• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just beat Live A Live's Distant Future chapter, my first completion. Pretty good, atmospheric chapter. Looking forward to hopefully wrapping up Edo Japan as well before bed, which I've adored.

Just beat Live A Live's Distant Future chapter, my first completion. Pretty good, atmospheric chapter. Looking forward to hopefully wrapping up Edo Japan as well before bed, which I've adored.
I’ve finished all but China; the variety in this game is wild. The massive differences in tone, style, combat, music, etc., is ridiculous for a game that came out when it did. I’m eager to see where things go once you finish the 7 stories.

Tactics Ogre leaked…again. How many times will this game leak lol. It’s supposed to come to Switch.

lol. November 11th, huh? Damn that’s a crowded spot. So is this getting announced at a Sony event maybe soon or the early September Direct? Or just announced randomly?

lol. November 11th, huh? Damn that’s a crowded spot. So is this getting announced at a Sony event maybe soon or the early September Direct? Or just announced randomly?
There was speculation in the last thread this was going to be at the June/Partner Direct. You’re thinking what I’m thinking, we must be getting a Nintendo or PlayStation event soon. Exciting stuff!

Dragalia Lost's final chapter was just released, they updated the game to gift free upgrade / materials if you wanna go through the story without much trouble.
It's kinda Xenoblade-ish, and the side stories aka Adventurer stories are like Fire Emblem support conversations but more in-depth, usually. Check it out if you want, while it's still available.

Dragalia Lost's final chapter was just released, they updated the game to gift free upgrade / materials if you wanna go through the story without much trouble.
It's kinda Xenoblade-ish, and the side stories aka Adventurer stories are like Fire Emblem support conversations but more in-depth, usually. Check it out if you want, while it's still available.

I liked that game at launch, but fell off since I was playing other gachas at the time and it’s hard to juggle multiple ones. Was sad to hear it has been slowly wrapping up, I liked what I played.

There was speculation in the last thread this was going to be at the June/Partner Direct. You’re thinking what I’m thinking, we must be getting a Nintendo or PlayStation event soon. Exciting stuff!
Well last year Sony did its big showcase September 9th and that timeframe seems likely again this year, so it could be either one! Question is just which will happen first, and if either will come in August.

Could you see it in a PlayStation showcase? Cause they usually save those for first party/exclusive big games. Maybe a state of play. A direct (september/oct) seems more likely.

It reminds me of last sep direct when they announced voice of cards and it came a month later so maybe thats the strategy.

tone.jpg

"No fookin way they taught tactics to an ogre!"

I liked that game at launch, but fell off since I was playing other gachas at the time and it’s hard to juggle multiple ones. Was sad to hear it has been slowly wrapping up, I liked what I played.
It changed my opinion on what mobile games could be, with how easy it was to get everything just by playing (not paying), and the overall quality of the game itself. Still have very mixed feelings about mobile games in general, though Dragalia Lost has been a lot of fun over the years.
I still hope there's something in store for the future of Dragalia, beyond mobile... but I dunno when that'll be.

Hello again all !

This week has got to be the week, hasn't it? I don't think we'll get a proper direct, but rather a game specific one
unlikely I think. this week is going to be Xenoblade 3 week most likely with Nintendo focusing on supporting that release. I think the Direct that was possible was cancelled and Nintendo did those twitter/youtube drops the last week or two about games that would have been alongside the Bayo 3 trailer

Could you see it in a PlayStation showcase? Cause they usually save those for first party/exclusive big games. Maybe a state of play. A direct (september/oct) seems more likely.

It reminds me of last sep direct when they announced voice of cards and it came a month later so maybe thats the strategy.
The smaller games show up in State of Plays for PlayStation which happen fairly frequently. Their bigger Showcase events are harder to predict timing for. Someone here might have the dates, but they’ve been at different times in the year iirc. I feel a Nintendo show makes more sense for it for being better received, but unless I’m missing one the last Tactics Ogre was on PSP I believe with Let Us Cling Together?

Tour doesn't look like my thing at all, but if it's development has led to the MK8 BCP (by sharing assets) I'm absolutely fine with that. MK8 is nigh perfect so just adding new tracks is all it needs :).

Tour doesn't look like my thing at all, but if it's development has led to the MK8 BCP (by sharing assets) I'm absolutely fine with that. MK8 is nigh perfect so just adding new tracks is all it needs :).
Yeah! After all, I don’t care about the quality of the tracks, I just care about the tracks themselves being there.

Gaming is dead too me cause Nintendo said i shouldn't use my Switch at these temperatures and god forbid i turn on the heater that is the PS5 in this heat.

Do you think this could work on console? I'd be interested to play it if it were ported over

IF ONLY it was available in France

My prediction as always is that in next direct we will see a dual tactics ogre/ff tactics remaster announcement’s. The leaked november release date screams a september direct reveal

Its also interesting how square-enix likes to market hard their games on directs. Last time we have 3 headlines for them (nier automata, dq treasures and hasvestella). From titles with a “winter” date there is still ffvii cc reunion and romancing saga ps2 remaster. From rumors, there are also ff ix remake, saga frontier 2 and ff i-vi pixel remasters. They can pull again multiple headlines.

Whilst we wait for Nintendo to announce something, I decided to go rogue and play a videogame (I know, I know, insert black panther "we don't do that here" meme).

I decided to play Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. It is awesome so far - I tried previously playing it on Wii & 3DS but it never clicked (& the image quality was just bad (not the graphics)).

Just a question, is there a recommendation on whether to go with arranged audio for music or the original audio for music? Am using arranged so far and it sounds great through my speakers.

Everybody should shitpost as much as they want and have fun, but I personally am not expecting anything but Xenoblade this week. Next week we'll have a Pokémon trailer and maybe the week after a Splatoon Direct. I'm betting on Mario Kart the week after that.

Whilst we wait for Nintendo to announce something, I decided to go rogue and play a videogame (I know, I know, insert black panther "we don't do that here" meme).

I decided to play Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. It is awesome so far - I tried previously playing it on Wii & 3DS but it never clicked (& the image quality was just bad (not the graphics)).

Just a question, is there a recommendation on whether to go with arranged audio for music or the original audio for music? Am using arranged so far and it sounds great through my speakers.
You're not missing out much on the original audio, some tracks haven't even been remastered so arrangements mostly consist of field and combat music. You can check some original versions later for comparison but you should keep the arranged soundtrack :)

Gaming is dad to me because my own dad was never there for me

I actually have a very loving and supporting dad. I just wanted to make the joke

same, brother

I got a promotion at work last month and it's been getting pretty hectic at my job. Both my wife and I have been putting in OT, and while the extra cash is nice, we've both just been exhausted.
I am working more hours because I need the money and its really just an endless cycle of working, coming home, cooking, doing chores, reading this forum and going to sleep lol.

I’ve finished all but China; the variety in this game is wild. The massive differences in tone, style, combat, music, etc., is ridiculous for a game that came out when it did. I’m eager to see where things go once you finish the 7 stories.
I ended up beating Distant Future, Edo Japan, and Present Day last night, plus making about 30 minutes more headway in Imperial China. Good, varied stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom