• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
any new stuff? I guess its Monday so probably not...
1658773372496.png

Yall I can't handle all these DK puns this early in the week. It's only Monkdey for fucks sake

A franchise that historically appears on average every four years.
Everyone 'knew' Paper Mario would come in 2020, Zippo as much as the rest of us.

Zippo has had like two legit rumors and they were all Sonic related. All of his Nintendo stuff is either stolen from other leakers, some kind of safe prediction, or just straight up false in the case of Mario Kart 9.

OMG Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door HD for Switch 🥰

please
This is a big part of the reason why I clamor so bad for Gamecube NSO.

The way Nintendo treats Paper Mario these days compared to back then, I can't see them investing any kind of money into an HD remaster, or if they did they'll strip away the soul of precisely what makes it so beloved in the first place so it hangs around the level that SS/CS/TOK are.

This is a big part of the reason why I clamor so bad for Gamecube NSO.

The way Nintendo treats Paper Mario these days compared to back then, I can't see them investing any kind of money into an HD remaster, or if they did they'll strip away the soul of precisely what makes it so beloved in the first place so it hangs around the level that SS/CS/TOK are.
I mean you can complain about the direction of Paper Mario but Nintendo does care about the franchise quite a bit to always greenlight new games and trying to make new things with every entry. I dont think we can say in TOK case that it lacks Soul it had a lot of love and detail behind it, it just isnt the direction most of Paper Mario original fans want the franchise to go

I mean you can complain about the direction of Paper Mario but Nintendo does care about the franchise quite a bit to always greenlight new games and trying to make new things with every entry. I dont think we cant say in TOK case that it lacks Soul it had a lot of love and detail behind it, it just isnt the direction most of Paper Mario original fans want the franchise to go
Yeah, you're right. Honestly I take back what I said about TOK lacking soul and I certainly don't want to get dogpiled for what I otherwise know is a minority opinion. The game itself probably is an 8/10 if you don't have any attachment to the earlier games like I do, but it's a simple fact that I cannot help but compare it to what the series used to be when it continues to use the same name. I only recommend the game to people who've never played PM64 or TTYD before because I know they won't be disappointed like I was. TOK was probably as good as it could ever get and I've accepted I'm not buying Paper Mario games anymore unless I'm gifted them for free or reviews actually promise a return to form.

What I guess I'm referring to is the designs and personalities of the Piantas, Goombas, Toads, Koopas, Bob-Ombs, all otherwise seemingly generic NPCs but all given uniquely identifying physical traits. TOK only had...Bobby, and the Shogun actors. Everyone else is just bland and faded away into the background in my eyes that not even their dialogue had any lasting power.

What if we get Paper Mario in 2023 instead of 2024? 🧐

That would be cool! As Origami King was great I'm craving for more.
Franchise still has historically been releasing on average every 4 year even if that would happen though :>

Zippo has had like two legit rumors and they were all Sonic related. All of his Nintendo stuff is either stolen from other leakers, some kind of safe prediction, or just straight up false in the case of Mario Kart 9.

Not even sure he was first with the Sonic stuff? Maybe he was..
But much like you say, anything else - has been just him guessing or throwing stuff out there.

Mario+Rabbids being a thing means probably none
Really not comparable at all I think. Totally different gameplay and story structure. Wouldn't shock me if they take Paper Mario back into more of a RPG direction. Or they go full action adventure. I could see both happening.

I give Zippo credit for at least getting Paper Mario correct even if it wasn't a return to form as was claimed, SamusHunter is 0 for 0 if I am not mistaken.

If Zippo did actually get real info about Origami King (and I have no reason to believe that he actually did), I don't blame any insider for thinking it was a "return to form" having just looked briefly at the game. Just looking at screenshots and maybe some small bits of footage, it looks like a Paper Mario game. The return to form that Paper Mario fans are asking for is so specific but for the average person, they are not going to pay attention to exact details.

Really not comparable at all I think. Totally different gameplay and story structure. Wouldn't shock me if they take Paper Mario back into more of a RPG direction. Or they go full action adventure. I could see both happening.
While is a totally different style I see it still as the successor of having a Mario RPG like (even if more SRPG) while with Paper Mario they probably want to go more adventure based which for me is something that TOK did pull off but needs more work imo

I like Kid Icarus Uprising. Kid Icarus Uprising is also the only game to have physical hurt me and left me in pain for several days. Hand cramps while playing without the stand.

I can remove the link if you prefer, but seeing how it unfolded with the Star Fox piece, the discussion will happen either way. However, it would be a bit hypocritical to talk about it and not source the rumor.
The homophobic slur part should’ve been enough to have that link removed and them not even being reference here at all.

I would love an Uprising remake, and then hopefully a sequel too. That game was so fun and full of character, actually if Nintendo wants to get more into multimedia I think the personality and characters present in Uprising could translate well to some animated shorts or series. I just really loved that game and it’s characters and would love for it to get more time in the sun.

Zippo’s at like 10 rumored games still waiting to come lmao
What sucks is they're such easy guesses that they actually will come out at some point. New Mario Kart is coming! New Donkey Kong is coming! Like.. yeah, no kidding. Even if it's years before those franchises get new entries, he'll be like "SEE GUYS I WAS RIGHT LOL SUCK IT DOUBTERS" and the cycle will continue.

Hell, the one thing I saw him nail, which was the Sonic Origins leak and the way the music was handled within the game, I coulda fuckin guessed with the info that's circulated in the fan community regarding Sonic 3 for a decade. But he made sure to make a post victory lapping this community when Sega revealed it.

What's funny is in close proximity to that was a post saying "Also my leak that Sonic Adventure was coming was completely and totally true, it just got cancelled because Sega got cold feet," which is how I imagine he handles any outright miss.

What sucks is they're such easy guesses that they actually will come out at some point. New Mario Kart is coming! New Donkey Kong is coming! Like.. yeah, no kidding. Even if it's years before those franchises get new entries, he'll be like "SEE GUYS I WAS RIGHT LOL SUCK IT DOUBTERS" and the cycle will continue.

Hell, the one thing I saw him nail, which was the Sonic Origins leak and the way the music was handled within the game, I coulda fuckin guessed with the info that's circulated in the fan community regarding Sonic 3 for a decade. But he made sure to make a post victory lapping this community when Sega revealed it.

What's funny is in close proximity to that was a post saying "Also my leak that Sonic Adventure was coming was completely and totally true, it just got cancelled because Sega got cold feet," which is how I imagine he handles any outright miss.
*Sega reveals Sonic Adventures 1 & 2 HD Combo Pack for the 25th anniversary next year*

Zippo: Well you see Sega had cold feet at first but based on the good/bad performance of Sonic Frontiers they realized they could make more money off nostalgia so they uncancelled the project.

He also “leaked” a Persona 5 spinoff starring Akechi, so at least we’ll be able to stick that to him when it never materializes.

*Sega reveals Sonic Adventures 1 & 2 HD Combo Pack for the 25th anniversary next year*

Zippo: Well you see Sega had cold feet at first but based on the good/bad performance of Sonic Frontiers they realized they could make more money off nostalgia so they uncancelled the project.
Exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom