where it doesn't even go as low as Xenoblade I'm not doubting a 3rd party port ever again.

fami reading my post through a slice of swiss cheese smh my head

What is the chance that Nintendo reveals a Direct announcement tomorrow morning? I’d put it at about 1%. It feels super unlikely but there is a glimmer of hope that it could happen this week.

Literally as I was typing this out, I remembered that Indie World is a thing. Oops

I remember watching X-Play back in the day and their TGS episodes were always some of the most exciting. It was the only way I could see those early Advent Children trailers. I also remember the episode where they were check out this strange new game called Monster Hunter.

What is the chance that Nintendo reveals a Direct announcement tomorrow morning? I’d put it at about 1%. It feels super unlikely but there is a glimmer of hope that it could happen this week.

Literally as I was typing this out, I remembered that Indie World is a thing. Oops
I don't think an August Direct is as unlikely as it seems. As a true Team January stan, I think August Direct can happen.

The timeline where I see Metroid Prime Remakester first is the best timeline no matter what.

Everyone's talking about a switch pro for $500 USD but what if we get a switch extra lite for $100 USD

Much smaller, touch screen only, and capped at 480p! It's so lite you can barely see it!

So as @Raccoon reminded me, I had forgotten that TGS was late last year so that explains why the September direct was also late last year as well.

If the pattern sticks as usual then we should get it like normal.

I'm yeahing all of these switch pro posts but to be clear I cannot endorse hype for it
I actually kinda don't want to see hype for the new Switch anymore. At least not to the levels it's been at. I love hardware speculation and I'm really very interested in all the tech stuff going on in that thread, but Switch Neo dropping when nobody expects it would be waaaaay better than everyone expecting to see it during every single announcement.

I'm kinda waiting for all the naysayers to sorta overtake the overall vibe so that when it does drop it cracks the internet open like a watermelon in summer.

I don't think an August Direct is as unlikely as it seems. As a true Team January stan, I think August Direct can happen.

The timeline where I see Metroid Prime Remakester first is the best timeline no matter what.
Honest question for you, genuinely not trying to be condescending or sarcastic.

Do you feel that you are only speaking out of optimism and hope, or do you actually believe that there is a legitimate chance?

I’m not sure where I stand so I want to get a take from someone who believes in August :)

I wish Indie Worlds counted as Directs.
"Indie World" is such an awkward name anyway.

Indie Direct

Nintendo Indie-rect

One sentence horror story:

Chris Pratt is playing Mario
You made me do it

IMG_0361.jpg

Let’s say you were given the option to receive definitive, factual secret knowledge from Nintendo on one of the following topics. Which would you take? Where would you draw the line in terms of how much you’d want spoiled?

Option A: You get to know all the details about the next Direct, including date, type of presentation, games, and even footage. Basically you get to see all the contents of the Direct before anyone else.

Option B: You get everything from Option A, excluding gameplay footage. So essentially a factual leaked list of games and reveals, but the footage will be a surprise for the reveal.

Option C: You know the date and type of the next presentation (by “type” I mean that it won’t be a Partner Showcase with you thinking it’s a General, for example). You can know whether or not a couple of games that really interest you will be there, but that’s it. A lot of surprises (including footage) are still there on the day!

Option D: You know the date and type of the presentation. No game knowledge, you just get a statement like “The next General Direct will be on September __th.”

Option E: You know the date. Not the type. That is all.

Option F: You want NOTHING; let’s be surprised with everyone else!

Just trying to get some insight on how much you would all want to know ahead of time. Personally, I’m standing on Option D. That’s all the info I want!!

Honest question for you, genuinely not trying to be condescending or sarcastic.

Do you feel that you are only speaking out of optimism and hope, or do you actually believe that there is a legitimate chance?

I’m not sure where I stand so I want to get a take from someone who believes in August :)
I don't know exactly, just a feeling. We're on an atypical year(just like 2020) where what makes sense doesn't happen. Partner Showcases can happen any month too so if we were getting that I don't it has to be September.

Overall I've seen some people in the know not invested in September or talking about the possibility of no Direct so maybe there's reason for that.

On a final note, the most likely week appears to be the week with nothing that's Aug 31st/Sept 1st and I would lean towards 31st because that's the Wednesday.

Let’s say you were given the option to receive definitive, factual secret knowledge from Nintendo on one of the following topics. Which would you take? Where would you draw the line in terms of how much you’d want spoiled?

Option A: You get to know all the details about the next Direct, including date, type of presentation, games, and even footage. Basically you get to see all the contents of the Direct before anyone else.

Option B: You get everything from Option A, excluding gameplay footage. So essentially a factual leaked list of games and reveals, but the footage will be a surprise for the reveal.

Option C: You know the date and type of the next presentation (by “type” I mean that it won’t be a Partner Showcase with you thinking it’s a General, for example). You can know whether or not a couple of games that really interest you will be there, but that’s it. A lot of surprises (including footage) are still there on the day!

Option D: You know the date and type of the presentation. No game knowledge, you just get a statement like “The next General Direct will be on September __th.”

Just trying to get some insight on how much you would all want to know ahead of time. Personally, I’m standing on Option D. That’s all the info I want!!
Definitely C.
I want to know the date, type and if Zelda BotW 2 and Metroid will be present so I don't expect them.

Option D like you I just want to know when and what to expect (1st party, 3rd parties and/or indies)

D -- knowing about specific games earlier doesn't really benefit me at the end of the day. It won't make the games come any faster! Still, if I were given the chance, I would definitely want to know both the date and type of the next direct. The "surprise" of hearing a presentation is coming is much less important to me than the actual games.

there's no reason not to have a Direct during Splatoon week
If we don’t have a Direct during Splatoon week, then you’ll have to replace your avatar with Dingo Picture’s official mascot : Wabuu, the cheeky raccoon. That will teach you to give me hope.

Why do you say since Wii when the Gamecube is arguably the worst system when it came to droughts? At least in terms of what I was playing, it had the least amount of games I have bought on any 21st century Nintendo system. Switch has easily been the best from a 1st party and for sure 3rd party perspective, even without a handheld line. So don't see how the Switch has been a failure in that regard at all?
GameCube has a significantly better 1st party library than the Switch, especially in terms of output consistency

I don't know what to play next now that I finished Dread 😭
Should I rent Tropical Freeze(and can I beat it in 7 days?) or Skyrim or The Witcher 3(and can I beat those in 2 weeks?)??
Maybe I should work on my backlog and continue Tales of Vesperia or Doom Eternal or something.

I have a copie of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE coming, will be my first physical game!!

Also when can I have a nice sale of Nintendo first party or Atlus? 😔

first of all liam tells us that we must expect something in 3 weeks

Then necro felipe said he heard a rumor about genshin impact on switch

finally a Twitter user mentions nate and tells him if it's the switch pro and nate like

You see what I mean ?

finally a Twitter user mentions nate and tells him if it's the switch pro and nate like

You see what I mean ?

oh haha

yeah this is nothing but thanks for sharing

You see what I mean ?

Here we go for Genshin Cloud Version 😭

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom