• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we reset the clock? This isn't Direct season.

pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

I’ve finished all but China; the variety in this game is wild. The massive differences in tone, style, combat, music, etc., is ridiculous for a game that came out when it did. I’m eager to see where things go once you finish the 7 stories.
Yep; really impressed with it so far.

Finished Near Future, Imperial Chine, Distant Future, Present and Far West in that order.

Made some progress on the two other stories too.

Really curious about how it is connected.

Tactics Ogre leaked…again. How many times will this game leak lol. It’s supposed to come to Switch.

Haha, this game really does get leaked a lot! :ROFLMAO: Hoping for some definitive word on it soon!

tone.jpg

"No fookin way they taught tactics to an ogre!"
Haha, oh man...my wife and I literally just finished up that show last Friday. We never watched it the whole way through! Great show, and a great post here, haha! :ROFLMAO:

My prediction as always is that in next direct we will see a dual tactics ogre/ff tactics remaster announcement’s. The leaked november release date screams a september direct reveal

Its also interesting how square-enix likes to market hard their games on directs. Last time we have 3 headlines for them (nier automata, dq treasures and hasvestella). From titles with a “winter” date there is still ffvii cc reunion and romancing saga ps2 remaster. From rumors, there are also ff ix remake, saga frontier 2 and ff i-vi pixel remasters. They can pull again multiple headlines.
Good points! It'd be so awesome, and they've surely got a lot in the pipeline, like you've said, that can be revealed!

Gaming is dad to me because my own dad was never there for me

I actually have a very loving and supporting dad. I just wanted to make the joke
Nice!

Gaming is bread to me because I can't have gluten.

this was me for a long time

internet at home was too crappy and internet at uni didn't work with p2p
I live in a rural area and my best option is starlink and that won’t be available till next year

I can only play games like fall guys and I even considered playing fortnite for a while

This week is, I think, gonna be mostly about Xenoblade.

Reviews, and ... Maybe some new music tracks :)
yeah. My hype for more infos will grow when we are living through august. A Splatoon 3 direct is just a matter of time hopefully and I will be quite satisfied until a general drops.

Seeing as this is the new general topic: today I will light a candle for all of you who suffer while waiting for new announcements, whether you're waiting for hardware or software it matters not, know that I will be with you in thoughts and prayers.

Myself included

How likely we will see Zelda BoTW2 on the hopefully coming September Direct!?
Me as a Zelda Fan I‘m starving for some new Zelda Content. What do fou think?
80% I guess? I would love to say "its guaranteed" but the last few weeks tell me otherwise.

How likely is that we finally see Zelda BoTW2 on the hopefully coming September Direct!?
Me as a Zelda Fan I‘m starving for some new Zelda Content. What do fou think?

Best chance, outside of Nintendo feeling generous with Geoff during TGAs, to see it in 2022.

That's my concern with Geoff and TGAs. From Reggie's book, the relationship was there when he was at Nintendo.
We have no idea how Bowser feels about him and the TGAs. Nintendo's almost complete absence in 2021 isn't encouraging. Hoping it was just a lull due to product launch timings and we'll get something again this year.

I think once Splatoon 3 releases Nintendo will be more willing to share plans of 2023. Hopefully that is when BotW 2 really starts its marketing campaign. But this Zelda game has had the most unpredictable marketing so who knows at this point.

Now that I think about it...
If they absolutely need to show Zelda this year (and I imagine they do?), and if they're not going to show it without a hardware reveal before it, which would make perfect sense, then it pretty much guarantees that we're going to see Switch 2/Drake this year.

Is there a timeline where:
  • Nintendo waits early 2023 to show a new Zelda BotW's sequel trailer again, revealing its proper name and such? Even considering we're almost certainly getting at least one full Direct before holidays?
  • Nintendo chooses to show Zelda again without anything related to new hardware, even though it's most likely cross-gen and the greatest game to showcase it (although probably not the only one)?

I mean it just makes sense to me, like even from Nintendo, choosing one of those timelines would be just baffling and make no sense imo.
By this logic I'm now thinking that an early 2023 reveal for either Zelda or Drake seems very unlikely, but maybe I'm missing some elements.

The main question to ask is probably this: why didn't they do a first party Direct (implying Zelda) in either June or July?
Why does it seem they're holding back on it? I know the game has been delayed but there has to be other reasons. And obviously, they wouldn't have done one without the other (no Zelda without a Direct, no Direct without Zelda).

I think some people confuse the reason why Zelda is a yearly franchise: because it sells a lot. They are not really trying to force one Zelda per year but it being one of their biggest franchise means they greenlight a lot of projects for it just like Mario, this means that there is almost always a Zelda game that is finished or close to being finished so every year gets one but if the plan was for BOTW2 to be this year’s Zelda game and now they cant get it out they will not rush the other projects to get a Zelda this year.

Nintendo don't need to tie footage of an already-announced game coming to Switch to a different hardware model. It was announced for and is coming to the current system; if they have hardware to show at a later date, they can simply show more Zelda footage on that hardware.

I guess that's fair

I don't expect a title until next year though
Yeah the title reveal timing is more questionable since we're not sure of the actual release month, but I'm more concerned about the possibility of showing the game again before a hardware reveal. That could be the very main key factor to have better idea of the announcement/releases time frames and how they decide to market stuff.

Nintendo don't need to tie footage of an already-announced game coming to Switch to a different hardware model. It was announced for and is coming to the current system; if they have hardware to show at a later date, they can simply show more Zelda footage on that hardware.
That makes sense and I agree, but even though they don't need to, should they go for it? Would it have the same impact to show the game again and reveal important new hardware later, if both are supposedly very tied regarding release dates?

Last edited:
I honeslty would have have prefered for them to jump into the next Zelda instead of BOTW2, I’m extremly curious about how the series will go forward post-BOTW.
BotW has so much untapped potential so I am really glad that they are making a game with the same engine again.

Direct Nintendo sequels are almost always amazing.

EDIT: in fact I wish they would have made Wind Waker 2 instead of Twilight Princess because that game too had some really nice systems and mechanics. We got Phantom Hourglass but it really wasn't the same.

That makes sense and I agree, but even though they don't need to, should they go for it? Would it have the same impact to show the game again and reveal important new hardware later, if both are supposedly very tied regarding release dates?
There's nothing, other than speculation, suggesting this is the case. Sure, it's possible Zelda is a launch title for the new model, but that shouldn't be treated as a certainty.

Both the new Zelda and new hardware are going to succeed at launch, even if they don't launch together. And if Zelda doesn't launch at the same time as new hardware, there are other games in the works from major EPD groups (especially 8 and 10, with 9 possibly working on something) that may be ready to launch alongside new hardware.

It does make sense to pair the hardware with Zelda. Both take around 5-6 years to make. If Zelda BotW 2 doesn't come to the new hardware than the new hardware will be waiting till the end of its life for New 3D Zelda.

It does make sense to pair the hardware with Zelda. Both take around 5-6 years to make. If Zelda BotW 2 doesn't come to the new hardware than the new hardware will be waiting till the end of its life for New 3D Zelda.
They can release the Drake version when Drake launches, no matter what Drake will not get it’s own exclusive 3D Zelda until it’s last years.

The latest 3D Zelda will be playable - and likely improved - on the new hardware.

Besides, Nintendo's original plans for Zelda, and whatever their original plans for hardware, may well no longer be on track. We know Zelda isn't on track because it's had one public delay.

We've only had one open world Zelda, a bit early to be wanting something new. Assuming BOTW2 builds on BOTW the next Zelda after that should still be open world but be more ambitious on new hardware

My personal vote is a re imagining of the Zelda 2 world as a full open world with both BOTW style dungeons and discrete dungeons like those in Zelda 2 and multiple towns and settlements

We've only had one open world Zelda, a bit early to be wanting something new. Assuming BOTW2 builds on BOTW the next Zelda after that should still be open world but be more ambitious on new hardware

My personal vote is a re imagining of the Zelda 2 world as a full open world with both BOTW style dungeons and discrete dungeons like those in Zelda 2 and multiple towns and settlements
Yep. as Aonuma said Open World Zelda is here to stay. Everything else would look like a downgrade to most people.

I have an infected wound on my toe so I can't go to work until next week.
I would be ready for a General Direct announcement Nintendo:

lotion-warm.gif

Plus the old formula can still be used for 2D Zelda, not necessarily remakes but games like ALBW on 3DS, that could compensate the long waiting gaps between major open worlds titles.
technically they could design a OoT like Zelda around an smaller open world. Not exactly what I would want but it could be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom